Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Lakers Christmas Game Thread (ABC 2:00 PM PST)

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

rashi wrote:

What? Have you been living in a barn the past week?

Orlando: 121 San Antonio: 101
Orlando: 86 Boston: 78

In back to back games, an oh by the way we have already beat the Heat as well a little over a month ago. How many of those teams had a winning record in that 14 game win streak?

I don't give a damn if those games are home, you think it's easy to beat the 2 best teams in the league one after another with new players? Like I told that other clown. !%@# OUTTA HERE.

POP tank that game man. He had the big three sit out mid 3rd. STAN VAN PANIC still had his starting five in when the SPURS BENCH was making a comeback.  
POP was also laughing with MANU mid 4th quarter.
laugh.gif

Rolaholic I got you man. Just asking.
glasses.gif

Shutup.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah, great post.  Way to put everyone on TWO games.  Kobe' game 7, and Bron's game 6.  Simply brilliant. 

What about game 4 for Bron when he did NOTHING at all except sit on the opposite side of the court while the ball was passed around on the other side? 

And how about Kobe's game 5 when the rest of his cast "steppd up" and did nothing to the tune of Kobe scoring 38 and being so gassed, he told the other guys, you shoot, I can't do it, when he had scored the last 19 points, on exactly ZERO misses. 

But yeah, nice break down of TWO games, and not the whole body of work. 
eyes.gif

kobe has quit in more games than lebron has

like in the 2004 playoffs when he wouldnt shoot the ball to prove a point to the media

Thats only 1 game. Can you please list more since you say hes quit more than Lebron? Im seriously curious
ur a laker fan and u don't even know? the series v. the suns for god sakes. 3-1 lead, not bothering to shoot in game 7? that suns team didn't even have amare

this

Yeah, great post.  Way to put everyone on TWO games.  Kobe' game 7, and Bron's game 6.  Simply brilliant. 

What about game 4 for Bron when he did NOTHING at all except sit on the opposite side of the court while the ball was passed around on the other side? 

And how about Kobe's game 5 when the rest of his cast "steppd up" and did nothing to the tune of Kobe scoring 38 and being so gassed, he told the other guys, you shoot, I can't do it, when he had scored the last 19 points, on exactly ZERO misses. 

eyes.gif

like in the 2004 playoffs when he wouldnt shoot the ball to prove a point to the media

Thats only 1 game. Can you please list more since you say hes quit more than Lebron? Im seriously curious
ur a laker fan and u don't even know? the series v. the suns for god sakes. 3-1 lead, not bothering to shoot in game 7? that suns team didn't even have amare

this

I mean Bron has a better damn opportunity when you have another superstar next to you and Bosh greatly outplayed Pau.

Bryant tried, but in all seriousness i'm not one to blame refs he had some instances where he was clearly fouled.

everyone was zoning in on Kobe

I mean Bron has a better damn opportunity when you have another superstar next to you and Bosh greatly outplayed Pau.

Bryant tried, but in all seriousness i'm not one to blame refs he had some instances where he was clearly fouled.

everyone was zoning in on Kobe

eyes.gif

this
You act like the Lakers starting line-up didn't consist of Kwame, Walton and Smush..
sick.gif

Another thing..Same old @$+@ when it comes to this type of threads .. CP talks then D riders goes back to their caves .. 
grin.gif

eyes.gif

this
You act like the Lakers starting line-up didn't consist of Kwame, Walton and Smush..
sick.gif

Another thing..Same old @$+@ when it comes to this type of threads .. CP talks then D riders goes back to their caves .. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

Originally Posted by devildog1776

I watched the game and I think the lakers intentionally didn't show up because their tired of playing Christmas games. Just their little way of sticking it to the League. IMO

yeah u right. it prolly doesnt matter to them that the signing of bosh and lbj didnt get to them to make them beat LA or that everytime kobe goes up against LBJ its a showdown ppl wanna see or the fact that it was a game both teams had something to prove or it was a game that LA had to bounce back on so yeah they didnt show up just cuz of one day out of the year, a day where MILLIONS and MILLIONS r watching

They are the reigning champs , so they have less to prove than Miami. These guys are multi millionaires who have family members and are subjected to perform on the nations biggest family holiday every yr for sterns revenue objectives. You hear it from these guys that they don't particularly care for the stage. It's a meaningless game , no big deal. I'm a knick fan btw

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

Originally Posted by devildog1776

I watched the game and I think the lakers intentionally didn't show up because their tired of playing Christmas games. Just their little way of sticking it to the League. IMO

yeah u right. it prolly doesnt matter to them that the signing of bosh and lbj didnt get to them to make them beat LA or that everytime kobe goes up against LBJ its a showdown ppl wanna see or the fact that it was a game both teams had something to prove or it was a game that LA had to bounce back on so yeah they didnt show up just cuz of one day out of the year, a day where MILLIONS and MILLIONS r watching

They are the reigning champs , so they have less to prove than Miami. These guys are multi millionaires who have family members and are subjected to perform on the nations biggest family holiday every yr for sterns revenue objectives. You hear it from these guys that they don't particularly care for the stage. It's a meaningless game , no big deal. I'm a knick fan btw

eyes.gif

Ok, so since you gys are going to sit behind your keyboards and type like you know things, I will walk you thru this.  Sit down and pay attention. 

7 game series.   Phil's game plan was to try and beat the Suns inside, spread the ball around, limit Kobe who had gone off on the league to the tune of 35 points a game for 80 games.

It was clear, and obvious, the Lakers wanted to SLOW DOWN THE SUNS attack.  For 4 games, it worked brilliantly.  Game 5 the Suns were not going to get beat at home, no big. 

Game 6 (without Raja Bell) was the big one.  LA HAD to win it at home as everyone knew they were not winning a game 7 on the road with Luke, Smush, and Kwame being starters in said game 7.  Please refer to these 3 STARTERS again when thinking about what it takes to win a game 7. 

The Lakers up 3 in game 6 need ONE stop.  ONE.  Shawn Marion is open in the corner, shoots......and MISSES, the Lakers have their stop, only, one problem, they don't clear the rebound, Tim Thomas, boom, tie game.  Kobe had 38 points at the time.  He gave everything he had to finish that series, but they could not get ONE single reboud to finish it. 

Kobe would score 12 in OT to get to 50 for the game, and the Suns still won going away.  Bottom line, they were more talented then the LA Lakers that year.  Phil gimmicked them to a 3-1 lead, they were a board away from winning the series, but again, they failed. 

Game 7, Phil tries to re-iterate the inside, slow it down approach.  Didn't matter, the Suns were in perfect rythym by now, they had the home crowd, Raja back, they had ALL of the momentum.  Kobe scores TWENTY THREE points in the first half on 8 of 13 shooting while the rest of the team added a whopping 22.  This included Kobe hitting 4 3's, from distances such as 30 feet, 25 feet, just seriously silly ranges trying to get the win on the road...........and the Suns led by 15. 
tired.gif

Kobe had 23 points at half, and they trailed by 15 points.  They did not have the talent the Suns did.  Not even close.  And yet they were ONE rebound away from winning the series. 
In the second half, again, Phil TRIED to get the Lakers to move the ball inside to pound the Suns inside.  The second half started with the Suns scoring again and again on the first 5 or 6 possesions, building their lead to 20 +.  What, would you have Kobe do?  You guys would feel better if Kobe had shot another 15 times in the half trailing by 20 + points?  You woulda given him a pass would ya?  Sure you would. 
laugh.gif

The Lakers were a 7 seed.  A team that had failed to make the playoffs the year before.  Playing the highest scoring team in the NBA with (again) Smush, Kwame, and Luke asked to match that sort of firepower. 

Lebron was on a team that had led the NBA in wins for 2 straight years, and had been in the playoffs for 5 straight years, including a trip to the finals.  And you guys consider this "equal levels of quit?" 
ohwell.gif
  Kobe had his team a board away from stealing the series, Bron was lookin up at the clock counting minutes until his impending free agency........as the #1 seed in the playoffs. 

I know, I know, quitting is quitting.  Sure.  As I have described, they are exactly the same levels, 1 a 1 seed, the other a 7 seed, one quit for 3 straight games, the other nailed a game winner in OT of game 4, after the game tying shot in the 4th qaurter, then had a 50 point playoff game mere inches away from stealing the series.  Then outscored his entire team in the first half of game 7 on the road.  But he "quit". 
laugh.gif

If you want to talk about quitting, thas fine, but stop talking about that series vs the Suns like it was the same as what Bron did last year. Not even close.   Anybody who ever listens to a @#$%^&* thing Buc says is a moron and should be fed with a spoon wearing a helmet at all times.  Buc doesn't know anything other then hate for Kobe as evidenced from his swinging from TMac's nuts to Bron's nuts like he was playing pitfall on Atari. 

eyes.gif

Ok, so since you gys are going to sit behind your keyboards and type like you know things, I will walk you thru this.  Sit down and pay attention. 

7 game series.   Phil's game plan was to try and beat the Suns inside, spread the ball around, limit Kobe who had gone off on the league to the tune of 35 points a game for 80 games.

It was clear, and obvious, the Lakers wanted to SLOW DOWN THE SUNS attack.  For 4 games, it worked brilliantly.  Game 5 the Suns were not going to get beat at home, no big. 

Game 6 (without Raja Bell) was the big one.  LA HAD to win it at home as everyone knew they were not winning a game 7 on the road with Luke, Smush, and Kwame being starters in said game 7.  Please refer to these 3 STARTERS again when thinking about what it takes to win a game 7. 

The Lakers up 3 in game 6 need ONE stop.  ONE.  Shawn Marion is open in the corner, shoots......and MISSES, the Lakers have their stop, only, one problem, they don't clear the rebound, Tim Thomas, boom, tie game.  Kobe had 38 points at the time.  He gave everything he had to finish that series, but they could not get ONE single reboud to finish it. 

Kobe would score 12 in OT to get to 50 for the game, and the Suns still won going away.  Bottom line, they were more talented then the LA Lakers that year.  Phil gimmicked them to a 3-1 lead, they were a board away from winning the series, but again, they failed. 

Game 7, Phil tries to re-iterate the inside, slow it down approach.  Didn't matter, the Suns were in perfect rythym by now, they had the home crowd, Raja back, they had ALL of the momentum.  Kobe scores TWENTY THREE points in the first half on 8 of 13 shooting while the rest of the team added a whopping 22.  This included Kobe hitting 4 3's, from distances such as 30 feet, 25 feet, just seriously silly ranges trying to get the win on the road...........and the Suns led by 15. 
tired.gif

Kobe had 23 points at half, and they trailed by 15 points.  They did not have the talent the Suns did.  Not even close.  And yet they were ONE rebound away from winning the series. 
In the second half, again, Phil TRIED to get the Lakers to move the ball inside to pound the Suns inside.  The second half started with the Suns scoring again and again on the first 5 or 6 possesions, building their lead to 20 +.  What, would you have Kobe do?  You guys would feel better if Kobe had shot another 15 times in the half trailing by 20 + points?  You woulda given him a pass would ya?  Sure you would. 
laugh.gif

The Lakers were a 7 seed.  A team that had failed to make the playoffs the year before.  Playing the highest scoring team in the NBA with (again) Smush, Kwame, and Luke asked to match that sort of firepower. 

Lebron was on a team that had led the NBA in wins for 2 straight years, and had been in the playoffs for 5 straight years, including a trip to the finals.  And you guys consider this "equal levels of quit?" 
ohwell.gif
  Kobe had his team a board away from stealing the series, Bron was lookin up at the clock counting minutes until his impending free agency........as the #1 seed in the playoffs. 

I know, I know, quitting is quitting.  Sure.  As I have described, they are exactly the same levels, 1 a 1 seed, the other a 7 seed, one quit for 3 straight games, the other nailed a game winner in OT of game 4, after the game tying shot in the 4th qaurter, then had a 50 point playoff game mere inches away from stealing the series.  Then outscored his entire team in the first half of game 7 on the road.  But he "quit". 
laugh.gif

If you want to talk about quitting, thas fine, but stop talking about that series vs the Suns like it was the same as what Bron did last year. Not even close.   Anybody who ever listens to a @#$%^&* thing Buc says is a moron and should be fed with a spoon wearing a helmet at all times.  Buc doesn't know anything other then hate for Kobe as evidenced from his swinging from TMac's nuts to Bron's nuts like he was playing pitfall on Atari. 

Kobe is mad . He will go ham on the Spurs on Tuesday watch
pimp.gif
. I respect Miami now though. They are really good whenever Lebron is the go to guy and Wade play the pick and roll

Kobe is mad . He will go ham on the Spurs on Tuesday watch
pimp.gif
. I respect Miami now though. They are really good whenever Lebron is the go to guy and Wade play the pick and roll

eyes.gif

this
Thats one game that u already mention... Mention another game and yes i know about that game.

eyes.gif

this
Thats one game that u already mention... Mention another game and yes i know about that game.

I've always said Lebron > Kobe. Only thing Kobe has over Bron is a slightly better mid range game and killer instinct which it seems this year that Lebron has been showing signs of monster intensity when facing competition (LA, Cavs & NY)
You put the Cavs in the West they would have consistently made the Conference finals. Bron took his team to the finals by his damn self. Kobe always needed help yall forget he was headed to the Clippers/Chicago before they acquired Gasol and now this fool has 3 damn big men in the conference of none. 

O and lets not bring up Lakers record without Kobe to Cavs record without Bron. Theres a reason Kobe only has 1* MVP trophy

*ends rant*

I've always said Lebron > Kobe. Only thing Kobe has over Bron is a slightly better mid range game and killer instinct which it seems this year that Lebron has been showing signs of monster intensity when facing competition (LA, Cavs & NY)
You put the Cavs in the West they would have consistently made the Conference finals. Bron took his team to the finals by his damn self. Kobe always needed help yall forget he was headed to the Clippers/Chicago before they acquired Gasol and now this fool has 3 damn big men in the conference of none. 

O and lets not bring up Lakers record without Kobe to Cavs record without Bron. Theres a reason Kobe only has 1* MVP trophy

*ends rant*

Originally Posted by cartune

*ends rant*
You forgot that Lebron play on the incompetent East conference where you can make the playoff with 35 wins while Kobe play on the WEST ! Big difference
 Rant stay open

Originally Posted by cartune

*ends rant*
You forgot that Lebron play on the incompetent East conference where you can make the playoff with 35 wins while Kobe play on the WEST ! Big difference
 Rant stay open

rashi wrote:

In back to back games, an oh by the way we have already beat the Heat as well a little over a month ago. How many of those teams had a winning record in that 14 game win streak?

I don't give a damn if those games are home, you think it's easy to beat the 2 best teams in the league one after another with new players? Like I told that other clown. !%@# OUTTA HERE.

POP tank that game man. He had the big three sit out mid 3rd. STAN VAN PANIC still had his starting five in when the SPURS BENCH was making a comeback.  
laugh.gif

glasses.gif

Yea, u right. Once your big three sat out, it was a 16 point game. But, your bench cut the lead from 20 to 16 and we panicked. Good description, Champ...lol

rashi wrote:

laugh.gif

glasses.gif

Yea, u right. Once your big three sat out, it was a 16 point game. But, your bench cut the lead from 20 to 16 and we panicked. Good description, Champ...lol

Back
Top Bottom