middle eastern food appreciation?

that stuff looks soo good everytime i see it, but i havent really eaten much of it. i need to find a legit restaurant around my way.

hummus is my *!$% tho.

now that i think of it...i live in the bay area and i NEVER seen a take out or a fast food kind of middle eastern spot...most of the middle eastern spots iveseen are always sit in kinda places. anyone know of any spots that are like take out...like the chinese food spots.

Originally Posted by 22stylez

now that i think of it...i live in the bay area and i NEVER seen a take out or a fast food kind of middle eastern spot...most of the middle eastern spots ive seen are always sit in kinda places. anyone know of any spots that are like take out...like the chinese food spots.
where do you reside in the bay?

Originally Posted by 92

now that i think of it...i live in the bay area and i NEVER seen a take out or a fast food kind of middle eastern spot...most of the middle eastern spots ive seen are always sit in kinda places. anyone know of any spots that are like take out...like the chinese food spots.
san jose kind of in between milpitas and i got cousins in campbell too

very appreciated, i wish they ahd some good spots round here, just know of one, and its goood

Originally Posted by 92

I got you
Link

Originally Posted by 92

Originally Posted by 92

I got you
Link
good lookin out homie!
pimp.gif
ima have to check this spot outwhats good here?

92 wrote:
Just ate a shawarma plate from my local middle eastern spot and I couldn't feel better. (we'll see how i feel in about 30 min when I get the %!!#*
laugh.gif
)
but nonetheless middle eastern food is def appreciated.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dca8h3.jpg

Did you get that at Zankou or another Armenian spot because those pickled beets are so distinctive.

Thanks to living in a community with lots of people from the Middle East, I have quite few friends from those cultures and because of their cultural demand forhospitality, I have been offered a lot of coffee and tea and various mezas with pita and other small meals whenever I visit them and their mom or aunt orgrandmother is at home. I have been influenced so much that when people come over, especially if they are older Middle Eastern people from the neighborhood, Ialways offer them some tea and snacks. I have also been invited to dinner with them and a couple of parties and as a guest have been offered some of thechoicest parts of the lambs they are cooking, including parts of the brain and eyes and them and over other thing odd and end of the lamb can be made good witha bit olive oil.

The food is flavorful and aside from a few fried dishes, it is usually very healthy, mostly vegetarian, often vegan, full of unsaturated fat (olive oil, nuts),high in fiber (the sauces are made from legumes or veggies), it has lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, the dairy produces like feta and labna are full ofcalcium but low in fat, soups and salads that are delicious but have few calories and even the drinks (coffee and tea) are full of antioxidants. It places withlots of seafood and where religious and/or where cultural mores encourage frequent but moderate wine drinking, it is the perfect diet for longevity.

I also like it because it good for eating in the heat of summer. When it is hot I have a weak appetite and if I was active during the heat of the day, I reallyhave almost no appetite but I can always have some dolmas or pita dipped in lanba and many other Middle Eastern dishes which are cold. The fact that manyMiddle Easterners are from some of the hottest places on Earth, the menu has plenty of dishes whose ideal temperature is cool and that sort of food is mucheasier to eat then a steaming hot bowl of soup or a piece of roast pork.

It is appreciated for many reasons.

When me and my girl went to NYC last month, we kept going to 53rd st and 6th avenue everynight. That stand is crack.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I eat this food every day at home. Ramadan is coming up, and I cannot wait to eat all my Mama's cooking and go to other people's houses for dinner invites and munch on Middle Eastern homemade food.

When the weekend comes along, this is the traditional Palestinian breakfast we eat. We make almost every single thing made in this picture.
0511breakfast2-web2.jpg

pimp.gif
Variety of food served at open and close of fasting during ramadan isalways amazing.

^
I know the first one is knafeh. Is the second one harisseh?My mom just made harisseh the other day. I like knafeh more though, but harisseh is not bad. I amactually not too much into Middle Eastern sweets. I tend to be very picky when it comes to the desserts.

My mom cooks Arabic food every single day.
smile.gif

Malubi, Warah, Mahshi, Imjadara, Bamya, Malfoof, You name it. The Middle Eastern Heads will DEF know what the hell I just typed. haha

Not traditional but something I cooked up the other day.

5108_1164089868368_1411514469_30446050_4165103_n.jpg

appreciated
pimp.gif

i only eat halal meat so whenever i go out to eat, i really have no choice but to hit a middle eastern spot but i'm not complaining
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 92

Originally Posted by 92

I got you
Link
Let me hook you up real quick. For BOMB persian food, and u can order ahead to go, theres a spot off stevenson blvd in fremont towards milpitas(right off 680) called bijan's. and since you're so close, you HAVE to know about allll the afghani restaurants in fremont? esp fremont blvd,practically nicknamed little kabul lol. Salaang and Afghan Village just to name a couple. There's also a great halal gyro spot off Mowry in Fremont &you can find a TON more spots littered all over Berkeley. urbanspoon FTW buddy
smile.gif

pimp.gif
moms cooking ftw

Falafel Drive-In was featured on the food network channel.

There are way better places to get middle eastern food in the Bay Area though.

Back
Top Bottom