Michael Vick Signs a New Deal With Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by h3at23

kash.....dude served his time my man.
Okay, so he got a second chance. He's back at his career (which most criminals don't get to do)

But now Nike is going to reward him millions just for wearing a shoe? No that ain't right.

Kinda like how the criminal in your avy went to prison for a brawl and got rewarded by reebok

Okay, so he got a second chance. He's back at his career (which most criminals don't get to do)

But now Nike is going to reward him millions just for wearing a shoe? No that ain't right.

Kinda like how the criminal in your avy went to prison for a brawl and got rewarded by reebok

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

kash55 wrote:

h3at23 wrote:

Might be the only time I'll agree with Fresh.

pimp.gif
for Vick

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Get your facts right. That Brawl was racially motivated by white bowlers who called Iverson and his friends "a bunch of N' words".They never actually saw Iverson do anything wrong but the white men who were in the brawl pointed the finger at Iverson. The governer of Virginia gave him anofficial pardon and he was set free. He's no Mike Vick.

I'm interested in knowing what the terms of the deal are.

I hope that Nike is ready to deal with the firestorm that is about to ensue. I can see a lot of people boycotting Nike products because of this. Nike knowswhat they're doing though...its probably a low risk investment with the possibility of high returns of Michael Vick can re-establish himself as a keyplayer in the NFL. Nike will not get anything out of this if Vick is still a back-up QB two seasons from now.

Those commercials brought back memories. I remember having an avy of the "what if" commercial too (Urlacher and Vick as hockey players, Lance as aboxer, Agassi as a baseball player, etc..)

My thoughts on Vick has always been the same. He served his time. If he had applied to a "regular" day job, his resume would have probably beendumped after the background check. But if a company did decide to hire him, no one should have an issue with that. Or if they do, take it up with the companywho "hired" him.

GTFOOH! and i mean that in a good way.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if/when Vick rediscovers his old form, maybe he'll get a sig shoe again...

Nike said Thursday it does not have a "contractual relationship" with Michael Vick, a day after the quarterback's agent announced a deal with themanufacturer.

In a statement released Thursday morning, Nike said it has "agreed to supply product to Michael Vick as we do a number of athletes who are not undercontract with Nike."

On Wednesday, Michael Principe, the managing director of BEST, the agency that represents Vick, announced the Philadelphia Eagles player had a new deal withNike during a panel discussion at the Sports Sponsorship Symposium.

Vick's agent, Joel Segal, did not immediately return a call for comment Thursday.

Nike, which signed Vick as a rookie in 2001, terminated his contract in August 2007 after he filed a plea agreement admitting his involvement in a dogfightingring.

Vick signed a $1.6 million deal with the Eagles, with a team option for the second year at $5.2 million. He was once a corporate star -- holding multimilliondollar deals to market everything from sneakers to sports drinks. But those millions are long gone.

In July, Vick filed for bankruptcy protection while serving a 23-month prison sentence, saying he owed between $10 million and $50 million to creditors.

Way to lie lol.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

ohwell.gif
Like a company needs/wants more negative PR. At this point dude better be on that Kobe after his trail. Vick needs to be the best citizenpossible and better go off. Otherwise he's never getting another contract with a shoe company ever again. And Nike knows that having a positive PR withthe wealthy and middle class is more important to them long term than to sell a few million sneakers to the people the continue to support him in the shortterm.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Nike manufactures its products in sweatshops. You think they are concerned with negative PR?

Every company is. They always release reports how they changed their ways. Is it a far fetched truth? Sure, but regardless they have to make people thinkthey care. And most people are too lazy to actually do their research and actually see if things changed. They'll read an article or see it on TV andautomatically think it's true.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Nike is very forgiving. They stuck with Kobe through that whole ordeal

well Kobe was "innocent"...
But they still stuck with him throughout the entire ordeal. Some athletes/entertainers have had contracts voided before the outcome of trials.

Now Vick just needs to be traded to the Raiders to make his turnaround complete.

Spoiler [+]
I kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom