Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

I would’ve scrapped any attempt at character development and redo all of it. Everything was so forced from the characters meeting all in the same place and to them being friends just like that and the campfire scene was just skippable.

Also, that scene where Kimberly was confessing that she was the meanest girl in the school can get the **** right out.

And having them wearing the colors of their power coins/ Ranger was just corny tbh.

The last 30 minutes was decent enough. Hearing that Go Go Power Rangers theme and then seeing 2/4(5**RIP Trini) members of the cast got me emotional and reminiscing my childhood.

A lot of things just wasn’t explained and I mean, the ideas was there but the execution just fell flat.

Oh yeah, I would’ve just made the actor playing Billy the Black Ranger, the Asian dude play the Yellow Ranger and one of the girls can be blue because why not.

And the obvious costume design for each Ranger and Goldar and Rita and Alpha 5 was bad.

I actually think the character development was cool. It needed more if anything else. So the main thing this movie was missing was more team development and fighting putting imo

I would’ve scrapped any attempt at character development and redo all of it. Everything was so forced from the characters meeting all in the same place and to them being friends just like that and the campfire scene was just skippable.

Also, that scene where Kimberly was confessing that she was the meanest girl in the school can get the **** right out.

And having them wearing the colors of their power coins/ Ranger was just corny tbh.

The last 30 minutes was decent enough. Hearing that Go Go Power Rangers theme and then seeing 2/4(5**RIP Trini) members of the cast got me emotional and reminiscing my childhood.

A lot of things just wasn’t explained and I mean, the ideas was there but the execution just fell flat.

Oh yeah, I would’ve just made the actor playing Billy the Black Ranger, the Asian dude play the Yellow Ranger and one of the girls can be blue because why not.

And the obvious costume design for each Ranger and Goldar and Rita and Alpha 5 was bad.

In the original series though

Just Watched It, & Honestly I Was Digging It. As Far Plot Overrall I Liked It, Some Dialogue Changes Would A Long Way, But The Story Was Cool. My Only Gripes Came With Designs Man, I Knew They Were Trash A Year Ago:smh: But Watching The Movie & Going Through All Of The Movie Only To See Them Weak *** Suits & Bum *** Zord:sick::smh:

This was good for like a hour and a half.

This was good but not very good.

I dug the training approach, the different take on the rangers; being screwups, outsiders,

My problems were how some scenes were shot like the training. In the damn caverns, putting the camera in weird places to capture these enclosed fighting areas. Then that night fight with Rita at the docks. Like why do that?

Then the mood got a bit too emo and depressing. The stakes really didn't show how dire things were for them to be so down on themselves. Then how the **** do you not perform CPR when a black man is dopped in to a water tied up left to drown? Not a single attempt :smh: :lol: Them it just got mad melodramatic after that.

Something was a bit off with the writing. Banks did what she could but I feel like they don't know how to write an evil person without making it corny. It was like they told Banks to do her best imitation of Rita from the show :lol:

The references in this were ridiculous :lol: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Bumblebee, yippe Kiya mother-, come at me bro. Writer(s) tried a bit too hard. Same with Billy's lines.

Also why was this final fight so reckless? :rofl: They were suppose to save the town not demolish it. 3rd act did play out like an episode though :lol: A reverse suplex though?

They forgot to use the classic Power Rangers theme music when the mega zord appeared too :smh:

5.7/8

Trini, Rita, and Kimberly all looked fine though.

Trini :blush:

What do you guys think it will take for MMPR to get shine? (Different movie studio picking it up, famous actors etc.)

Trini :blush:

What do you guys think it will take for MMPR to get shine? (Different movie studio picking it up, famous actors etc.)
Need to take creative control out of the hands of Saban and whatever director/studio they used

There’s no reason why you have PR seasons like Space, time Force, lost galaxy etc which show that you can do good PR with the right creatives in charge and then the garbage they’ve put out for the last decade and this movie

Also PR as an origin movie just can’t work. There’s too much to cram into a short film. The 1st PR movie worked well because it built off of the existing cast and lore and introduced new elements. They were already fighters. Already rangers etc

A movie that could work is something like the time force series. Have the other 4 be already established then the new hotshot guy comes in and has to learn. That way it’s easier to focus on 1 person and have the others as supporting cast(love interest, funny guy etc)

Hasbro purchases ownership rights to Power Rangers & more!

Hasbro and Saban Properties LLC today announced today that the companies have signed a definitive agreement for Hasbro to purchase Saban’s Power Rangers and several other entertainment brands, including My Pet Monster, Popples, Julius Jr., Luna Petunia, Treehouse Detectives and others, in a combination of cash and stock valued at $522 million.

“’Power Rangers’ is an iconic brand built on a heritage of great storytelling and merchandising with tremendous upside potential when fully executed across Hasbro’s Brand Blueprint,” said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s chairman and chief executive officer. “Shortly after entering into our licensing arrangement, it became clear that now was the time to begin investing in unlocking ‘Power Rangers’ full potential. We see significant opportunity for ‘Power Rangers’ across our entire Brand Blueprint, including toys and games, consumer products, digital gaming and entertainment, as well as geographically throughout our global retail footprint. We couldn’t be more pleased that Haim Saban will continue in a consulting role to further guide our development of this valuable property for the next generation of ‘Power Rangers’ fans.”

“25 years after launching ‘Power Rangers,’ I believe the future for this brand has never been greater,” said Haim Saban, founder of Saban Brands and creator of Power Rangers. “Hasbro’s leadership in innovation, storytelling and brand stewardship make it the perfect company to further develop the global reach and appeal of the Power Rangers property. I look forward to working with Brian and the team in the years to come.”

Created by Haim Saban and launched in 1993, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers quickly became a pop culture phenomenon. Today, Power Rangers is one of the longest running kids’ live-action series in television history with nearly 900 episodes produced to date. The TV series, currently in its 25th season with Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel, and feature films, including 2017’s movie with Lionsgate, follows the adventures of a group of ordinary teens who morph into superheroes and save the world from evil. Saban’s Power Rangers currently airs in 150 markets around the world and is translated into numerous languages.

The first set of products from Hasbro will be available in spring 2019.

Hasbro has previously paid Saban Brands $22.25 million pursuant to the Power Rangers master toy license agreement, announced by the parties in February of 2018, that was scheduled to begin in 2019. Those amounts are being credited against the purchase price. Under the terms of the purchase agreement, Hasbro will pay an additional $229.75 million in cash and will issue $270 million worth of Hasbro common stock for the Power Rangers brand and several other entertainment brands. The agreement includes all related intellectual property, category rights and content libraries owned by Saban Properties and its affiliates. The transaction is subject to a number of customary closing conditions, including obtaining required regulatory approvals, and is expected to close during the second quarter of 2018.

The transaction, including intangible amortization expense, is not expected to have a material impact on Hasbro’s 2018 results of operations.

Wow!

Yooo they gotta reboot the franchise, give us some movies, man

Hasbro :sick: there quality has completely diminished since the early 00’s. Bandai will forever have my heart and my wallet when it comes to Power Rangers.

Their SH Figuart line for Zyuranger and The Soul of Chokogin Daizyujin is one of my prize displays in my computer room

6BBD77BC-75B8-4065-ACEB-8B0A7BD08179.jpeg

Still wanting a proper display shelf to put them on but them being on my television stand is so much fun, makes me feel like a kid again. SoC Dragon Caesar drops around August and I already have it preordered. Will buy SH Figuarts Green Ranger once it comes in.

Is power rangers even still on the air right now? After the end of saturday morning cartoons it was pretty much a wrap, atleast it seemed like it

still going on nick and a new one comes out every year

movie-wise, i really wouldn't mind if they continue the last reboot, now that it is established just go from there and make the zords more robot-like and maybe less alien-like suits too

Hasbro :sick: there quality has completely diminished since the early 00’s. Bandai will forever have my heart and my wallet when it comes to Power Rangers.

Their SH Figuart line for Zyuranger and The Soul of Chokogin Daizyujin is one of my prize displays in my computer room

6BBD77BC-75B8-4065-ACEB-8B0A7BD08179.jpeg

Still wanting a proper display shelf to put them on but them being on my television stand is so much fun, makes me feel like a kid again. SoC Dragon Caesar drops around August and I already have it preordered. Will buy SH Figuarts Green Ranger once it comes in.

No Shade, But What Does Your/Any Shorties Say About Your Display?

Can’t believe we have never got a MMPR movie with the OG megazord

Hopefully Hasbro turns that around, they have 20+ years of material to work with

No Shade, But What Does Your/Any Shorties Say About Your Display?

You’d be surprised! If they are younger and born after ‘95 or so they’re kinda like “um..what’s that?” But they dig it cause it looks cool. They’re fully poseable. If they were born like in ‘90 or before...MAN! Let’s just say the pink ranger is the first figure to get picked up. Ironically she was the most expensive figure. Got her for $275

What?!? That’s how much they’ve gone up? I have them all but boxed up except for the Green & White Rangers. Each one was only like $45-55 when they came out.

Back
Top Bottom