Minor changes to the look of the board: your sig's, the left frame in threads, featured topics

my name got cut off
frown.gif

How come avatars keep disappearing for certain people, mainly those who have uploaded them onto Yuku?

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

Originally Posted by BANGINBUNDCHEN

redeem myself for what? i dont care what you posted. like i said, youll get used to the change.
Then you'll get used to the change about your username being cut off.
indifferent.gif

Dude, I am done with you. No point in arguing back and forth with a guy that finds the smallest things to pick a fight about.
laugh.gif

JR5

Good job on limiting the size on the signatures. I know this is something that has been discussed, but there needs to be some kind of constraint on the filesize of avatars. Just for the sake of consistency, if that can't be done, I suggest we resort to non-animated avatars.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Good job on limiting the size on the signatures. I know this is something that has been discussed, but there needs to be some kind of constraint on the file size of avatars. Just for the sake of consistency, if that can't be done, I suggest we resort to non-animated avatars.

Just because I can have an avatar that is animated and well within the size limits while others can't doesn't mean that we all can't have them.

I really hope they don't remove animated avatars entirely.

Maybe NT can set up a limit when uploading like other boards have. Yet I think Yuku is the one that has to do it since where you upload your avy is on yourpage and not NT.

Re: user names being cut off

I know that none of you are complaining about this, but I see your disappointment and I want to let you know that your user name was likely to shortened onezBoard as well. On ezBoard it would have looked like, "usernamelongerthanourlimi...," rather than just cutting off.

Re: avatars not displaying

Unless it was an over the limit avatar that was removed by a member of the staff, it's a Yuku bug and should be directed to their Bug Report forum (sorry,I don't have the link on my phone).

Re: a limit on the file size of avatars

It's already in place at 150,000 bytes. Just like any rule e have, you'll see violations but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable.

We won't go through the trouble of prohibiting animated .gifs because it's up to the user to stay within our limit regardless of what Yuku is doing tothe size of their file. As briannn(n?) mentioned above, many people have managed to create an animated gif that keeps within our restraints so thisshouldn't be a problem.

Probably, but that would add more space to the vertical size of the post.

I'm open to ideas that don't increase the space a post takes up in a thread.

aha! i sat and thought about it for a little while, whoevers screename is being cut off can you make the font size of the username smaller, that way you stillmaintain the space?

Im trying,
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

On ezBoard it would have looked like, "usernamelongerthanourlimi...," rather than just cutting off.
sick.gif

I don't think you'd be able to resize just a few select usernames. It's probably part of the whole format of the forum... but if it's possibleI think that can work.

Can't think of any other ways to fix it, I'm sure this conundrum will bother me until I come up with a solution, though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

aha! i sat and thought about it for a little while, whoevers screename is being cut off can you make the font size of the username smaller, that way you still maintain the space?

Im trying,
ohwell.gif

The problem here is the work it would take. Not only that, but I'm sure you'd have people stating that it isn't fair that I'm not changingtheir user name when it's the same process as reducing the font size of another user's name.
I can barely get to reported posts these days so youcan imagine the wait on changing someone's user name.

Originally Posted by yankees1129

are we liable for words like "d**k" that don't get filtered out?

All profanity is prohibited, regardless of whether or not you expected the filter to catch it for you oryou've partially edited out individual letters.

since i got you in this post holden a couple things id like to say:

+ you gotta extend that sidebar so more of peoples names can be seen. doesnt have to be drastically moved to the right but like a notch or two should do thetrick.
+ keep the 100 x 100 avys. i love it
+ fix the whole "topics stay gray" thing. it sucks for huge posts like wdywt where you never know where you left off from a previous day

The problem here is the work it would take. Not only that, but I'm sure you'd have people stating that it isn't fair that I'm not changing their user name when it's the same process as reducing the font size of another user's name.
I can barely get to reported posts these days so you can imagine the wait on changing someone's user name.

*scratches head* im out of solutions for now, lemme think and ill post up some more.
embarassed.gif
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom