Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Jackson didn't seem to go on record about Prince - in fact, he rarely had a negative word for anybody.
pimp.gif

Today it's almost logical for two huge stars to go head-to-head
this is whats wrong w/the music scene
i hate the fact that this is true

Originally Posted by jd2384

However, recent interviews with former Prince band members reveal a more genial side. "They'd shoot hoops at Paisley Park," longtime Prince drummer Bobby Z told the Star-Tribune. Prince had a deep-seeded competitive nature, so it's easy to see where he would measure himself against Jackson's success. Engineer David Z told a story about Prince's attempt to play ping-pong with Jackson. "Michael drops his paddle and holds his hands up in front of his face so the ball won't hit him. Michael walks out with his bodyguard, and Prince starts strutting around like a rooster. 'Did you see that? He played like Helen Keller.'"
It's a shame that Chappelle still isn't on, I could just imagine a skit on this
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by jd2384

However, recent interviews with former Prince band members reveal a more genial side. "They'd shoot hoops at Paisley Park," longtime Prince drummer Bobby Z told the Star-Tribune. Prince had a deep-seeded competitive nature, so it's easy to see where he would measure himself against Jackson's success. Engineer David Z told a story about Prince's attempt to play ping-pong with Jackson. "Michael drops his paddle and holds his hands up in front of his face so the ball won't hit him. Michael walks out with his bodyguard, and Prince starts strutting around like a rooster. 'Did you see that? He played like Helen Keller.'"
It's a shame that Chappelle still isn't on, I could just imagine a skit on this
roll.gif
roll.gif
cosign.. Prince is that dude
pimp.gif

"Michael drops his paddle and holds his hands up in front of his face so the ball won't hit him. Michael walks out with his bodyguard, and Prince starts strutting around like a rooster. 'Did you see that? He played like Helen Keller.

laugh.gif
where the hell is chappelle when you need him

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

apparently the post is saying that he has a treasure trove of unreleased songs for his children that weren't supposed to be released until his death.
pimp.gif

[h1]Michael Jackson public viewing set for Friday
[/h1]
[h1]By Alan Duke
CNN

[/h1]
[h1]LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's body will return to his Neverland Ranch on Thursday morning for a public viewing Friday, CNN has learned.[/h1]
[h1]
art.last.rehearsal.02.gi.jpg
[/h1]

Michael Jackson, shown at a rehearsal June 23 -- one of his last -- was to perform in London in July.
corner_wire_BL.gif

A private memorial service is scheduled for Sunday.

Also, a Jackson will, written in 2002, has been found, according to family lawyer Londell McMillan.

It was not immediately clear whether Jackson's body would be interred at Neverland.

He purchased the Neverland Ranch, north of Santa Barbara, in 1987 and filled it with animals and amusement rides. He lived at the propertyuntil soon after his 2005 acquittal on child molestation charges.

He later ran into financial problems with Neverland but retained a stake in it at the time of his death June 25.

The ranch is named for the fictional world in J.M. Barrie's "Peter Pan," a favorite story of Jackson's.

The singer's hometown of Gary, Indiana, is asking the family to have him buried there, according to the mayor's spokeswoman.

Gary Mayor Rudy Clay has been in contact with the Jackson family hoping to make that happen, spokeswoman Lalosa Burns saidTuesday.

The city is planning a memorial service, scheduled for July 10 at U.S. Steel Works ballpark in Gary, Burns said.

It would be "a memorial that's fit for the prince of peace and a memorial that's fit for Gary, Indiana's favorite son, thegreatest entertainer that ever lived," Clay said.

A burial site for the singer could be near a proposed Jackson family museum and a performing arts center, Burns said.

"The mayor had spoken with a contact of the Jackson family and expressed our interest in having that to be a part of the history of this greatfamily," Burns said. "We have not received confirmation on that."

Jackson's father, Joe, visited the city last year and talked with Clay about a Jackson museum, Burns said.

I read the rough prediction in the UK is he has already sold 125,000 since dieing but those numbers were an estimate.

it's going to be crazy if those tracks are released.. i also heard that the last rehearsal he did before his death was filmed on blu-ray, he performed 11songs.

it would be amazing to see.
pimp.gif

that vid with him and usher shows you how far ahead of the game michael was ... i consider usher to be one of the greatest performers/dancers of my generationand, although only for a split second, you can just see how much better mj was than him ... i love watchin all these vids, brings back memories ...

thekryptonite wrote:
it's going to be crazy if those tracks are released.. i also heard that the last rehearsal he did before his death was filmed on blu-ray, he performed 11 songs.

pimp.gif

That would sell out in minutes

thekryptonite wrote:
it's going to be crazy if those tracks are released.. i also heard that the last rehearsal he did before his death was filmed on blu-ray, he performed 11 songs.

pimp.gif

That would sell out in minutes

4867_121899028985_793563985_2956533_1785852_n.jpg

i was buggin for a minute , i thought mike had some special king of pop 4's on
laugh.gif

kinda looks like the 4's, never know

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Shameless Joe Jackson[/h1] [h2]Is Michael Jackson's father tainting the late singer's legacy with his public antics?[/h2]
  • By: Jimi Izrael | Posted: June 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM

joe_0.jpg

Joe Jackson hamming it up at the BET Awards/Getty Images

RELATED TAGS

Joe Jackson Dishonors Michael's legacy

Is Michael Jackson's father tainting the late singer's legacy with his public antics?

jimi.izrael

The Jackson family circus doesn't need any more attractions right about now, but Joe Jackson's antics threaten to taint the solemnity of the moment.

GALLERY: Explore Joe's recent escapades.

<p>The Jackson family circus doesn't need any more attractions right about now, but Joe Jackson's antics threaten to taint the solemnity of the moment.</p>

06/30/2009 08:07

On the red carpet at the BET Awards, as CNN's Don Lemon interviewed him, Joe Jackson was contemptuous and put-off, willing to give only terse, perfunctory answers to complicated questions. Jackson, resembling a baked potato in a pair of cheap sunglasses, came off more as a gold miner eager to stake a claim than the grieving father of his world-famous son.

I have friends who have lost parakeets, dogs, guinea pigs and wino uncles, and they've spent more time in mourning than Michael Jackson's father. I've been more distraught over bad sushi. He struck me as someone with a hurried agenda-in a hurry to cash a check-more than a man who has lost a son. What kind of grieving father pulls in publicists to give a statement about their grief, or a lawyer/yes-man, or some kind of micro-pimp huckster in a wide-brimmed hat to talk up some bootleg Blu-ray disk scheme?

At the BET Awards, Joe Jackson seemed far less interested in his son's legacy, the lingering questions surrounding his death and the children he left behind. Instead, he took the opportunity to try to market some new brand of pop-music smack on the world. It was a bad look.

Later Jackson held a press conference-with Rev. Al Sharpton at his side-to offer some clarification on his red carpet demeanor. The press conference stank like cheap cigars and old malt liquor. It seems that he just wanted people to know that he and the family name will go on. But who needs spin at a time like this? I can't think of anyone less qualified than Sharpton to be a Jackson family representative. Maybe bin Laden? Mike Tyson?

The Jackson family circus doesn't need any more attractions right now. Sharpton's appearance stokes the media madness and taints the solemnity of the moment. At the press conference, Jackson also talked about how he and his wife were taking responsibility for MJ's children, but the couple have been estranged for years-they live in separate homes. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but in my way of thinking, they probably aren't the ideal couple to take on the responsibility of raising young children.

It's notable that only Katherine Jackson has been granted temporary custody. He recently joined the petition, but all of it is quite sketchy.

In so many ways, there seems to be two Joe Jacksons. Rock-and-roll folklore gives us the portrait of the hard-working, blue-collar dad who looked into the eyes of his children and saw the flame that became The Jackson 5 and the force that was his uber-talented son, Michael. Then there is the other Joe Jackson, the one Michael remembered as hard-driving and abusive, the taskmaster hanging his dreams on the backs of his boys. The other Jackson children tell similar stories about their dad "motivating" them to perform with emotional and physical abuse.

So what will Joe do for his granchildren? "We gonna take care of them and give them the education they supposed to have," he said at his press conference. The idea of this man trying to grandfather children who are probably already traumatized is, as Sharpton might say, "troubling" at best.

Under no circumstance should Joe Jackson be involved in raising these kids. We know how that turns out. And at 79, Katherine Jackson is not the ideal person to take custody of the children either. It may be time for mother Debbie Rowe to re-assume a role in her children's life; there is too much at stake. I don't know what kind of woman sells her children, but I feel better about her parenting skills than the Jacksons'.

Sad, right?

But it's one of those choices between the evil you know versus the one you don't. Someone needs to protect these children, and I don't think Joe Jackson is cut out for that. I don't doubt that Joe Jackson loved his son. But I doubt he is the best person to tend to his legacy.

Back
Top Bottom