Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

I need Prince to open up the BET Awards with Dirty Diana, just goin ham with the riffs....that'd be so ill for me...

bdr39f.jpg
Man I wanted to get down there so bad, they supposed to be doing a candle light vigil down there today i heard...I gotta be the only _ in the D tohave never actually been to Hittsville
smh.gif

On my play list right now top 10 (not in any order):

1. Rock with you
2. Off the wall
3. Billie Jean
4. I just can't stop loving you
5. PYT (pretty young thing)
6. Smooth Criminal
7. You rock my world
8. Beat it
9. Bad
10. Do you remember the times

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

MTV is absolutely killing it right now. While BET is just showing music videos, MTV is showing all these videos and footage that hasn't been aired in years. Him winning his grammy's, spending time with Bubbles, and some other clips Ive never seen before.

MTV you have just made up for the past decade or so.
Man come monday the lame vidoes they are going to show are going to be nothing to the ones they showing now.
laugh.gif

MJ had mini movies. I remember all these skits man... its like a huge flashback....
wink.gif

Such a shocker yesterday to hear about his passing. This is probably one of the only artist that everyone in my family liked. Just a side note. I rememberbeing in the 5th grade back in 92. I was told I would be punished if I didn't pass math.

I failed math on my report card and tried to change my grade by crossing out the F and putting a checking next to the B. I didn't have whiteout, so I wasjust like eff it. Just so I could watch the premiere of Remember the time that night. It didn't work. I was ground for like two weeks with no video games.But it was worth a shot that video is.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He will never be forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/v/5_n7cftdkl0&hl=en&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/5_n7cftdkl0&hl=en&fs=1&

Originally Posted by marlsj

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

349762e.png

2u8gih4.png

Damn.
eek.gif
I knew this would happen. its good because more people are experiencing his music but it makes me mad that they are only doing it now, that ittakes something this tragic for people to open their eyes and realize the unparalleled talent this man had. People who only know a couple songs and really haveno clue about him pretend they are truly affected when a couple months/ years from now, he will just be another artist to them.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

I need Prince to open up the BET Awards with Dirty Diana, just goin ham with the riffs....that'd be so ill for me...

bdr39f.jpg
Man I wanted to get down there so bad, they supposed to be doing a candle light vigil down there today i heard...I gotta be the only _ in the D to have never actually been to Hittsville
smh.gif

Bet that up I'll be there on Wednesday I'm still in Saint Louis now getting ready for this deployment Off the wall
pimp.gif
> all his other albums

Originally Posted by kmn2008

I knew this would happen. its good because more people are experiencing his music but it makes me mad that they are only doing it now, that it takes something this tragic for people to open their eyes and realize the unparalleled talent this man had. People who only know a couple songs and really have no clue about him pretend they are truly affected when a couple months/ years from now, he will just be another artist to them.
qft
smh.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

yeah this dr is sketchy

If only people paid this much attention and invested this much energy into following things that actually mattered this country would be a whole lot better.
laugh.gif
And what are you investing your energy into? You're on NIKETALK.
indifferent.gif

Your reply doesn't make sense.

The Last Mohicans.........
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

RIP MJ "people never get the flowers while they can still smell em" -Ye

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Here is an article from Deepak's son who was also close to Michael. This made me laugh and tear up.

[h1]Writing Songs With My Friend, Mike[/h1]
By gotham.chopra

Created 06/26/2009 - 01:35

When I was in my second year of college living on campus (at Columbia in NYC) with 4 suite mates, every time the phone rang, there was a race to answer it. Everyone wanted to be the guy to hear the "hello" on the other side just in case it was my friend Michael Jackson calling.

Most of those days, Michael was holed up on top of the Four Seasons, roughly 60 blocks away from where I lived on the upper Westside of Manhattan just near Harlem. I'd happily drift downtown, gain clearance from security downstairs who knew I was allowed free access to Michael's suite, take the elevator all the way up and start ordering room service and watch movies on Mike's tab. Eventually, Michael and I would get down to work. He was working on a new album and asked me to help him write lyrics for songs. It was an informal relationship - I'd wander downtown with a backpack full of dictionaries, and thesauri, and rhyming books. Michael would hum songs and talk about what he wanted to say with the song and we'd try and marry our skillsets and come up with something. We came up with great stuff. Michael swore me to secrecy those days. I happily complied.

After we were done with those sessions - they'd usually go until about 2 AM or so - Michael would wander into the bathroom and come out with a sack he'd pulled out from under the toilet. In it, he kept several thousands of dollars. He'd ask me how much I wanted. I just sort of shrugged and he'd hand me a couple of thousand dollars. Soon, I'd be packing my dictionaries and thesauri and rhyming books in my backpack, calling my friends and telling them to meet me downtown. Within an hour, we'd be at Flashdancers "making it rain."

Michael was always envious when I told him about my adventures with my friends. More than a few times, he'd get dressed up - dawning some sort of quasi-disguise - preparing to go with me, only to back down at the last minute or be held back by his security who would shake their heads and plainly say no to his misguided ambitions. Instead, he'd pour himself a tall glass of orange juice and settle in for the night to watch an old movie on TV, telling me to spend a few extra bucks for him. I happily complied.

My friendship with Michael was very special to me, and I like to think it was the same for him. Over the last few years, it always felt awkward to explain the origins of our friendship - that I met him initially when I was fifteen-years-old and that we instantly hit it off. I'd spend days at his Neverland Ranch, my sister, cousins, or other friends joining us in fantastical stretches filled with candy, arcade rides, late night movies and the absolute best chocolate chip cookies of all times. Likewise he'd visit our house in Massachusetts (he was very close to my father as well) where he'd sleep in the guest room. My mom got a great kick out of the fact that every morning Michael stayed, he'd try to make the bed (very badly) and offer to cook breakfast (very badly). Then when I was about 17, Michael invited me on the road with him - he was heading out to Europe on the biggest rock concert at the time (Dangerous tour) and wanted company. I begged and pleaded with my parents to let me go and they eventually said yes. Not a bad way to spend your summer vacation between junior and senior year of Highschool.

Over the years, as Michael faced his scandals, I often reflected on my own experiences with him as a teenager. People would ask me if I had endured anything strange or awkward with him. I'd answer truthfully that in all of my years with him, in every single moment, Michael was nothing but dignified and appropriate, never once doing anything that would be deemed scandalous with me. It was really that simple.

Check that. Back to those college days. One night he did call me in a panic. He had just gotten married to Lisa Marie Presley and needed advice - sex advice. He was incredibly nervous and said that he wanted to make sure that Lisa was impressed with his "moves." He asked me if I had any advice. I answered with one word: "foreplay."

"Really?" He answered. "Girls really like that?"

Over the last few years, Michael's and my relationship evolved and matured greatly too. We both became fathers and that was the centerpiece of our most recent conversations the last few months. Returning the favor from my days as his "lyrical advisor," he's the one who monikered my half-Indian, half-Chinese son "The Chindian" which little Krishu Chen Xing Hua Chopra will now forever go by. We'd talk about how great it would be for our kids to grow up together, become as good friends as us, and set the world on fire. Michael admired the fact that I was able to find a wife, keep a wife, and gain her trust. I'd joke it was all about the foreplay! When his daughter Paris befell an accident a few years ago, he called my wife Candice (a physician) pleading for us to come to his house to check her out.

We did - Paris had fallen from a tree and cut herself deeply beneath the eye. Michael was devastated and confessed to me that he felt like the world's worst father. I calmed him as Candice helped Paris get up from the bed where she lay so we could take her to the Emergency room to get some simple stitches. When I advised Michael of the plan, he pulled me into the bathroom, pulled a sack filled with thousands of dollars from beneath the toilet and asked me how much I needed for the Emergency room.

I shook my head: "this one's on me."

RIP in peace my friend.

Gotham Chopra
Thanks for posting that. I needed my mood lightened a little.

Check that. Back to those college days. One night he did call me in a panic. He had just gotten married to Lisa Marie Presley and needed advice - sex advice. He was incredibly nervous and said that he wanted to make sure that Lisa was impressed with his "moves." He asked me if I had any advice. I answered with one word: "foreplay."

laugh.gif
damn... i always assumed MJ was smashing left and right when he was in his Thriller days.

Originally Posted by aveezytheBEAST

Damn i finally got on nt today. RIP to the greatest of all time. I feel like a piece of my child hood is missing

word. I mean, I am only 18 but I heard my first mj song very young.
I saw smooth criminal on my older cousins video tape of "moonwalker" from '88 and have been a fan ever since.
I mean, I was in grade school when I got a computer. I would literally stay up ALL night downloading MJ videos and concerts and would learn the dances to everyone.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

laugh.gif
damn... i always assumed MJ was smashing left and right when he was in his Thriller days.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good story

I thought MJ was getting major poon too

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Originally Posted by marlsj

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

349762e.png

2u8gih4.png

Damn.
eek.gif
I knew this would happen. its good because more people are experiencing his music but it makes me mad that they are only doing it now, that it takes something this tragic for people to open their eyes and realize the unparalleled talent this man had. People who only know a couple songs and really have no clue about him pretend they are truly affected when a couple months/ years from now, he will just be another artist to them.

Ehh. this always happens.
smh.gif

But dam its been all over the news and radio. All over the world.

I remember me and my friends from school trying to imitate his moves back when I was young. Anybody raised in the 80's and early to mid 90'sknows whats up.

I feel bad for him in a way though idk why.

Originally Posted by GTEK

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by GTEK

The Last Mohicans.........
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

RIP MJ "people never get the flowers while they can still smell em" -Ye
stevie.gif

Cant believe I left out Stevie. That was a sin.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

shame on you lol
man i am hurt
it just finally hit me and i shedded tears
i know this has been said before but ther will NEVER BE ANOTHER
im so sad he didnt get to release his new album
frown.gif

he was practing for a tour in a couuple of weeks
frown.gif

man live on in heaven M.J
R.I.P

The most ignorant comment about MJ goes to...dude on my FB. same person, both comments...[NOT MY COMMENTS]

..."is mad people acting like mike jackson wasnt crazy as @#@!! he thought he was white, liked lil kids, faked marriages to be normal and had the mind ofa 15 yr old.. or is there another king of pop everybody keeps cryin over p.s. if you not a true fan of his music den whats the big deal.. (grabbin my nuts)sowhooo--ooo dat!"

...all yall can be mad! yall picked at the man all the time now hes so holy..eat a texas pete flavored *%!* ...yall +*!#!# just know the songs dat came onmtv...lame $+@#@ never been to a concert or nuttn.. now if gucci dies ill be concerned cuzz i been down since.. traphouse and brickman!

All legends. Did anyone else goto Summer Jam 2001? I was just rocking the tee today from the show. When Jay-z brought out MJ it was the loudest screams andnoises I have ever heard in my life. I remember ringing in my ears for like 2 days after.

SMH at the fact I never saw a performance live. I just thought there was more time. But it's cool that I did get to see him even if it was just for amoment.

It hit me kinda hard this morning. Never even met the guy, but it's almost like he's family to me in a weird way, being that i've been followinghis music since i was about 4. I even shed a few tears. It's really good to hear his music on the radio and see his videos on tv again. Feels like it's'89 all over again lol (MJ owns MTV/MTV owes MJ, imo). What gets me is seeing the some of the same mofo's on tv who were throwing stones at the manjust a few yrs. back now showering him with all this praise and insincere condolences. Aside from that, I'm wishing he gets the respect he rightfullydeserves now. All the b.s. that's been written about the guy held no merit in the past and it shouldn't now. R. I. P. The King. Condolences to hisentire family, especially his 3 kids.

Back
Top Bottom