Michael Vick Signs a New Deal With Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DubA169

don't make this black vs white. the hate was completely warranted.
laugh.gif
not all of it

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dreClark

pimp.gif

And he might get traded soon
nerd.gif

At first I said some bad things about him..But i've come to realize that every man makes mistakes and he deserves a second chance. So this is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
..Ihope he gets his life back on track..
co-sign. good for him. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

dont be foolish if vick can prove that last year was real, nike will be jumping right back on contractually because those other big companies will come at Vick. And for whoever said nike wont mess up there money with the upper class ppl get real if the kids want it they get it. Vick will get a big deal mark my words

Must be a lot of saints and angels present in here
eyes.gif
. And from my knowledge, Vick FUNDED the operation. There's no media evidence of dude strangling, drowning, or murdering those animals. I'm sure the individuals who are demeaning and smearing Vick have never done anything wrong, right? He was raised in a less than pleasurable environment and unfortunately, assisted his childhood friends in a service that they'd known their entire lives and tried to keep money in their pockets. I dont condone dogfighting but, let's be real, when you make it to a certain stature in life, especially evident with people who come from the innner cities and ghettos of America, you retain traits that were present in your childood. This is neither black or white in my opinion. It's simply rationale and empathy which is lacking amongst a good percentage of our society. Most sports, movie, and other human portrayals and ideologies in the world are based on redemption. But yeah, for you guys who are belittling Vick, continue with your audacious remarks, it makes you appear to be the villain, honestly.

Originally Posted by DubA169

don't make this black vs white. the hate was completely warranted.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one champ, either way I'm glad to see Vick got his deal with Nike back.  Hopefully the first of many more.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Must be a lot of saints and angels present in here
eyes.gif
. And from my knowledge, Vick FUNDED the operation. There's no media evidence of dude strangling, drowning, or murdering those animals. I'm sure the individuals who are demeaning and smearing Vick have never done anything wrong, right? He was raised in a less than pleasurable environment and unfortunately, assisted his childhood friends in a service that they'd known their entire lives and tried to keep money in their pockets. I dont condone dogfighting but, let's be real, when you make it to a certain stature in life, especially evident with people who come from the innner cities and ghettos of America, you retain traits that were present in your childood. This is neither black or white in my opinion. It's simply rationale and empathy which is lacking amongst a good percentage of our society. Most sports, movie, and other human portrayals and ideologies in the world are based on redemption. But yeah, for you guys who are belittling Vick, continue with your audacious remarks, it makes you appear to be the villain, honestly.

very well said

Vick FUNDED the operation. There's no media evidence of dude strangling, drowning, or murdering those animals.
So since he did everything besides throw the actual dogs in the ring its ok? The dude supplied the property where everything went down. From the training to the actual fights themselves. There are also reports he bet on the fights also...

But yeah, for you guys who are belittling Vick, continue with your audacious remarks, it makes you appear to be the villain, honestly.
So everyone has to like Vick now? Cool, he got his 2nd chance, doesnt mean I have to like him though.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Vick FUNDED the operation. There's no media evidence of dude strangling, drowning, or murdering those animals.
So since he did everything besides throw the actual dogs in the ring its ok? The dude supplied the property where everything went down. From the training to the actual fights themselves. There are also reports he bet on the fights also...
Yup hes still responsible for the things that went on there... Its like saying Hitler wasn't culpable for what went on at Dachau or Auschwitz because he never actually turned on the burners or gas. 
grin.gif

And anyone who just got bent out of shape reading that: No, I did not just compare Mike Vick to Hitler.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

But yeah, for you guys who are belittling Vick, continue with your audacious remarks, it makes you appear to be the villain, honestly.
So everyone has to like Vick now? Cool, he got his 2nd chance, doesnt mean I have to like him though.

Reports? So, that statement pretty much means that there also a possibility that said evidence may, or may not be viable. We all use blind logic on these subjects sometimes and, it may very well be probable but, could also be a fallacy. If we want to use Hitler as an anectdote, what about the individuals who cultivate (Someone funds it, right?), synthesize, traffic, and distribute drugs? How about the company that ferments alcohol, or better yet, companies who manufacturers guns and ammunition? Now, I'm not saying you use drugs, drink, or are a street vigilante or criminal, but, my questions is, are the facilitators of these items (The last two being legal) responsible for all of the overdoses, drunk driving deaths, and massacres that have occured due in part to the presence of these elements? All I'm pretty much getting at is that there's a wide social "pick and choose" or "Yeah, but" viewpoint that we as human beings have PERFECTED. We CHOOSE and label situations which in terms creates various civil misnomers which we try to justify and categorize. But, I will stick to my guns and say that any crime, wrongdoing, etc, whether you've been penalized, or have got away without having your liberties jeopardized, scars us with a blemish. No one is invulnerbale to human error. You could get into a phsyical altercations with a total stranger tomorrow and end his life instantly with a blow to the head, but yeah, no one makes mistakes, and, we are all puritans...

You can criticize and dislike what he did and not be perfect yourself. People judge all the time without that qualifier. That said I like the direction his life has gone and I hope he continues to grow as a man

I thought they were going to sign him earlier, I'm pretty surprised it took them this long.

Dude has earned it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom