Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Lakers Christmas Game Thread (ABC 2:00 PM PST)

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

Lebron clearly out played Kobe last night. Lakers fans always has an excuse

*looks at name*
*looks at avy*

oh okay
happy.gif

Yea ok is right.
laugh.gif
Everyone know when Lebron really want to play (aka last night) there will be no stopping him . Dude is unstoppable and with the help of Dwade it's  going to be a wrap for the opposing team. It was a beat down, rape, exposure of the overrated L.A Lakers on Christmas day

L.A still need to thanks Kendrick Perkin for the knee injury in game 6 too

roll.gif
What happened last year to Lebron?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

LOL yall so funny trying to make feel better...

it's not that kobe was "off"

it was dwade and bron who were shutting down kobe like no other...it was another game that made be confirm kobe is NO WHERE NEAR jordan. lmao feels good that i'm right again.

kobe isn't quick to get past by them, nor his moves aren't working at them while his fadeaways can't be accurate when lebron with his long arms going to bother his accuracy...

not to mention dwade with his quick hands to bother kobe's ball handling...can't even penetrate...what can he do? lol

while 35 years old jordan with his series of moves helped him score 44 pts during the last game @ msg

oh wait, we're not supposed to compare mj and kobe...

kobe looking like just another starting sg at ________.

That's why I can't stand L.A. fans comparing the 2,he's not even close to him.MJ played hard EVERY game,regular season and playoffs. He always wanted to outdo his peers no matter what situation. Kobe looks like he dgaf this season. He's not the greatest Laker,Magic > Kobe.
He's not even a top 10 player of all time imo,top 15 but not top 10.

And Bron > Kobe,it's been that way for a while.
Don't judge someone as a player by the number of rings they have,in that case: Robert Horry > MJ,Derek Fisher > D-Will and CP3
laugh.gif
Wow, settle down. Lebron may be better than Kobe, but Bryant has been one of 3 or 4 most productive players in the league this season. DGAF? Seriously?
No one with a brain compares MJ with Kobe, but I fail to see how not being as good as Jordan takes away from Kobe's achievements/legacy/etc.
And he is certainly top 10 all time, please lose the bias.
I may have a bias towards him (Celtic nd Heat fan) but I've got the utmost respect for what Kobe's done and he's an all time great no doubt but I've noticed that he looks like he doesn't care during the regular season. When he plays against contenders he's supposed to be more focused than ever about beating them but he takes it as just another game. I understand that you guys have won the last 2 titles and you don't really need to prove anything but at least show up each game. I'd have more respect for him if he went all out each and every night.

Could you post your top 10? Just curious.
You have a bias against him, not towards him. Plus you're a Celtics AND Heat fan? Wow. Sorry, I just can't take you seriously.
But the fact is, he does play hard every game. Just because he doesn't play well, doesn't mean he's giving no effort, and to suggest he is dogging it out there is quite frankly moronic. All his peers/opposing players/coaches have lauded him for going hard every game, but to your eye, he doesn't. How does that work?
laugh.gif
Talking about respect. Why don't you take a look at your boy Lebron's Game 5 last year, one of the most despicable efforts in sports history. Basically threw a winnable game/series, and blamed it on a phantom elbow injury that was never heard about again after they were eliminated.
And I'm not wasting my time thinking about a top 10, but suffice to say he'd be in the 8-10 range.
Trust me,I have reasons for both. I used to live and grew up in Boston when I was younger and went to their games when they were fairly good before the "big 3" with a young Paul Pierce,Antoine Walker,Tony Battie etc.Hence why I'm also a Red Sox and Pats fan. I also lived in South Florida (West Palm Beach,bout 45 mins from Miami) from '03-'06 and was a fan while I was there and went to the Championship Parade
Spoiler [+]
P1010075.jpg
. D-Wades been my fav player since he was drafted.

Now I suppose Bron's my boy since he plays for my team but I won't make any excuses for the way he left but to be honest,we outplayed the Cavs in every single way that series. I don't know weather the injury was fake or not because he was shooting one handed ft's since the 1st round. So if he was actually unhealthy I wouldn't put the blame directly on him but if not,I'll admit that he might've let up a little bit,but he still had 27 pts,19 rebounds and 10 assists which people forget about. What more could he have done by himself? the rest of his team didn't show up and you can't beat the Celtics with one man. Cavs fans lead you to believe that he quit since he left but he did all he could. I didn't think he quit before he joined my Heat and I still don't now that he has.

In comparison, Kobe had 23 pts, 15 rebounds and 2 assists on 6-24 shooting, and zero for 6 three-point shooting in Game 7 of the Finals against a weaker Celtics team without an injured Perk in the Finals.
The difference? The Lakers won because the rest of the team showed up. Gasol had 19 pts, 18 rebounds, 6-16 shooting, no 3 point attempts, and 7-13 free-throw shooting.

What did the Cavs have? Jamison's 5 points, 5 rebounds, 2-10 shooting, 0-3 three-pointers, and 1-2 free-throw shooting. Yea, Gasols, normally considered "soft", was even aggressively attacking the basket and was rewarded with ft's.  The Cavs just stood around waiting for LeBron to make plays. Let's not forget, it was Mo who didn't call a timeout and was dribbling out the clock the final minute of the game. Why does he get a free pass? And why didn't Mike Brown call a timeout in their last possessions?The reality is the whole Cavs team quit against the Celtics, except possibly LeBron who put up one of the best playoff lines ever in Cavs history. And the only reason why the Cavs were still in the game in the 4th quarter is because of LeBron.To put it into more perspective, Dwight Howard played much worse than LeBron in the Magic series against the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals. After Game 3, the Magic were down 0-3 while the Cavs were up 2-1. So did Dwight Howard quit? Why is he getting a free pass? Or better yet, why isn't Orlando accusing him of quitting?  Could it be because neither Howard or LeBron quit?

It's a double edged sword,you could say the same for Kobe back in'06 when the Lakers actually had a 3-1 series lead.
Despite scoring 50 pts in Game 6, they still lost which is when you saw people start calling Kobe a "ball-hog" and not trusting his teammates.  Kobe responded in Game 7 by putting up a total of 16 shots, including only 3 shots in the 2nd half, and scoring 1 point. The result was a 31 point blow-out loss to the Suns in Game 7. Yes, Kobe quit. That's a fact and everyone that watched that series except for the most in-denial Lakers fans remember this. So why isn't Kobe called out as a "quitter"?That's cause Kobe redeemed himself by winning the league MVP award and two back-to-back championships.  But despite these accomplishments, Kobe was once a "quitter" in the playoffs.

The fact is, LeBron was a tremendous basketball player for the Cavs for seven years, taking them to their one and only Finals appearance in 2007, bringing them the best record two season in a row, as well as back-to-back league MVP awards. I'm sorry, but you can't achieve those accomplishments as a "quitter".The reality is all this "quitter" stuff came out only after he signed with the Heat.  Before that, Cleveland was making songs and videos begging "Please stay LeBron, Cleveland really needs you". So they needed a quitter?Hell no, because if LeBron stayed, no one would think he was a quitter. People are only calling him a "quitter" now because he's no longer a Cavs,which makes the accusation not only baseless, but dishonest. So by virtue of being a bigger "quitter" than LeBron James, is Kobe Bryant the biggest "quitter" in the NBA?  Ask yourself that the next time you want to accuse LeBron of "quitting" ," a despicable effort in Sports" and "throwing" the series.

and this would be MY top 10

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Bill Russell
Magic Johnson
Shaq
Larry Bird
Hakeem
Oscar Robertson
Moses Malone

Kobe would be maybe 12 or 13 imo.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

LOL yall so funny trying to make feel better...

it's not that kobe was "off"

it was dwade and bron who were shutting down kobe like no other...it was another game that made be confirm kobe is NO WHERE NEAR jordan. lmao feels good that i'm right again.

kobe isn't quick to get past by them, nor his moves aren't working at them while his fadeaways can't be accurate when lebron with his long arms going to bother his accuracy...

not to mention dwade with his quick hands to bother kobe's ball handling...can't even penetrate...what can he do? lol

while 35 years old jordan with his series of moves helped him score 44 pts during the last game @ msg

oh wait, we're not supposed to compare mj and kobe...

kobe looking like just another starting sg at ________.

That's why I can't stand L.A. fans comparing the 2,he's not even close to him.MJ played hard EVERY game,regular season and playoffs. He always wanted to outdo his peers no matter what situation. Kobe looks like he dgaf this season. He's not the greatest Laker,Magic > Kobe.
He's not even a top 10 player of all time imo,top 15 but not top 10.

And Bron > Kobe,it's been that way for a while.
Don't judge someone as a player by the number of rings they have,in that case: Robert Horry > MJ,Derek Fisher > D-Will and CP3
laugh.gif
Wow, settle down. Lebron may be better than Kobe, but Bryant has been one of 3 or 4 most productive players in the league this season. DGAF? Seriously?
No one with a brain compares MJ with Kobe, but I fail to see how not being as good as Jordan takes away from Kobe's achievements/legacy/etc.
And he is certainly top 10 all time, please lose the bias.
I may have a bias towards him (Celtic nd Heat fan) but I've got the utmost respect for what Kobe's done and he's an all time great no doubt but I've noticed that he looks like he doesn't care during the regular season. When he plays against contenders he's supposed to be more focused than ever about beating them but he takes it as just another game. I understand that you guys have won the last 2 titles and you don't really need to prove anything but at least show up each game. I'd have more respect for him if he went all out each and every night.

Could you post your top 10? Just curious.
You have a bias against him, not towards him. Plus you're a Celtics AND Heat fan? Wow. Sorry, I just can't take you seriously.
But the fact is, he does play hard every game. Just because he doesn't play well, doesn't mean he's giving no effort, and to suggest he is dogging it out there is quite frankly moronic. All his peers/opposing players/coaches have lauded him for going hard every game, but to your eye, he doesn't. How does that work?
laugh.gif
Talking about respect. Why don't you take a look at your boy Lebron's Game 5 last year, one of the most despicable efforts in sports history. Basically threw a winnable game/series, and blamed it on a phantom elbow injury that was never heard about again after they were eliminated.
And I'm not wasting my time thinking about a top 10, but suffice to say he'd be in the 8-10 range.
Trust me,I have reasons for both. I used to live and grew up in Boston when I was younger and went to their games when they were fairly good before the "big 3" with a young Paul Pierce,Antoine Walker,Tony Battie etc.Hence why I'm also a Red Sox and Pats fan. I also lived in South Florida (West Palm Beach,bout 45 mins from Miami) from '03-'06 and was a fan while I was there and went to the Championship Parade
Spoiler [+]
P1010075.jpg
. D-Wades been my fav player since he was drafted.

Now I suppose Bron's my boy since he plays for my team but I won't make any excuses for the way he left but to be honest,we outplayed the Cavs in every single way that series. I don't know weather the injury was fake or not because he was shooting one handed ft's since the 1st round. So if he was actually unhealthy I wouldn't put the blame directly on him but if not,I'll admit that he might've let up a little bit,but he still had 27 pts,19 rebounds and 10 assists which people forget about. What more could he have done by himself? the rest of his team didn't show up and you can't beat the Celtics with one man. Cavs fans lead you to believe that he quit since he left but he did all he could. I didn't think he quit before he joined my Heat and I still don't now that he has.

In comparison, Kobe had 23 pts, 15 rebounds and 2 assists on 6-24 shooting, and zero for 6 three-point shooting in Game 7 of the Finals against a weaker Celtics team without an injured Perk in the Finals.
The difference? The Lakers won because the rest of the team showed up. Gasol had 19 pts, 18 rebounds, 6-16 shooting, no 3 point attempts, and 7-13 free-throw shooting.

What did the Cavs have? Jamison's 5 points, 5 rebounds, 2-10 shooting, 0-3 three-pointers, and 1-2 free-throw shooting. Yea, Gasols, normally considered "soft", was even aggressively attacking the basket and was rewarded with ft's.  The Cavs just stood around waiting for LeBron to make plays. Let's not forget, it was Mo who didn't call a timeout and was dribbling out the clock the final minute of the game. Why does he get a free pass? And why didn't Mike Brown call a timeout in their last possessions?The reality is the whole Cavs team quit against the Celtics, except possibly LeBron who put up one of the best playoff lines ever in Cavs history. And the only reason why the Cavs were still in the game in the 4th quarter is because of LeBron.To put it into more perspective, Dwight Howard played much worse than LeBron in the Magic series against the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals. After Game 3, the Magic were down 0-3 while the Cavs were up 2-1. So did Dwight Howard quit? Why is he getting a free pass? Or better yet, why isn't Orlando accusing him of quitting?  Could it be because neither Howard or LeBron quit?

It's a double edged sword,you could say the same for Kobe back in'06 when the Lakers actually had a 3-1 series lead.
Despite scoring 50 pts in Game 6, they still lost which is when you saw people start calling Kobe a "ball-hog" and not trusting his teammates.  Kobe responded in Game 7 by putting up a total of 16 shots, including only 3 shots in the 2nd half, and scoring 1 point. The result was a 31 point blow-out loss to the Suns in Game 7. Yes, Kobe quit. That's a fact and everyone that watched that series except for the most in-denial Lakers fans remember this. So why isn't Kobe called out as a "quitter"?That's cause Kobe redeemed himself by winning the league MVP award and two back-to-back championships.  But despite these accomplishments, Kobe was once a "quitter" in the playoffs.

The fact is, LeBron was a tremendous basketball player for the Cavs for seven years, taking them to their one and only Finals appearance in 2007, bringing them the best record two season in a row, as well as back-to-back league MVP awards. I'm sorry, but you can't achieve those accomplishments as a "quitter".The reality is all this "quitter" stuff came out only after he signed with the Heat.  Before that, Cleveland was making songs and videos begging "Please stay LeBron, Cleveland really needs you". So they needed a quitter?Hell no, because if LeBron stayed, no one would think he was a quitter. People are only calling him a "quitter" now because he's no longer a Cavs,which makes the accusation not only baseless, but dishonest. So by virtue of being a bigger "quitter" than LeBron James, is Kobe Bryant the biggest "quitter" in the NBA?  Ask yourself that the next time you want to accuse LeBron of "quitting" ," a despicable effort in Sports" and "throwing" the series.

and this would be MY top 10

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Bill Russell
Magic Johnson
Shaq
Larry Bird
Hakeem
Oscar Robertson
Moses Malone

Kobe would be maybe 12 or 13 imo.

Yeah, great post.  Way to put everyone on TWO games.  Kobe' game 7, and Bron's game 6.  Simply brilliant. 

What about game 4 for Bron when he did NOTHING at all except sit on the opposite side of the court while the ball was passed around on the other side? 

And how about Kobe's game 5 when the rest of his cast "steppd up" and did nothing to the tune of Kobe scoring 38 and being so gassed, he told the other guys, you shoot, I can't do it, when he had scored the last 19 points, on exactly ZERO misses. 

But yeah, nice break down of TWO games, and not the whole body of work. 
eyes.gif

Yeah, great post.  Way to put everyone on TWO games.  Kobe' game 7, and Bron's game 6.  Simply brilliant. 

What about game 4 for Bron when he did NOTHING at all except sit on the opposite side of the court while the ball was passed around on the other side? 

And how about Kobe's game 5 when the rest of his cast "steppd up" and did nothing to the tune of Kobe scoring 38 and being so gassed, he told the other guys, you shoot, I can't do it, when he had scored the last 19 points, on exactly ZERO misses. 

eyes.gif

Bottom line is that you can't possibly call either of them "quitters",neither of them would be on the level they are on if they were "quitters".

Bottom line is that you can't possibly call either of them "quitters",neither of them would be on the level they are on if they were "quitters".

Originally Posted by CP1708

eyes.gif

kobe has quit in more games than lebron has

like in the 2004 playoffs when he wouldnt shoot the ball to prove a point to the media

Originally Posted by CP1708

eyes.gif

kobe has quit in more games than lebron has

like in the 2004 playoffs when he wouldnt shoot the ball to prove a point to the media

Back
Top Bottom