Michael Jackson and his affinity towards children...Mature Discussion PLEASE...

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Originally Posted by jawn piece

im sorry u dont settle out of court for that much money solely off "accusations"

his rep was already ruined so dont even say he was trying to protect that

if mike was the construction worker next door instead of the king of pop he would have at least done some time

i swear society really needs to reevaluate how we give a person's celebrity total immunity
And I'm no lawyer, nor do I know how the legal system really works but if the allegations weren't true, couldn't Mike have sued for defamation of character?

Im not one either but i think it would've cost him more to keep with the trial especially with his team of lawyers, lets say he did win the case and suedfor defamation what was he going to take from them???

im sorry u dont settle out of court for that much money solely off "accusations"

if mike was the construction worker next door instead of the king of pop he would have at least done some time

i swear society really needs to reevaluate how we give a person's celebrity total immunity
sorry, but you don't accept a cash settlement regardless of how much money it is if you claim someone harmed you or your children when youhave the opportunity to put them in prison where they belong.
celebrities settle out of court more often than not, because in the end, they know that is what the plaintiff is really after, and it saves them the anguishphysically, emotionally, and financially of fighting a battle that they don't even have to go through. In this case, Michael settled reluctantly at theadvice of his attorneys. everyone involved signed agreements stating no one was harmed by michael jackson and it's no admission of guilt whatsoever.thesettlement was reached for claims of negligence, and not child molestation, and his insurance co. paid the settlement. the problem is this: no one could speakon the details completely. hindsight is 20/20. Not everything was as cut & dry as it seemed.

Add to that, when the guy was found not guilty. I heard very little, if any, outrage from anyone. People who were so "taken" by this topic, andreally believed something went on weren't moved enough to join any advocacy groups, protest, and stand up to what they felt was an "injustice".They shrugged their heads, joked incessantly about it, and moved on. Some society we live in today, isn't it.

Yes Michael's behavior was odd, but I don't think he had any malicious intent when it came to any of his "relationships" with children.

I totally agree, but intent doesn't mean his actions weren\'t harmful or out of line. I'm not saying anything he might have done was or was notacceptable, but he was a unique individual who had to deal with a lot of stuff ever since he was a kid, and more important than separating the man and theartist, I think people have to consider his intentions as a man (not necessarily the actions) and how he grew up when remembering him.

No one can condone his actions, but they can try to at least understand the man a bit more.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

And I'm no lawyer, nor do I know how the legal system really works but if the allegations weren't true, couldn't Mike have sued for defamation of character?

Im not one either but i think it would've cost him more to keep with the trial especially with his team of lawyers, lets say he did win the case and sued for defamation what was he going to take from them???
I dunno...but to clear my name and not leave any doubt to the public, I probably would have sued for defamation of character.....money wasn'tan issue to Mike...settling out of court raises more questions IMO.

after reading that i understand the whole child situation with MJ more. ninja hood is right that was flat out weird. but the man showed no hesitation on thequestions. point blank MJ just had a real sensitive love for children. r.i.p

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Yes Michael's behavior was odd, but I don't think he had any malicious intent when it came to any of his "relationships" with children.

This odd behavior... coupled with a few instances where people were trying to make a quick dollar by bringing on allegations... gave the perception that he was a child molester.

Now I don't know the truth, but that is my POV.
yea but pedophiles usually dont molest children with any malicious intent to harm the child but rather to fulfill their own sick desires...theharm itself is the bi-product of the action and the damage done mentally and physically to the child even after many years after the incident took place

It was/is weird, I'm sure MJ meant well, by being a role model for kids, but he did it the wrong way in a lot of respects. Also, that interview with MartinBashir is so 2003.
indifferent.gif

The molestation never happened.

Why in the hell would ANY parent take money if their child went through that?

If anything like that were to happen to my child, I'm KILLING somebody, there isn't enough money that I would take to resolve the problem..

you feel me?

hmmm, mike should've took Q's from Prince and shared his bed with millions of women instead of children.

you michael jackson b....go molest some prime groupie cat.

parents can't even sleep with their own kids? what?

anyways, HE SLEPT ON THE FLOOR!
smh.gif

people have their public perception of what happened regardless of the facts. people settle out of court all the time to avoid lengthy media circuses.

if Mike was doing all this to all these kids, wouldn't at least one or two have came out and said something?

Originally Posted by babyface34

sorry, but you don't accept a cash settlement regardless of how much money it is if you claim someone harmed you or your children when you have the opportunity to put them in prison where they belong.
celebrities settle out of court more often than not, because in the end, they know that is what the plaintiff is really after, and it saves them the anguish physically, emotionally, and financially of fighting a battle that they don't even have to go through. In this case, Michael settled reluctantly at the advice of his attorneys. everyone involved signed agreements stating no one was harmed by michael jackson and it's no admission of guilt whatsoever.the settlement was reached for claims of negligence, and not child molestation, and his insurance co. paid the settlement. the problem is this: no one could speak on the details completely. hindsight is 20/20. Not everything was as cut & dry as it seemed.
see: oj simpson trial

dude was found not guilty and settled with a civil suit with the brown and goldman families

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

This odd behavior... coupled with a few instances where people were trying to make a quick dollar by bringing on allegations... gave the perception that he was a child molester.

Now I don't know the truth, but that is my POV.
yea but pedophiles usually dont molest children with any malicious intent to harm the child but rather to fulfill their own sick desires...the harm itself is the bi-product of the action and the damage done mentally and physically to the child even after many years after the incident took place

I understand and agree with what you are saying in reference to actual child molesters, but in my personal opinion I do not think Michael Jackson molestedany children.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

smh.gif

people have their public perception of what happened regardless of the facts. people settle out of court all the time to avoid lengthy media circuses.

if Mike was doing all this to all these kids, wouldn't at least one or two have came out and said something?
So that makes it ok?

Like I said before...as much as I blame the parents of the kids, MJ should have known better.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

If anything like that were to happen to my child, I'm KILLING somebody, there isn't enough money that I would take to resolve the problem..

you feel me?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats what ive thought the whole time..

psychologically mike was %%%+%$ up, his upbringings shaped him to the person he was, for better and for worse

i think that he never wanted to grow up so he filled his life with a bunch of children *%$% and kicked it with kids ...his brain somehow made him permantlylive as a child

with that being said i dont think that he was tryna molest any of them, as strange as this may sound he just wanted to be a child

smh.gif

Im saying, some of these cats grew up in some ##@%@+ up homes, i take my stable upbringing for granted sometimes.

smh.gif

So that makes it ok?

Like I said before...as much as I blame the parents of the kids, MJ should have known better.
but he didn't though, thats the point. He wasn't there mentally, who do you blame for that?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i mean we can all yell about lockin it, and shovin da truth under da bed pun intended, but let's face it folks...that was weird.
To you. Mike was just trying to give those kids something he never had. A father figure that loved them.
thats exactly what I do with stray hoodrats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

statement alone is what's wrong with alot in this world nowadays. and a lot of these peons roll with and accept it. i dont know about yallbut nobody gets a pass. we all from the same creator regardless of what you do.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

smh.gif

So that makes it ok?

but he didn't though, thats the point. He wasn't there mentally, who do you blame for that?
That's a good point about his mental state....

but didn't Mike have people around him (legal team, friends, etc...I won't say family) that could tell him that it wasn't a good idea? Was he aloner for the most part?

smh.gif

Im saying, some of these cats grew up in some ##@%@+ up homes, i take my stable upbringing for granted sometimes.

Exactly dudes in here are hilarious, questioning our childhoods cuz we had the opp to sleep with our OWN parents, who created us
laugh.gif
...Every time I start tocringe I say Relax its NT what would you expect.

On a lighter note I hope this thread takes all the hate out of the other one
smile.gif
....Carry on with the senseless bashing of a hero
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Making a thread about this is like making a thread about Kobe's Rape charges, or OJ's murder trial. All it can do is divide. The matter of fact is dude was acquitted on all charges over ALL of his cases. Mike was too good for this cruel world anyway, and deserved better. Innocence destroyed. Michael didn't abuse anyone, We abused him.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif

So that makes it ok?

my question is knowin mike's mental state...who in there right mind would let their kids sleep with a guy like that?

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

you feel me?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

psychologically mike was %%%+%$ up, his upbringings shaped him to the person he was, for better and for worse

i think that he never wanted to grow up so he filled his life with a bunch of children *%$% and kicked it with kids ...his brain somehow made him permantly live as a child

with that being said i dont think that he was tryna molest any of them, as strange as this may sound he just wanted to be a child
QFT...

In that Martin Bashir interview, MJ said when he was a child he was at Motown Records one day, and he heard the sounds of kids playing across the street.
And inside Motown he started breaking down crying.

His father really had THAT much of a hold on his childhood, its really %#**$$ up... Like I was wondering if his pops were to take him out and have fun insteadof work,work,work,work,work.. he could have possibly molded into a better, more stable person, mentally.

But who knows..... RIP

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

you feel me?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i think that he never wanted to grow up so he filled his life with a bunch of children *%$% and kicked it with kids ...his brain somehow made him permantly live as a child

QFT...

In that Martin Bashir interview, MJ said when he was a child he was at Motown Records one day, and he heard the sounds of kids playing across the street.
And inside Motown he started breaking down crying.

His father really had THAT much of a hold on his childhood, its really %#**$$ up... Like I was wondering if his pops were to take him out and have fun instead of work,work,work,work,work.. he could have possibly molded into a better, more stable person, mentally.

But who knows..... RIP

That always makes me wonder though because he had sibilings....

Back
Top Bottom