Michael Jordan Calf Sleeve

Originally Posted by punisha15

Originally Posted by 23AirJacobs23

does anybody know if GRID neoprene still exists
If you checked the other posts you made asking about grid the answer would be no.

this dude never gives up. he always makes the same topic or posts the same questions.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

K20LEE had the right answer:
Osgood Slaughter Disease is the inflammation of the patellar tendon where the knee meets the top of the tibia (shinbone). The condition is caused by stress on the tendon that attaches the muscle at the front of the thigh to the tibia. It is probably caused by the powerful quadriceps muscle pulling on the attachment point of the patellar tendon during running activities such as soccer, basketball, track and other sports and in gymnastics and ballet.

The symptoms associated with Osgood Slaughter Disease is swelling and tenderness in the knee joint. It is most common in active children aged 10-15. It is the most common source of knee pain in children. Both males and females are equally vulnerable now, but at one time, the condition was found mainly in boys. It is always characterized by activity-related pain that is located a few inches below the knee cap. Sports that require a lot of running, jumping kneeling and squatting are particularly associated with Osgood Slaughter Disease.

The three main factors of the disease are:

1. The child is between 10 and 15 years old

2. The child is involved in youth sports

3. The child is in a 'growth spurt'

The disease was named after two physicians who defined the disease in 1903. About 2 million boys and girls in the United States contract Osgood-Slaughter Disease yearly.

The following link will provide you a few options:
Calf Sleeve

The MJ game used sleeve I have is made by Grid. MJ would fold the top of the sleeve down for two reasons:
1) Concealing the brand name, Grid, from public display.
2) Displaying the inner red color creating a trademark image.
thanks for your info. my knees just look exactly the same as the pic from the link. dang!

I've gone through several of those sleeves. I used to wear them religiously, from the time i was 11 or 12, up until i got out of high school, because mydoctor recommended it. I should probably still be wearing one, but since I only play pick up ball now...i'm 33 by the way, i dont. I've had them madeby grid, as well as other brands and colors......they were always black, but the other side has been red, blue or gray, depending on the brand. I actuallywould wear them ON my knee. Its a shame that i kept loosing them...or my mom would steal them for her own knees as she got older.

I have a grid one thats like brand new that I would consider getting rid of, if the deal was appealing enough

Originally Posted by lamw888

166kbc2.jpg

o5szmg.jpg

2znpr44.jpg

Non-Padded version. The same one the MJ wore.
2e34ild.jpg

Some people said the reason he folded it is because he didn't want to show the brand (besides it showing the red).
ftjzmq.jpg

Padded on left. Non-Padded on right.
ae1qip.jpg

Box for the padded version.
2ecp4qt.jpg

roll.gif

I never would've known I had osgood slaughter if I wouldn't have read this post. No wonder my right knee be puffy and swollen from time to time. Imight need to invest in me sleeve when I start balling again.

Originally Posted by radioraheem

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

166kbc2.jpg

o5szmg.jpg

2znpr44.jpg

2e34ild.jpg

Some people said the reason he folded it is because he didn't want to show the brand (besides it showing the red).
ftjzmq.jpg

ae1qip.jpg

2ecp4qt.jpg

y is it that in the pics you look so dusty lol

roll.gif
yo, that is the funniest thing Ive ever read on hear, thanks for the laugh

yea it is funny.... but im also serious!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tillmatic

166kbc2.jpg

o5szmg.jpg

2znpr44.jpg

2e34ild.jpg

ftjzmq.jpg

ae1qip.jpg

2ecp4qt.jpg

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Face82

I used to wear one cuz MJ did it and it looked awesome with Jordans.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

P.S...... It felt good on my calf though

laugh.gif
...not hating but jordan is no GOD...his kicks are fresh bt jus cuz hedrinks milk thru his nose doesnt mean u have to...in other words u dnt have to do everything he does
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom