Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Pics of dude rehearsing for his new tour shortly before his death ...
frown.gif
MJ looked so ready
59f25b7ef23882eaf863c864b6605c45d30a8fa.jpg
91e158e43723fe3357e8006ecd84085b8e20a4b.jpg
yeah, i'm pretty sure he was putting his all into this next tour and would proving wrong the non-believers that he does still got it.

his trainer, lou ferrigno, was on larry king tonight and said mike was in as good of shape as he was many, many years ago...

- Smokey1212: Thanks for the wallpaper man. I was looking for something like that.
pimp.gif

I know this is off subject, but it's a good laugh.

It must be hard for that dude Chris Tucker yo. He was one of Michael Jackson's best friend.

in some pictures and interviews, you can see michael taped the tips of a few fingers on his right hand, does anyone know why? just curious

frown.gif
RIP

surfin youtube and saw jay lamont doin a little MJ...check the Human Nature beatbox...won't let me embed..

heres the link:

on another note..does anybody know if there was a rivalry between Prince and MJ? i've never heard Prince say anything in regards to him. I'd love tohear his reaction to his death, just to see how things were between them two. I mean they were both huge in the 80's around the same time.

Originally Posted by jd2384

frown.gif
RIP

surfin youtube and saw jay lamont doin a little MJ...check the Human Nature beatbox...won't let me embed..

heres the link:

on another note..does anybody know if there was a rivalry between Prince and MJ? i've never heard Prince say anything in regards to him. I'd love to hear his reaction to his death, just to see how things were between them two. I mean they were both huge in the 80's around the same time.

Prince rarely spoke about MJ. he did here in 2000 and seemed to have respect for him:

its strange that they never worked together, but i think they just had artistic differences.

Prince said Quincy Jones and Michael approached him about getting on the song 'Bad'. they wanted it to be a duet with the two of them going back andforth. but when Prince heard the first line that he was supposed to sing ("your butt is miiiine") he was like "He sure as hell ain't singingthat to ME!" and declined
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Prince said Quincy Jones and Michael approached him about getting on the song 'Bad'. they wanted it to be a duet with the two of them going back and forth. but when Prince heard the first line that he was supposed to sing ("your butt is miiiine") he was like "He sure as hell ain't singing that to ME!" and declined
laugh.gif
roll.gif
That duet would have been ill though
pimp.gif

DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:

They need to release this on blue ray. He ate up Usher like he stole something.
laugh.gif

But for reals though, RIP to my man who inspired me in the deepest way. God sent Mike here to do one thing and one thing only...to change the world in the waysthat he did.
I obviously don't know MJ personally, but for whatever reason I feel like I do. His passing feels like a brother or a best friend that impacts your life ineveryway everyday being�suddenly taken away.

Hopefully I will see him again someday along with other loved ones. Gotta get my life right though word to man in the mirror

RIP Mike�

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

in some pictures and interviews, you can see michael taped the tips of a few fingers on his right hand, does anyone know why? just curious

He began wearing tape on his fingers due to a disease he had called Vitiligo which causes skin tone to change, and when he was first diagnosed with thisdisorder, the skin on his fingers and arms lost pigment. They started saying he always wore long sleeved garments and tape on his fingers to hide his loss ofpigment. Over the years, when he started touring they said he would see people all over wearing the tape on the fingers so he stuck with it and turned it intoa fashion statement and he continued to wear it even after the disease was under control..

@Jd2384- it's funny that you asked that because I was just having this same conversation with some old heads at work..but people always said there was abitter rivalry between the two..Santana actually wanted to record a song with them both but it never happened..some say it was because Prince and MJcouldn't/ and or wouldn't work together..some say it was never anything more then Santana just saying he wanted to work with the two..who knows..peoplealso said MJ never really liked the fact that people were comparing them to eachother..but like I said..that's just what people were saying..But I tend tobelieve it being that Prince is really the only iconic figure that hasn't released a statement yet regarding MJ's passing..I've searched ALL overthe place and I can't find a thing..if anyone can please post so we can all read and see what he has to say..

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Prince said Quincy Jones and Michael approached him about getting on the song 'Bad'. they wanted it to be a duet with the two of them going back and forth. but when Prince heard the first line that he was supposed to sing ("your butt is miiiine") he was like "He sure as hell ain't singing that to ME!" and declined
laugh.gif
roll.gif
That duet would have been ill though
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. but yea that prince interview is when he's being asked about MJ's legal troubles, told em "maybe we need to chill with that". iwould have loved to see a duet though. sad to say that'll never happen now
tired.gif

edit: @ youngswag...yeah, i've been lookin everywhere for an article or some sort of video with Prince's reaction. can't find *#%@. i curious toknow what he's thinking.

apparently the post is saying that he has a treasure trove of unreleased songs for his children that weren't supposed to be released until his death.

I heard the same..they also said he has a catalog that's worth more then $2 billion ..it has songs from the Beatles, Neil Diamond, the JonasBrothers and a few other people that most of don't listen to..

here's one on the both of them on mtvnews..pretty intersesting read.....even says MJ had been to Paisley Park shootin hoops and playin ping pong withPrince
laugh.gif

Michael Jackson Vs. Prince: The Forgotten Rivalry

Published by Kyle Anderson on Monday, June 29, 2009 at 1:40 pm.

281x211.jpg

As the numerous celebrity tributes and historical documents have proven, a lot of people loved Michael Jackson. And even though plenty of people in the media attacked him, Jackson never really had any formal rivals or nemeses, mostly because Jackson was on a much higher plane than most any other contemporary star. But Jackson did have one notable rival in the 1980s: Prince.

It made sense that the two would be put head-to-head, as there were a number of similarities between the two. Both men split the difference between funk, R&B and disco in their music. Both dominated the album charts for months at time (Jackson with Thriller, Prince with Purple Rain). Later, both would become known for reclusiveness and retreat to private compounds (Neverland for Jackson, Paisley Park for Prince), both would raise a lot of questions about their personal lives (Jackson's legal trouble, Prince's religious fervor) and both had issues with their record labels (Jackson accused Sony chief Tommy Mottola of being a racist, while Prince spent years trying to protract himself from his Warner Bros. contract).

But did Jackson and Prince really dislike each other? The evidence suggests that the rivalry was for real, if not a bit one-sided. On his 2004 album Musicology, Prince had a lyric that went, "My voice is getting higher/And Eye ain't never had my nose done/That's the other guy." He also ducked out of the Jackson-helmed "We Are The World" sessions (though he did end up donating a song to the benefit album). However, recent interviews with former Prince band members reveal a more genial side. "They'd shoot hoops at Paisley Park," longtime Prince drummer Bobby Z told the Star-Tribune. Prince had a deep-seeded competitive nature, so it's easy to see where he would measure himself against Jackson's success. Engineer David Z told a story about Prince's attempt to play ping-pong with Jackson. "Michael drops his paddle and holds his hands up in front of his face so the ball won't hit him. Michael walks out with his bodyguard, and Prince starts strutting around like a rooster. 'Did you see that? He played like Helen Keller.'"

Jackson didn't seem to go on record about Prince - in fact, he rarely had a negative word for anybody. Today it's almost logical for two huge stars to go head-to-head (Jay-Z and Nas, 50 Cent and Kanye West), but it's doubtful we'll ever see two huge rivals like Jackson and Prince again.

jd2384 wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man, do not listen to "Who's Loving You" unless you really feel like crying. I was listening to it and completely got lost in the lyrics and thesmoothness of his voice. It's like Mike was sending me a message while I was listening. "Life without love/Is ooo so lonely/I don't think, Idon't thiiiiiink/I'm gonna maaaake iiiiit/"
frown.gif
Thank you lord for giving that man the talent to touch so many people

Back
Top Bottom