Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

You guys are all nuts. Im with DOWNTOWN in that I respect everything the man gave to the entertainment world, as well as to those in need. But he is nowhere near the level of MLK and Obama when it comes to helping others. Those guys devoted their lives to helping others, Jackson did it because he was giving back to society. It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life.

and another thing I wanted to say earlier...in that American Icons thread. How many of yall wouldve put Jackson as a top 5 American Icon say...last week? If you asked 10 people about Michael Jackson last week, 8/10 would've only said negative things about the dude.

I love his music, I will ALWAYS love his music, and that's enough for me to appreciate him and celebrate his life. His heart might've been strong, but his music was more powerful.

Hold up..let me start by saying if it wasn't for MLK..there would be no Barack Obama so you can't even put those 2 in the same sentence..MJ'slegacy goes back 30+ yrs..Obamas legacy hasn't even begun..MJ was sitting at the round table with political leaders from around the world discussing globalissues and receiving awards for his work before Obama was even thought of..and no I don't consider MJ a "American Icon"..Elvis can have thatlabel..I consider MJ a "GLOBAL ICON" because his body of works extends well BEYOND the US..he is known in every single corner of the earth..Also yousay "It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life" as if to say "so what..who hasn't donated more then$400 million to charity..that's no big deal"..Most people won't even give a $1 to a homeless person on the street let alone $400 million..I justcan't believe some of you are really minimizing everything this man has done for the world..it's truely sad..
I am in total shock that some of you are really down playing MJ's body of work..

Originally Posted by youngswag31

You guys are all nuts. Im with DOWNTOWN in that I respect everything the man gave to the entertainment world, as well as to those in need. But he is nowhere near the level of MLK and Obama when it comes to helping others. Those guys devoted their lives to helping others, Jackson did it because he was giving back to society. It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life.

and another thing I wanted to say earlier...in that American Icons thread. How many of yall wouldve put Jackson as a top 5 American Icon say...last week? If you asked 10 people about Michael Jackson last week, 8/10 would've only said negative things about the dude.

I love his music, I will ALWAYS love his music, and that's enough for me to appreciate him and celebrate his life. His heart might've been strong, but his music was more powerful.

Hold up..let me start by saying if it wasn't for MLK..there would be no Barack Obama so you can't even put those 2 in the same sentence..MJ's legacy goes back 30+ yrs..Obamas legacy hasn't even begun..MJ was sitting at the round table with political leaders from around the world discussing global issues and receiving awards for his work before Obama was even thought of..and no I don't consider MJ a "American Icon"..Elvis can have that label..I consider MJ a "GLOBAL ICON" because his body of works extends well BEYOND the US..he is known in every single corner of the earth..Also you say "It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life" as if to say "so what..who hasn't donated more then $400 million to charity..that's no big deal"..Most people won't even give a $1 to a homeless person on the street let alone $400 million..I just can't believe some of you are really minimizing everything this man has done for the world..it's truely sad..
I am in total shock that some of you are really down playing MJ's body of work..

QFT
pimp.gif
MJ was amazing. Period.

I take that back, thats not even Summer Jam, thats some other ****....Ive seen free concerts thrown at Hart Plaza from Omarion/Lil Scrappy/TheRoc/B.G/Wu-Tang/etc & And-1 Games that wasnt that deep.

and it still hasnt set in that he's gone for me, and I dont think it ever will. His music is the soundtrack to modern world culture, especially where Imfrom. Dont think never truly feel gone to me.

Has Stevie spoken on this yet?

I knew those recent pics would show up.

Does anyone else want official releases for the Victory Tour and the Bad Tour? I mean, they can clean up the film and DVD/BluRay them. I have one of the manybootleg copies of the Bad Tour, but that @%+ is kinda bad, no pun intended.

25b1574579ae8465e4a8c52e0261019a5822251_t.gif
ef435ebf4bf2721aa00b87ec648d9873537f485_t.gif
60c35ecb49be79ccacfd8bb56cbc106915e1865_t.gif
03a358b04ff47020ad5a8b6769a84878c54674e_t.gif
67e25b64b4727ad08256e9c449d278c831c7b4a_t.gif

Ezboard...
ba7359e9417f7f9fa8a38e2e6fe763d8907df63_t.gif

And I know I'm missing 2 other avys from Ezboard (one being the beginning of Moonwalker when he spins and the glitter comes out and the other from"Can You Feel It")

I've used a bunch of MJ avys for as long as I can remember. I'm happy to see all of the MJ love on NT with all of the avys...even if I was supposedlythe first to do it on here. I love Mike and he deserves to receive all of the love himself. Y'all can use whatever I posted.

It's eerie to look at this avy that I have now...with the wings extending from Mike. Live in the sky, MJ.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

I take that back, thats not even Summer Jam, thats some other ****....Ive seen free concerts thrown at Hart Plaza from Omarion/Lil Scrappy/The Roc/B.G/Wu-Tang/etc & And-1 Games that wasnt that deep.

and it still hasnt set in that he's gone for me, and I dont think it ever will. His music is the soundtrack to modern world culture, especially where Im from. Dont think never truly feel gone to me.

[color= rgb(102, 102, 102)]Has Stevie spoken on this yet?[/color]
swear I was thinking this....cuz I know he and Mike go way back. Just looked it up on google and this is an article I found posted today:

Decider missed the Stevie Wonder concert last night at Summerfest, and boy, are we sorry. Not because it sounds like it was a great show, but because it was a bit of a grief-fueled trainwreck. According to a review in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wonder's concert was essentially a tribute to his late friend Michael Jackson, and the soul legend apparently had trouble keeping it together at times. At one point "Wonder slumped over at his keyboard" and "it was hard to tell what was happening," reviewer Dave Tianen writes. "Was he ill? Was he sobbing? Even the band seemed confused and unsure of what to do." At OnMilwaukee.com, Bobby Tanzilo calls portions of the concert "downright weird," particularly the parts with "pre-recorded Jackson hits that played through the P.A. as Wonder and the band stood listening on stage." Yes, that definitely is weird.
Wonder's behavior, however, illustrates something that's been forgotten in the days since Jackson's death: Along with all the adulation-and mocking-that's been going on, it seems the man had actual friends who cared deeply about him. While the rest of us are trying to reconcile all the great music Jackson made with all the horribly disturbing aspects of his private life, there are people like Stevie Wonder who are grappling with the loss of a loved one. And if anyone has earned the right to lose his @*!% on stage, it's Stevie.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

yo celebs give to charities all the time, it helps them with tax breaks and *!#!, athletes too

im not saying he was a horrible person or anything, but making him out to be Mother Theresa is just OD im sorry.
Have you heard of the "Heal The World" foundation you stupid prick?
yo, my man, did you seriously just call me a stupid prick? I know about the Heal the World foundation bro, im sure Michael Jackson was at every meeting they had.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

This is the pay respects to MJ thread so im not gonna go too far off the path, but don't you think Obama is inspiring hope in young people (black, white, whatever) all over the country? I see him as a fresh face in the business of LEADING THE WORLD. Yes, he's the US president, but he is a world leader, a uniter, from his days way way back. The guy was born to lead people, and he has done so up to becoming the President of the United States. He is an inspiration, an American icon in every sense.

Michael Jackson sings songs. He does the moonwalk. I'm not trying to diminish Jackson's career, im just putting it in perspective - trying to prove a point.

see this is what im talking about ... so obama is leading the world now? people are mocking and laughing at him left and right right ... dude gave him a book about communism and straight up laughed in his face ... born to lead people?
laugh.gif
ill leave on this, obama has done NOTHING for this country except fabricate a dream for black people ... he is nothing but the first black president ... from a political standpoint, HA ... from a racial standpoint, how much easier do black people have it now? im done in this thread about obama ...

people not giving michael enough credit ... a genuinely nice person who loved people ...

people give him TOO much credit in this thread thats all im saying, he wasnt no damn philanthropist. And yea I believe he was born to lead...he was a community activist all his life and fought for civil and social issues. It's what he does, he leads people, its obvious by how successful his campaign was.
HE WAS THE DEFINITION OF PHILANTHROPIST

STOP POSTING. You are wrong, just admit it and move on. There's a reason at least 10 people are calling you amoron.

if only people had spoken up sooner. the man was so misunderstood and lonely and the saddest part is he had to die for people to remember how much they lovedhim and to properly recognize him for his countless contributions to the world. i re-watched Bashir's "Living With Michael Jackson" documentaryon youtube today, and i actually cried. i never thought i would take his death so hard. RIP MJ

TrillipinoTrapstar wrote:
haha remember MJ on Ready 2 Rumble Boxing round 2?

yep
he was my main.He had some quick punches and�one of his taunts was the smooth criminal lean
pimp.gif

i�saw the thread about what mj would look like if he didnt have a skin condition or surgery and it made me wanna play this
i was playing this like 3 hours before he passed
frown.gif

ready to rumble was greatly appreciated but the new one sucks�monkey balls
laugh.gif

��

Originally Posted by youngswag31

Hold up..let me start by saying if it wasn't for MLK..there would be no Barack Obama so you can't even put those 2 in the same sentence..MJ's legacy goes back 30+ yrs..Obamas legacy hasn't even begun..MJ was sitting at the round table with political leaders from around the world discussing global issues and receiving awards for his work before Obama was even thought of..and no I don't consider MJ a "American Icon"..Elvis can have that label..I consider MJ a "GLOBAL ICON" because his body of works extends well BEYOND the US..he is known in every single corner of the earth..Also you say "It is very easy to help all your fans when you earn 100 mil a year your whole life" as if to say "so what..who hasn't donated more then $400 million to charity..that's no big deal"..Most people won't even give a $1 to a homeless person on the street let alone $400 million..I just can't believe some of you are really minimizing everything this man has done for the world..it's truely sad..
well put sir
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dunks87

if only people had spoken up sooner. the man was so misunderstood and lonely and the saddest part is he had to die for people to remember how much they loved him and to properly recognize him for his countless contributions to the world. i re-watched Bashir's "Living With Michael Jackson" documentary on youtube today, and i actually cried. i never thought i would take his death so hard. RIP MJ
Thanks for the shirt. Not trying to be funny or anything either...

I knew you were a big fan...and vice versa.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Mooly, here go the Vigil from the other day...

eek.gif
shh look like a Summer Jam tho....
mind you this was in Detroit, and thats a crazy +%% crowd
eek.gif
imstill mad i didnt go, f my brother and friend for not wanting to go
mad.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by dunks87

if only people had spoken up sooner. the man was so misunderstood and lonely and the saddest part is he had to die for people to remember how much they loved him and to properly recognize him for his countless contributions to the world. i re-watched Bashir's "Living With Michael Jackson" documentary on youtube today, and i actually cried. i never thought i would take his death so hard. RIP MJ
Thanks for the shirt. Not trying to be funny or anything either...

I knew you were a big fan...and vice versa.

you're welcome. i guess wearing my "Free Micheal" shirt is inappropriate now.
frown.gif

damn
tired.gif

hope video of that is upped.....

God Bless Stevie & Ali...about the only other two true OG legends we got left...
frown.gif

It's just been too hard to even listen to his music...let alone wear a shirt bearing his name or face.

It'll take me some time. I cried like a baby listening to SWV - Right Here (Remix) with Mike...

Don't feel bad mister..I broke down last night when Jamie Foxx and Ne-Yo performed "I'll be there" at the BET awards and today when Ilistened to "Human Nature"..this is something that's going to take time to come to terms with..

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

25b1574579ae8465e4a8c52e0261019a5822251_t.gif
ef435ebf4bf2721aa00b87ec648d9873537f485_t.gif
60c35ecb49be79ccacfd8bb56cbc106915e1865_t.gif
03a358b04ff47020ad5a8b6769a84878c54674e_t.gif
67e25b64b4727ad08256e9c449d278c831c7b4a_t.gif

Ezboard...
ba7359e9417f7f9fa8a38e2e6fe763d8907df63_t.gif

And I know I'm missing 2 other avys from Ezboard (one being the beginning of Moonwalker when he spins and the glitter comes out and the other from "Can You Feel It")

I've used a bunch of MJ avys for as long as I can remember. I'm happy to see all of the MJ love on NT with all of the avys...even if I was supposedly the first to do it on here. I love Mike and he deserves to receive all of the love himself. Y'all can use whatever I posted.

It's eerie to look at this avy that I have now...with the wings extending from Mike. Live in the sky, MJ.
pimp.gif
Man I gotta give it to you tho you were the first one supporting Mj on Nt with those Avy's..But I think there was someone else who has an Mjavy throughout his Nt career though.

Back
Top Bottom