Microsoft screwed up my Xbox...Xbox Unappreciation

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by rickybadman

The OP sounds like a troll. If an update bricks your system Microsoft covers it.
You're missing the point.

The system should not brick in the first place. Yes a few isolated incidents are expected. This is electronic hardware after all which is subject heat which can effect circuit componant on the transistor level, but other video game systems are not effected by such mudane events as a software update.

Other videogame consoles are not crapping out left and right, yet this is somehow acceptable for xbox. It makes me wonder if some of you guys are the sons of members on the Microsoft Board of directors or work the company yourselves. I never understood the defense of this system.

In my field, electrical engineering, if a device does not work and continues to fail. We trash it and start over. Would you want the voltage regulator in your grandpa's pacemaker to undergo the 3 rings of death? Don't worry, we can just call the hosptial and get another one
eyes.gif
. Yes my example is OD but you get the point. From an engineering standpoint everything is the same. It's all circuits and transistors. Defective hardware is defective hardware. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Microsoft, it doesn't work.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Thing I don't understand is, why is Microsoft allowed to sell something that is pretty much guaranteed to break, that has to be against some kind of law. The other thing I don't understand is, why do people continue to purchase the system? It's a piece of trash with old hardware and software inside.

This kid gets the point.

You do know Sony had to remove one of its recent updates because it was bricking consoles right?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

You do know Sony had to remove one of its recent updates because it was bricking consoles right?
indifferent.gif

i mean really? is it really the same thing? that must be why microsoft told retailers to pull 360s off the shelf once the first 10 thousand RRODd right?theres never been an update that bricked all ps3s, only isolated cases, and even in those isolated cases sony still took it off the autoupdate, im sureyou're talking about fw 1.6 or whatever

i just love how M$ is like "we fixed the RROD problem" but they have this E74 problem which is practically the same, its like they literally meant"we fixed the red rings"
laugh.gif
like its some kind of literal joke

bill lumberg - "so its all been taken care of? he wont be coming to work anymore"
bob - "not exactly, we fixed "the glitch," he wont be getting a paycheck anymore, its all fixed on YOUR END"

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Eh, the ps3 is a great machine that can do amazing things that the 360 cannot
but you have to realize its 2009 and almost everybody and they moms have high speed internet which means everyone plays online and lets face it the PSN is trash, straight basura

XBL is basically perfect. Everytime I wanna play a ps3 game online its just a hassle, I dont even bother anymore
laugh.gif

xbl makes it easy as %*#%

it all comes down to the online imo

if we were talking about just the systems themselves with no online then no contest the ps3 wins since it has all the bells and whistles, but like I said its 09 and nobody is playing single player anymore
grin.gif
no one talks about COD4 being the ultimate game because of the single player
laugh.gif
I beat that thing in under 5 hours on the hardest difficulty...

i dont think anyone bashing XBL ...it just how crappy the xbox 360 hardware design is ...how u gonna have 30% failure rate
indifferent.gif
w/ RROD and now u have the E74 system problem now too...also i dont thinkPSN trash, i agree it isnt as easy to maneuver as XBL old blade system (i dont like this new xbl experience trash)....but it does what it suppose to do ...anddont give me that PSN lags ...XBL lags too...it depends on ur host

Thing I don't understand is, why is Microsoft allowed to sell something that is pretty much guaranteed to break, that has to be against some kind of law. The other thing I don't understand is, why do people continue to purchase the system? It's a piece of trash with old hardware and software inside.

[h1]Microsoft Sued in California Over Xbox 360 Hardware Failures[/h1][h4]Class action lawsuit may force Microsoft to implement a refund program and surrender profits from the Xbox 360.[/h4]By Kat Bailey, 10/15/2008

media
More reliable Xbox 360s are starting to trickle onto the market, but the fallout from the "red rings of death" remains. Now they're facing a class action lawsuit in California.
Kotaku (via Daily Games News) is reporting that the lawsuit was filed under California's consumer protection statutes, and alleges that Microsoft knew that the system would suffer a 50 percent failure rate, but concealed the knowledge to compete with the Nintendo Wii and the PlayStation 3. The suit cites articles from sources such as VentureBeat and Yahoo! to support its claims.

If Microsoft loses the suit, they will potentially have to implement a refund program in California as well as surrender profits relating to Xbox 360 sales. But even if they win, it doesn't look like Microsoft will be allowed to forget about the unreliability of the Xbox 360 anytime soon. But the question is, should they be?

I aint gonna lie, i hope this goes thru ...

Eh, the ps3 is a great machine that can do amazing things that the 360 cannot
but you have to realize its 2009 and almost everybody and they moms have high speed internet which means everyone plays online and lets face it the PSN is trash, straight basura

XBL is basically perfect. Everytime I wanna play a ps3 game online its just a hassle, I dont even bother anymore
laugh.gif

xbl makes it easy as %*#%

it all comes down to the online imo

if we were talking about just the systems themselves with no online then no contest the ps3 wins since it has all the bells and whistles, but like I said its 09 and nobody is playing single player anymore
grin.gif
no one talks about COD4 being the ultimate game because of the single player
laugh.gif
I beat that thing in under 5 hours on the hardest difficulty...
How so?

Put in COD > MultiPlayer > Play Online > Find Match > Free-For-All > Game starts > Enjoy.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by King NJC

Man i was getting ready to play a game on my Xbox and update comes up and kills what was left of my already damaged xbox...i call them and then they expect me to pay for a fix..but its THERE fault..everyones always talking about Sony being the cash cow...looks like microsoft just wants more money on there unreliable sowtware...
Not to play the grammar police, but if u gon capslock a word for emphasis, at least spell it correctly

BTW

PS3>>360

As soon as Sony can scoop up some games before Microsoft buy the exclusive rights and charge $100 for extra crap, they'll be in business

I'll help u understand sir. The American market has been like that. Money hungry so we build stuff to last until a warranty expires then itcrashes. Dells, Fords, Microsoft, etc. They all don't last as long as foreign products, yet America wants us to help our country by purchasing localgoods. Microsoft is money hungry and knows how to work around that. When u charge $99 for a wifi adapter, u gotta be smokin.

Originally Posted by DeceptiveSmiles

Man i was getting ready to play a game on my Xbox and update comes up and kills what was left of my already damaged xbox...i call them and then they expect me to pay for a fix..but its THERE fault..everyones always talking about Sony being the cash cow...looks like microsoft just wants more money on there unreliable sowtware...
Not to play the grammar police, but if u gon capslock a word for emphasis, at least spell it correctly

BTW

PS3>>360

As soon as Sony can scoop up some games before Microsoft buy the exclusive rights and charge $100 for extra crap, they'll be in business
Once they get halo
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

^^ #1 PS3 fanboy right there.

i got no problem with that, i love my ps3 and its games but i do give 360 its due, well gears at least

and Halo and thats about all they got

Originally Posted by DeceptiveSmiles

BTW

PS3>>360

Once they get halo
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Halo would def put Microsoft in the bread line if it was to release on PS3. But the GTA series is a fine example. It's mainly been a PS release, thenthey finally release it on 360 and Microsoft shells out millions to have that Lost n Damned exspansion exclusively for them so they can make that $20 for it.

they grabbed the market first by releasing early and that's about it....so more users, more established base. and also it's about $100cheaper. but like they say, you do get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by KidFlint13

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

^^ #1 PS3 fanboy right there.
i got no problem with that, i love my ps3 and its games but i do give 360 its due, well gears at least
and Halo and thats about all they got

NOT EVEN halo man, halo didnt do anything to showcase the jump from xbox to xbox 360, yeah it sold well and its a good game but so was halo and halo 2

the game's not even HD, i say gears cause at least epic's making an effort to put out one of the best looking games on the market and show some 360techonological power

The OP sounds like a troll. If an update bricks your system Microsoft covers it.

The system should not brick in the first place. Yes a few isolated incidents are expected. This is electronic hardware after all which is subject heat which can effect circuit componant on the transistor level, but other video game systems are not effected by such mudane events as a software update.

Other videogame consoles are not crapping out left and right, yet this is somehow acceptable for xbox. It makes me wonder if some of you guys are the sons of members on the Microsoft Board of directors or work the company yourselves. I never understood the defense of this system.

In my field, electrical engineering, if a device does not work and continues to fail. We trash it and start over. Would you want the voltage regulator in your grandpa's pacemaker to undergo the 3 rings of death? Don't worry, we can just call the hosptial and get another one
eyes.gif
. Yes my example is OD but you get the point. From an engineering standpoint everything is the same. It's all circuits and transistors. Defective hardware is defective hardware. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

laugh.gif

This kid gets the point.
Classic fanboys BS. PEOPLE BOUGHT XBOX 360s TO PLAY GAMES. Not watch Blu-Ray, not to make us feel better about ourselves, not on buy one game every year to admire its graphics abut fail to acknowledge it only has 8 hours of original game play and no replay value then to go back to only playing COD 4 everyday, not to hope among a wishing star that a Japanese Company who only gives a +!$@ about only itself (not fans, consumers, developers, nobody) will one day release a game that finally justifies us spending over $400 on a PS3. Yes the hardware on the 360 is crap but the warranty is 3 damn years, 3 times longer than the PS3 ( if your PS3 bricks in year two, your SOL). Oh and finally besides a Blu Ray Player and more reliable hardware, the Xbox 360 is way better at every time else gamers and developers care about, online, games and easy to develop for.

So to fanboys I have one question WHAT IS SO DAMN SPECIAL ABOUT THE PS3?

Allow me to render your argument null and void.

I'd take a 1 year warranty on a Toyota over a 3 year warranty on a Dodge.
It looks like reliability spills over into other American and Japanese sectors
laugh.gif

I'll address the rest of your post after I'm done studying for finals.

He isn't a troll .

He was a PlayStation & Xbox head , but Microsoft is sooooo unreliable .

His warranty is over , & his system is DONE for over an update that THEY SENT OUT!

That's complete %+$$#@++ .

It is a better system , it's made better , & I don't even have a PS3 , I have a cheap Xbox .

I could careless about you addressing the other arguments. Fact is 360 has more games, with much better replay value and online is much better. You will comeback with more BS about Blu Ray, cell, no RRoD, and whatever is the new Xbox killer fanboys are hyping now, but will do nothing.
What is it this time Heavy Rain, MAG
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Or is all hope left on God of War, GT 5 and Final Fantasy 13 versus looking better that than the 360s FF13.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Enjoy your systems, the PS3 is great, but the 360 is better for any true gamer.

Heavy Rain , Killzone 2 , & God Of War is better than the hottest games on the 360 to date . Chill .

If it was any other company , new electronics would be sent out regardless of warranty .

If Apple iPods were deading because of an iTunes update , you can guarantee your iPod will be replaced .

I don't care warranty or not , if someone didn't do anything for something to happen to it , it should be replaced .

That just makes no sense to me .

I could careless about you addressing the other arguments. Fact is 360 has more games, with much better replay value and online is much better. You will come back with more BS about Blu Ray, cell, no RRoD, and whatever is the new Xbox killer fanboys are hyping now, but will do nothing. What is it this time Heavy Rain, MAG
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Or is all hope left on God of War, GT 5 and Final Fantasy 13 versus looking better that than the 360s FF13.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i love it how 360 fanboy say xbox 360 is the game system for true gamer
laugh.gif
...it should have more game, since it been out a year longer and some of the game are retro game w/ a touch of HD color ...woooooooo HD frogger! orthose burger king game

Originally Posted by i3allistic

I could careless about you addressing the other arguments. Fact is 360 has more games, with much better replay value and online is much better. You will come back with more BS about Blu Ray, cell, no RRoD, and whatever is the new Xbox killer fanboys are hyping now, but will do nothing. What is it this time Heavy Rain, MAG
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i love it how 360 fanboy say xbox 360 is the game system for true gamer
laugh.gif
...it should have more game, since it been out a year longer and some of the game are retro game w/ a touch of HD color ...woooooooo HD frogger! or those burger king game
So one year is an excuse for PS3 not to matching the Xbox librbary 2.5 years later.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Sony made the PS3 hard to develop for and it bit them and their fans in the ##!. And Mass Effect and Gears and probably two of the best best new IPs to come out this generation and they don't like HD frogger.

sony system were never easy to program if u wanted to know ...but once the game companies get grasp on the system ...look at the games that coming for thesystem.

maybe some of the games that out on the xbox 360 library are already out on the ps2 ...r-type, frogger, pac-man,
laugh.gif
..sony probably dont wanna put a fresh coat of HD paint on old game andre-sell them to the public

I always wondered, what are these games that the 360 has that are so great. Yeah gears and halo are cool. But what else?

EXACTLY!

And you wonder why Microsoft is selling more 360s than PS3s. Its because of all these prior customers having their 360s go bust and figure its much easier andcheaper to get a newer system rather than waiting weeks and paying half of the price for them to fix it.

With the PS3, you dont hear complaints from numerous customers about their systems going bust.

QUALITY>>>>>>>>AFFORDIBILITY

Originally Posted by AirThompson

When that happened to me I . . .

purchased a new 360

switched the serial numbers

returned it.

BOOM new Xbox360

LOL I hate when people do this, I bought an XBOX that somebody did that to, had to go through hell to get a new one

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

This kid gets the point.
Classic fanboys BS. PEOPLE BOUGHT XBOX 360s TO PLAY GAMES. Not watch Blu-Ray, not to make us feel better about ourselves, not on buy one game every year to admire its graphics abut fail to acknowledge it only has 8 hours of original game play and no replay value then to go back to only playing COD 4 everyday, not to hope among a wishing star that a Japanese Company who only gives a +!$@ about only itself (not fans, consumers, developers, nobody) will one day release a game that finally justifies us spending over $400 on a PS3. Yes the hardware on the 360 is crap but the warranty is 3 damn years, 3 times longer than the PS3 ( if your PS3 bricks in year two, your SOL). Oh and finally besides a Blu Ray Player and more reliable hardware, the Xbox 360 is way better at every time else gamers and developers care about, online, games and easy to develop for.

Allow me to render your argument null and void.

I'd take a 1 year warranty on a Toyota over a 3 year warranty on a Dodge.
It looks like reliability spills over into other American and Japanese sectors
laugh.gif

I'll address the rest of your post after I'm done studying for finals.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you like first person shooters. I don't, they are redundant and repetitive.

This really deserve it's own topic but, as an aside: Why are there so many damm FPS out. Seriously, its getting old.
It seems like 10 years ago there was alot more variety on the market.

Back
Top Bottom