Michael Vick Signs a New Deal With Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacomeup

Supporter
Vick, Nike sign new deal
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press
NEW YORK -- Michael Vick is back with Nike more than two years after the company severed ties over the quarterback's involvement in a dogfighting ring.

The managing director of the agency that represents Vick announced the deal Wednesday while participating on a panel at the Sports Sponsorship Symposium.Michael Principe of BEST referred questions to Vick's agent, Joel Segal, who did not return calls from The Associated Press.

Segal told SportsBusiness Journal that Vick will wear Nike shoes, gear and apparel, but would not reveal the terms of the agreement.

NFC East blog
ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"Mike has had a great relationship with Nike and is excited to be part of the Nike team again," Segal said.

The deal is the latest step forward for Vick as he seeks to rehabilitate his career and his image after serving 18 months in federal prison. On Sunday, Vickplayed his first regular-season game since December 2006.

The former Atlanta Falcons star signed with the Philadelphia Eagles on Aug. 13. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell gave him his full reinstatement Sept. 3, sayinghe could return to the field in Week 3.

Vick participated in 11 plays, accounting for 30 total yards, in the Eagles' 34-14 win over the Kansas City Chiefs, as Philadelphia tries to use him in avariety of ways as a backup.

Nike, which signed Vick as a rookie in 2001, terminated his contract in August 2007 after he filed a plea agreement admitting his involvement in thedogfighting ring.

Vick agreed to a $1.6 million deal with the Eagles, with a team option for the second year at $5.2 million. The club has received little backlash -- protestshave been limited, and the Eagles' sponsors have stood by them. That experience could make companies less wary about adding Vick as an endorser, though thebiggest determinant may be no different from any other athlete: how well he performs on the field.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Vick needs to pay the bills, legal fees, mortgage, and rebuild his image, so good job.

Otherwise, I would have stick it to them because they dropped him like a fly while the case was going on.

Originally Posted by dreClark

pimp.gif

And he might get traded soon
nerd.gif

At first I said some bad things about him..But i've come to realize that every man makes mistakes and he deserves a second chance. So this is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
..Ihope he gets his life back on track..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dreClark

pimp.gif

And he might get traded soon
nerd.gif

At first I said some bad things about him..But i've come to realize that every man makes mistakes and he deserves a second chance. So this is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
..I hope he gets his life back on track..
Good for you. And props Mike on getting your life together. Props to Nike aswell. If He gets a new shoe, it should be broken down into series.Like redemption, 2nd chance, and so on. What ya'll think?

pimp.gif

I thought I'd join in the fun

Deleted pic - dmxfury

The dude is a monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by h3at23

kash.....dude served his time my man.
Okay, so he got a second chance. He's back at his career (which most criminals don't get to do)

But now Nike is going to reward him millions just for wearing a shoe? No that ain't right.

Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by h3at23

kash.....dude served his time my man.
Okay, so he got a second chance. He's back at his career (which most criminals don't get to do)

But now Nike is going to reward him millions just for wearing a shoe? No that ain't right.
there not "rewardin" nothing they feel they can make money off of him/his name so get that right 1st

in the career field he is in this isnt nothing out of the normal

stop being a hater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom