misconceptions about your city

Its a segregated city
how so? i've heard it was.
i'm a red sox fan and was planning on heading out there next year for a few days to catch some games, i'm mexican but i think i could fit in since my name is irish 
laugh.gif

Different races live in different places .. ill break it down .. to the best of my knowledge :lol:

Neighborhoods of Boston

Allston- College town. Best place to live if your young.. Lots of asians but youll see everything
Back Bay- Not sure. White I'd assume
Bay Village- Never heard of it lol
Beacon Hill- I didnt know that people live there really its the "hub" area..
Brighton- Same as allston. College town. ..everything
Charlestown- Scumbag white people..not sure what else
Chinatown/Leather District- chinatown=asians id assume. not sure of leather district
Dorchester- EVERYTHING. Dorchester has 4 or 5 parts. Each part is completely different. White, black, spanish, african, cape verdean, etc
Downtown- White
East Boston- mostly spanish
Fenway Kenmore- same as brighton/allston..College town..everything
Hyde Park- Just like dorchester.. white, black, spanish, haitian, cape verdeans, africans.. etc
Jamaica Plain- Good mix of everything. I spend 95% of my time here. Theres different parts of it.. Pretty much divided white and spanish. No primarly black part. JP is crazy. One part is rich houses, another huge chunk is multi family houses where every kind of people live, and the other part is 90% spanish.. Lots of hipsters, 20 something year olds, along with families..
Mattapan- black + island
Mid Dorchester- not sure
Mission Hill- Depends on the part..mostly black
North End- Italians
Roslindale- everyone..White black spanish asian no dominant race
Roxbury- black
South Boston- white irish guys
South End- not sure i think black
West End- never heard of it
West Roxbury- this is where I live. Its almost 100% white people. Ive only known MAYBE 5 black people that have lived here lol.. Good amount of asians and a few spanish people too.

All in all Boston is VERY diverse. I'm half chilean half iranian to give an example lol. And I live in West roxbury the whitest part IMO

In the end... Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury ,and Allston/Brighton >>>

Damn that took forever

solid post. repped. learned quite a bit...:rofl: @ scumbag white people in charlestown. post is lulz.

I grew up in Boston but moved out a few years ago after getting married and having kids.
I'm white with Italian and Irish family.

I know there were a TON of racists in Boston. It's the generation before mine though, it's dying out quickly with age. I run a youth basketball league in one of the neighborhoods there and the black and spanish kids definitely act like they've encountered racism before when the first meet me, but after a while they get used to it. I hear nothing racist come from the young white kids in the league now who are all 13-16 years old, but growing up in my generation (I'm in my early 30s now) there was a lot of racism between everybody who were adults when i was a kid.
for reference the league is like 50% spanish and like 25% black 25% white.

Aside from that everyone is sports obsessed now, but i remember being one of the very few in the upper deck at Celtics games when the starting line up consisted of guys like Todd Day and Sherman Douglas, I remember sitting in the cold on the metal benches at Foxboro stadium before Gillette was built, and i know up until like 3 years ago i was one of the only guys going to Bruins games. The Success of the teams has made a lot of "lifelong" boston sports fans who couldn't tell you Michael Bishop from Marco Sturm.

Our accents are ******g obnoxious. I'm sorry. I try to control it when I travel.

If you are looking for girls here don't even bother in the summer. Great looking college girls all year, but they all go home in the summer and you're stuck with the screaming booze hags with the obnoxious accents.

The bars close at 2 am, that's true, and it's ridiculous. It's part of the fact that Massachusetts is the worst Nanny State outside of California and the gov here feels the need to tax and control every aspect of life.

Now I live in NH. We all have guns, hate taxes, and want to be left alone. It's nice.

:rofl: :rofl: not a damn given in this post, kept it mad real...

Most of the homosexuals in Atlanta aren't really from Atlanta. Your homosexuals are the "undesirables" from up north and Cali, who are looking for cheap housing and jobs.

The real natives from Atlanta reside in the east/westside communities (metro atlanta) and the men are far from homosexual.

Most of the Atlanta traffic is caused by immigrants and non natives (Northerners/ immigrants) who can't drive or aren't use to driving.
I REPEAT MOST HOMOSEXUALS IN ATLANTA ARE NOT FROM ATLANTA. THEY ARE ORIGINALLY FROM THE NORTH. THEY CAME TO ATLANTA DURING THE 1996 OLYMPICS 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LOLWUT

Last edited:
just to add to the boston misconceptions

most people with the terrible accents arent actually from boston, they are from surrounding towns/cities.And minorities dont really have an accent at all. the majority of people speak normally..

most of southie/charlsetown is nothing like those ben afleck and matt damon movies anymore. its mostly yuppie 25-45 year olds that have moved in from the burbs because they work in the city.

boston is small..very small..i dont know why people think its big..you can drive stright through in less than 10 minutes (with no traffic)

its has maybe the biggest bandwagon fans in the country...and the patriots dont play near boston. its like 45 minutes away (2 hours in traffic). espn makes it seem like its a bike ride away

and sorry oxpenguin..there arent many mexicans. ive lived here my whole life, lived with 1 in college, and still never see many of them around anywhere...we have domincans, puerto ricans amd dominicans around here. its cool though...leave some babies here and procreate. we need more.

and boston is no more racist then any other city....its america... just the way it is...i personally think theres more direct racism down south...its much more direct and blunt...

Different races live in different places .. ill break it down .. to the best of my knowledge :lol:

Neighborhoods of Boston

Allston- College town. Best place to live if your young.. Lots of asians but youll see everything
Back Bay- Not sure. White I'd assume
Bay Village- Never heard of it lol
Beacon Hill- I didnt know that people live there really its the "hub" area..
Brighton- Same as allston. College town. ..everything
Charlestown- Scumbag white people..not sure what else
Chinatown/Leather District- chinatown=asians id assume. not sure of leather district
Dorchester- EVERYTHING. Dorchester has 4 or 5 parts. Each part is completely different. White, black, spanish, african, cape verdean, etc
Downtown- White
East Boston- mostly spanish
Fenway Kenmore- same as brighton/allston..College town..everything
Hyde Park- Just like dorchester.. white, black, spanish, haitian, cape verdeans, africans.. etc
Jamaica Plain- Good mix of everything. I spend 95% of my time here. Theres different parts of it.. Pretty much divided white and spanish. No primarly black part. JP is crazy. One part is rich houses, another huge chunk is multi family houses where every kind of people live, and the other part is 90% spanish.. Lots of hipsters, 20 something year olds, along with families..
Mattapan- black + island
Mid Dorchester- not sure
Mission Hill- Depends on the part..mostly black
North End- Italians
Roslindale- everyone..White black spanish asian no dominant race
Roxbury- black
South Boston- white irish guys
South End- not sure i think black
West End- never heard of it
West Roxbury- this is where I live. Its almost 100% white people. Ive only known MAYBE 5 black people that have lived here lol.. Good amount of asians and a few spanish people too.

All in all Boston is VERY diverse. I'm half chilean half iranian to give an example lol. And I live in West roxbury the whitest part IMO

In the end... Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury ,and Allston/Brighton >>>

Damn that took forever

repped for effort and accuracy...

but im black and live in charlestown....in a condo on the water.....with the pj's 3 blocks away

Damn learning alot about Boston in here..always thought it was just a cold , racist city with alotta Irish ppl , bars and die hard sports fans..

Most of the homosexuals in Atlanta aren't really from Atlanta. Your homosexuals are the "undesirables" from up north and Cali, who are looking for cheap housing and jobs.

The real natives from Atlanta reside in the east/westside communities (metro atlanta) and the men are far from homosexual.

Most of the Atlanta traffic is caused by immigrants and non natives (Northerners/ immigrants) who can't drive or aren't use to driving.

I definitely agree the Olympics brought a lot of what you see today. But the homosexual community has always been here. Maybe not as big as it is now. Midtown has always been their area. I learned that as a kid when my mom and I use to go to the movie theatre in the area. We stopped going after it became too common seeing men kissing each other and cross dressers.

And Atlanta does have nice women. But believe me, most of the ones you see today are not from here. Some get here and love it so much that it doesn't take long before they consider themselves Ga peaches.

Last edited:

I definitely agree the Olympics brought a lot of what you see today. But the homosexual community has always been here. Maybe not as big as it is now. Midtown has always been their area. I learned that as a kid when my mom and I use to go to the movie theatre in the area. We stopped going after it became too common seeing men kissing each other and cross dressers.

And Atlanta does have nice women. But believe me, most of the ones you see today are not from here. Some get here and love it so much that it doesn't take long before they consider themselves Ga peaches.
Emphasis on that last part, sooo many bad hos have moved there and houston from Detroit, a lot of ugly ones too tho

Emphasis on that last part, sooo many bad hos have moved there and houston from Detroit, a lot of ugly ones too tho
Again, I wish you northerners and immigrants go back to where you come from. You all have reeked nothing but havoc to my city. Yall can't drive, talk too damb loud and cause nothing but confusion. Take your women too, I prefer country women. FYI you can't be a Ga peach if you AND your parents weren't born here. Go to Cali or NY with that false claiming. You'd fit in perfect there.

Again, I wish you northerners and immigrants go back to where you come from. You all have reeked nothing but havoc to my city. Yall can't drive, talk too damb loud and cause nothing but confusion. Take your women too, I prefer country women. FYI you can't be a Ga peach if you AND your parents weren't born here. Go to Cali or NY with that false claiming. You'd fit in perfect there.
Lol, I want say all that, but some of the New Yorkers here are the worst. All they do is complain about the city. I mean you think to check up on how things operate here. Not every huge or popular city operates like NY. And some definitely can't handle the women here. And when I say that I mean the women from here.

Lol, I want say all that, but some of the New Yorkers here are the worst. All they do is complain about the city. I mean you think to check up on how things operate here. Not every huge or popular city operates like NY. And some definitely can't handle the women here. And when I say that I mean the women from here.
NYC ****** do that everywhere tho..they move somewhere then complain about being there and say it aint **** compared to back home :lol:

Bunch of backwards bammas in here. There were plenty of people getting their anus stretched before the transplants came. Atlanta is a dump with no opportunity there anywhere. Glorified Delta hub. It wishes it was a major metropolitan city.

Last edited:
Atlanta is a dump with no opportunity there anywhere. Glorified Delta hub. It wishes it was a major metropolitan city.
Hmmm, guess that explains why so many people come here for jobs and cheaper living. :rolleyes

And only the people over the city are pushing for it to be a major metropolitan city. Most people of the city wish things could go back to how they were before the city began to garner so much attention.

You keep telling yourself that. People from Atlanta on here have said themselves there's no work. I kbow people who left for that reason. You do know what cheaper living correlates to right?

Last edited:
NYC ****** do that everywhere tho..they move somewhere then complain about being there and say it aint **** compared to back home
laugh.gif
They're too poor to live in their own hometown, so they go to other peoples hometowns and talk negative about it, just like some bitter bi**es. Like someone asked yall to move here lol. It's not my fault you couldn't cut it in your own hometown. 

Lol this ***** ******ed, I don't live in Atlanta idiot, i dont claim anything but my name so **** the dumb ****, what you mean go back? I wish you ******ed mfs would stop talkin reckless

Boston

Rich and racist, great city to live...this is only true if you have money and you dont live in the inner city

I live in Mattapan, and lived in Dorchester for the other 6 years. nothing rich about these areas

You keep telling yourself that. People from Atlanta on here have said themselves there's no work. I kbow people who left for that reason. You do know what cheaper living correlates to right?
Real natives from Atlanta provide their own work. My family has property and businesses all over the state not just in Atlanta. The only people looking for jobs and handouts are you immigrants, who again COULDN'T cut it in their own hometown. 

At this point there aren't many jobs, but mainly because the population has grown so much over the years. So in a way you're right, there isn't much opportunity, at this point. A few years ago, though, jobs and living cost were the top reasons people moved here.

didnt read through the thread completely, but the Boston post are pretty spot on, i lived in the city my entire life and have a very slight accent...the city is in fact extremely small and foxboro is a troop away

GuccJermaine is living proof of an out of towner piping his girl and living better than him.
laugh.gif
 last time I heard my ex babydaddy is locked up like an animal for domestic abuse against her. I highly doubt he's living better than the Guccjermaine bro. She called the cops on him lmao she never called 12 on me. She'll always love me. The out of towner is just paying for my old mistakes and she's making him pay dearly for it. So who's really living better here?

You're fuming. A degree don't mean ****. Youre easily one of the dumbest people on this site. Still laughing at there being no gays in Atlanta prior to out of towners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom