Miguel Tejada reveals his real age...

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Albert Pujols is 28.

miyrdsai2.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I feel hella bad for Miggy. It seems like his life is in a downward spiral. He's in the steroid accusations, his brother died, and then he gets caughtabout his age. Yeah, he could have avoided 2 of the 3, but you still have to admit, it's been a hard past couple of years for the guy.

ESPN did Miggy hella dirty. A big SMH goes out to ESPN on this. Why back Tejada into a corner ON CAMERA when they could have exposed him a different route?chikickz, you question Tejada's integrity... I'll question ESPN's integrity.
smh.gif
ESPN.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Albert Pujols is 28.

he is 28..........I dont see your point?

it was kind of an inside joke...i made a thread about Pujols a while back and said that he was "only 28" and everyone laughed at me.
laugh.gif

but i'm with Ant on this one, whoever this "reporter" is, he will NEVER get another "exclusive" interview with an athlete...that wasdirty.

maybe Jim Gray was his mentor.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

waits for juilo franco interview - you know the man hit the half century mark long time ago...

I was just about to say something about that. How buddy my dad age and still playin ball, that ain't steroids that's that grown man strenf. lol.But yeah ESPN did do Tejada dirty.

greg and lebron like 33 and 35 respectively so it dont really matter ... wow just seen the interview vid and lemme just say i cant believe these athletes dontbeat the *$!+ outta these punk %*+ reporters ida knocked cuzs block off and pissed on the espn cameraman

ESPN did Tejada real dirty
smh.gif
. I lost respect with ESPNfor doing that.

Tejada was really shook
laugh.gif
like he got busted with drugs or something.

the SC interview had me rollin, but it was a total d-word move by that interviewer. Coming from a poor family, he did what he had to do to make money. It'snot as bad as that interview made it out to be

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ Wrong is wrong is wrong. No one is denying that. BUT... they could've simply approached him with the document. Instead they chosed to "set it up" to sensationalize it. Not to mention they're showing it as a top news story TODAY, when it occured TUESDAY, and it will air in it's entirety NEXT TUESDAY.

Clearly, they've made their agendas take precedent over good and decent reporting. No real writer would do that to a guy. Not a respectable one. They need to be checked on it. Period. DF!!!

Completely agree. It was disgusting move aimed to humiliate and sensationalize rather than anything to do with journalism. These people lying about theirage tend to be Spanish-speaking Caribbean players more often than not. The scouting system, corruption and lack of resources in many of those underdevelopednations has enabled this to occur. Big name teams look the other way if it means bringing a prospect over and paying him beans literally for the first fewyears. ESPN = extra, access hollywood, e!, entertainment tonight, etc

yo, i damn near fell out my chair when dude said "the dominican government"
roll.gif

dudes put in some effort with that! im lived in VA my whole life and it took me FOREVER to get a birth certificate
laugh.gif

I don't like ESPN's approach at all and I definitely feel like they sensationalize "stories" a little too much...

BUT, I'm sorry, when you lie and intentionally deceive like Tejada did/has done PLUS you're given opportunities to come clean, it can come back tohaunt you.
I don't know if I read it here but I saw that Tejada says he wanted to be honest with Houston, but he wasn't...and it probably never would've comeout on his own accord if EPSN hadn't been sneaky about it. Dude was (somewhat understandably) focused on money and a large contract, so he would'vekept this 1976 thing going until it couldn't benefit him anymore.

ddot7:
I don't like ESPN's approach at all and I definitely feel like they sensationalize "stories" a little too much...

BUT, I'm sorry, when you lie and intentionally deceive like Tejada did/has done PLUS you're given opportunities to come clean, it can come back to haunt you.
I don't know if I read it here but I saw that Tejada says he wanted to be honest with Houston, but he wasn't...and it probably never would've come out on his own accord if EPSN hadn't been sneaky about it.
And that's his right to do so. Who is ESPN to say 'No, you're not going to let you lie about this anymore. We're going to forceyou to come clean; we're cleaning out your closet for you'?

And the only reason I say that is because this issue is so insignificant right now. It matters... none. If the A's are in trouble for signing him beforethey were allowed to, then that's between Tejada, the A's, and whoever's responsible for prosecuting the A's and/or Tejada. This is too smallof a personal issue for ESPN to step in and air him out.

I completely agree with him leaving that interview, and I fully support him. Like he said, 'I'm not here to talk about personal stuff like this. Ithought we would talk baseball' (paraphrased, obviously).

Back
Top Bottom