Microsoft going dirty with the banning Vol. pun intended

Nah you punish them for cheating. It lessens the quality of the gameplay, especially when people exploit it.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by GodofWar

So you punish gamers for finding a flaw in the game. Microsoft taking it too far.
MS is in the business of gaining as much $$$ as possible. This is one of the methods they are using.

So you punish gamers for finding a flaw in the game. Microsoft taking it too far.

u must be a glitcher yourself, 'finding" a glitch is alot different than exploiting it. u make it sound like some random guy accidentally stumbledopon it, u no damn well that everybody who uses it cheeses/glitches with it goes out of there way to use a javelin (which by the way is one of the most uselessweapons in the game, if u take out the glitch)

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

IW lost cool points for this
IW doesn't ban people, read it again. Microsoft is the one banning them for glitching. Sony however isn't.
I beg to differ http://forums.xbox.com/30273059/ShowPost.aspx
Spoiler [+]
I don't really know IW and M$?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

u must be a glitcher yourself, 'finding" a glitch is alot different than exploiting it. u make it sound like some random guy accidentally stumbled opon it, u no damn well that everybody who uses it cheeses/glitches with it goes out of there way to use a javelin (which by the way is one of the most useless weapons in the game, if u take out the glitch)
Thats not the point. IW releases a product that people PAID for that has flaws in it and instead of fixing the flaw that THEY didnt find in theirquality assurance process, they request that users who use that flaw be banned.

Thats like GM releasing a car that has a "flaw" that allows you to get 20% more MPG and horsepower. Instead of doing a recall and fixing the problemfor free, they get the government to arrest the people who use the flaw.

That just doesn't make sense. They are just trying to be cheap and not release a patch. You can't just go around banning people for a fault in yourproduct that you let get to production.

Say whatever crap you want but every person who has used the javelin glitch in a game with me has been reported. It completely disrupts the flow of the gameand takes no skill whatsoever. Javelin users just piss me off.

maybe they should allow for server-styled rooms that can be password protected which have hosts/moderators that can kick cheesers

as opposed to forcing people to use matchmaking

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

u must be a glitcher yourself, 'finding" a glitch is alot different than exploiting it. u make it sound like some random guy accidentally stumbled opon it, u no damn well that everybody who uses it cheeses/glitches with it goes out of there way to use a javelin (which by the way is one of the most useless weapons in the game, if u take out the glitch)
Thats not the point. IW releases a product that people PAID for that has flaws in it and instead of fixing the flaw that THEY didnt find in their quality assurance process, they request that users who use that flaw be banned.

Thats like GM releasing a car that has a "flaw" that allows you to get 20% more MPG and horsepower. Instead of doing a recall and fixing the problem for free, they get the government to arrest the people who use the flaw.

That just doesn't make sense. They are just trying to be cheap and not release a patch. You can't just go around banning people for a fault in your product that you let get to production.
Thanks for putting it into perspective, this is the exact point I was getting at.

@kobe4threebang - For the record, I'm not a glitcher, and this is my first time hearing about it. But if someone finds an exploit in a game that will givethem an extra advantage, you know they will use it. It makes no sense to punish them for it when it's not their fault.

Originally Posted by pip777

MS is in the business of gaining as much $$$ as possible. This is one of the methods they are using.
Yeah you're right, but couldn't that potentially hurt their business for potential customers? Or even worse, the people they ban decide togo with one of the consoles they're in competition with instead.

Banning for glitching? Isn't it the developers responsibility to fix these errors made in the game?

Im glad that IW is currently lookin into this. I dont think bannin is the proper solution but somethin needs to be done.

Im not on xbox btw

Originally Posted by pip777

Yeah you're right, but couldn't that potentially hurt their business for potential customers? Or even worse, the people they ban decide to go with one of the consoles they're in competition with instead.
That's true. It may bite MS in the butt in the long run, but 98% of those that got banned for modding/glitches will just buy another 360.

Its really not even a ban its more of a suspension. MW2 is getting kinda boring for me already... Going into the 3rd prestige and this Javelin Glitch is kindaentertaining lol. I don't really care cause i got multiple accounts FTW.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

IW lost cool points for this
IW doesn't ban people, read it again. Microsoft is the one banning them for glitching. Sony however isn't.

IW sends the requests in for players to get banned. It is MS or Sony's decision to comply.

IW is the one to blame.

Rather than releasing a patch they ask MS for bans... smh, not cool
^ this. people who are getting banned aren't doing anything wrong to allow Microsoft to ban them.

sony knows it cant ban someone for using a in game exploit, but if some one modifies the game they can.

IW needs to get their s%$# together and patch the game instead of trying to ban everyone who uses it

Wait what? I have the game for 360 and I never saw this glitch can someone explain to me how is it done? And why it's a glitch

^(While holding a Javelin) Hold RB press Y Release RB. Just don't climb anything like ladders or by pressing A. Won't work if you switch guns or defuseor plant lol did experiments. Also you can do with a stinger but it has no range.

This is a glitch because with the Javelin you would have to lock on but by doing the glitch its like a huge martydom (sp?).

My opinion is that its the developers fault and no one should get a suspension for their faults especially when we bought the game for $60

Clearly it's IWs fault, but if anyone remembers how glitching doomed the SOCOM series for PS2, I'm perfectly fine with this.

I don't agree with how MS is handling it, but if thats what it takes to keep the cheating to a minimum, so be it. Glitchers ruined my absolute favoriteonline game with SOCOM 2.

Back
Top Bottom