Mitt Romney on hidden camera

Well this pretty much lets us know that no matter what this fool says he is going to gain support off the fact that he's white, and they say blacks vote for Obama just because he's black.  I wonder what they have to say about this.  Nothing I sure.  FYI dude has a few grammy's under his belt.

I think someone mentioned Mitt's past where his fater needed welfare assistance, and he has said it before he is not against welfare, he understands a temporary need but it shouldn't be something people rely on forever. Its purpose is to help one transition from a troubling stage, too many oppurtunities out there to need to rely on it for more than a few years. I know I will catch flack for it, but that point is true.

I think someone mentioned Mitt's past where his fater needed welfare assistance, and he has said it before he is not against welfare, he understands a temporary need but it shouldn't be something people rely on forever. Its purpose is to help one transition from a troubling stage, too many oppurtunities out there to need to rely on it for more than a few years. I know I will catch flack for it, but that point is true.
Go to 4:14 (i'd rather you watch the entire thing)

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

All I know is that in '08, McCain chose Sarah Palin over Mitt Romney as his running mate.
Sarah. Palin.
SARAH. PALIN.
That's all I need to know about Mitt Romney.

You do realize that was a last ditch effort by the Republican party to try and sway voters. They realized they were going to lose going against Obama so they chose Palin to garner women's votes. I highly doubt McCain had much say in that decision whatsoever.

The republican response calls to mind....those new verizon ads with the LTE focus groups.  Where, after 3 visual representations of Verizon's LTE superiority the chick says, "It doesn't matter how you present it"

I mean, Ryan says, "inarticulate" and Romney said, "not elegantly stated"...am i missing something?  Is there actually a select verbiage you could employ in calling half of Americans lazy free-loaders and NOT come across as a condescending, out of touch prick.

Colbert killed that **** last night on his show with the bit with the tuxedo, cellist, and butler.  Best quote, "take these people away, they depress me so and they smell like shrimp"  
laugh.gif

But seriously, though..."not elegantly stated,"?! you've got be kidding me.

Last edited:
I listened to the audio quite a few times and I don't think what Romney said was that far off. Actually if he was candid like this more often he would have a lot better chance in this election. He was basically saying I don't have a chance with that 47% so I'm going to focus on the 5-6% of independents that can sway at any moment. I think he's correct on his observation and should direct his attention on the registered independents.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-tries-change-subject-233848226--abc-news-politics.html
[h1]Romney Tries to Change the Subject[/h1]
SALT LAKE CITY - Seeking to shift the attention away from a leaked video from a private fundraiser in which he said he doesn't have to worry about 47 percent of non-income tax paying Americans, Mitt Romney today sought to draw attention to a 1998 audio clip in which President Obama said he supports redistribution of wealth from "some" to "the others."

"The president's view is one of larger government, there's a tape that came out today where the president's saying he likes redistribution," said Romney during an interview with Fox News' Neil Cavuto, the candidate's first interview since the leaked videos showed Romney referring to 47 percent of the American people who feel "entitled" and who are "dependent" on government.

"I disagree," said Romney on the issue of redistribution. "I think a society based upon a government centered nation where government plays a larger and larger role, redistributes money, that's the wrong course for America."

Romney was referring to an audio clip of then-Sen. Barack Obama's speech at a conference at Loyola University in 1998. Obama said at the time that he thinks he does "believe in redistribution."

"I think the trick is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources and hence facilitate some redistribution, because I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level, to make sure everybody's got a shot," Obama said at the time.

The audio file was posted on the conservative website The Drudge Report, which is run by Matt Drudge, a close friend of Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades, under the headline "Revealed."

Romney used the audio to try and paint Obama as someone who supports the government taking "from some" to "give to the others," dubbing it an "entirely foreign concept."

Asked by Fox News' Cavuto if he was concerned he may have lost the electorate with his remarks at the fundraiser, Romney defended his argument.

"I recognize that those people who are not paying income tax are saying, gosh, this provision that Mitt keeps talking about, lowering income taxes, that's not going to be real attractive to them and those that are dependent upon government and those that think that government's job is to redistribute, I'm not going to get them," said Romney.

"I know there's a divide in the country about that view. I know that some believe that government should take from some and give to the others. I think the president makes it clear in the tape that was released today that that's what he believes," Romney added.

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt fired back.

"The Romney campaign is so desperate to change the subject that they've gone back to the failed playbook co-authored by Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber. Fourteen years ago, then-Senator Obama was making an argument for a more efficient, more effective government - specifically citing city government agencies that he didn't think were working effectively," LaBolt said. "He believed then, and believes now, that there are steps we can take to promote opportunity and ensure that all Americans have a fair shot if they work hard. Unlike Governor Romney, he doesn't believe that if you're a student who applies for a loan you're looking for a handout."
Romney keeps digging his own hole
laugh.gif
You're going to revisit a clip from 14 years ago? 14 years?

I listened to the audio quite a few times and I don't think what Romney said was that far off. Actually if he was candid like this more often he would have a lot better chance in this election. He was basically saying I don't have a chance with that 47% so I'm going to focus on the 5-6% of independents that can sway at any moment. I think he's correct on his observation and should direct his attention on the registered independents.

Bless your heart.

The media had a field day yesterday and rightfully so. This is the most blatant case of a presidential candidate sabotaging his own race that I can recall.

Colbert and, especially, Stewart roasted him into oblivion.

My quoting is acting up but @Ayodude

It didn't necessarily but here's his quote: "There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government is responsible for them, who believe they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what... These are people who pay no income tax... my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Now if he'd left it here: "There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him" then it'd be alllll cool because thats truth....the way his statement is laid out is that these 47% of people who vote for Obama because they agree with his policies are: "dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government is responsible for them, who believe they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what... These are people who pay no income tax... my job is not to worry about those people"

Like he tried to classify Obama supporters as govnt freeloaders, while intertwining that with the statement that 47% of Americans pay no income tax, mind you 20% have retired and have paid into that tax for 40yrs of their life, war vets, kids like me in college who need grants/loans to afford a quality education in addition to scholarship money, as well as people who literally live in poverty who can't and don't meet requirements to pay it....his whole sentiment is absolutely ridiculous here. The notion that "My job is not to worry about those people" Cmon man....you are trying to be PRESIDENT of the USA, not of the 53% who fit your odd logic about legit taxes. That statement is so out of touch along with many others from that video that he looks like an arrogant prick, who in no way is fit to lead a country full of individuals in a myriad of social and economic classes. There's a reason a lot of Republican senators (Scott Brown, Linda McMahon, and even Chris Christie himself) are getting as faaaaaar away from that statement as they can :smh:

You left off the part where he condescendingly generalized "I'm not going to convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," effectively calling them moochers, and continuing to assert they are "dependant on Government."

Yes, it is established he is correct that 46% of Americans don't pay federal income tax (they still pay state, property taxes and sales tax though). However, it has been proven that the majority are the Elderly, people who make under the tax threshhold of 20k, vets, and college students. Moochers? Not entirely. He isn't even correct in his assumption the 47% guaranteed to vote for Obama and the 47% who don't pay income tax, are the same people.

And the more you research into it, besides the fact of his own Dad being on welfare for yrs, or that the states that recieve the most Government aid tend to be Southern states that vote GOP (and thus he is condescendingly putting down a good amount of his own base), or the "joke" that he would be better off being Latino because apparently they don't fully comprehend campaign issues but would vote for him just because of his being Latino, it's a fail all around.

Hell, he has people in his own party calling him out on the comments. This is what David Brooks said

"Sure, there are some government programs that cultivate patterns of dependency in some people. I'd put federal disability payments and unemployment insurance in this category. But, as a description of America today, Romney's comment is a country-club fantasy. It's what self-satisfied millionaires say to each other. It reinforces every negative view people have about Romney," Brooks wrote. "He's running a depressingly inept presidential campaign. Mr. Romney, your entitlement reform ideas are essential, but when will the incompetence stop?"

Bill Kristol

"It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November (unless he chooses to step down and we get the Ryan-Rubio ticket we deserve!). But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Romney's comments, like those of Obama four years ago, are stupid and arrogant

or the "joke" that he would be better off being Latino because apparently they don't fully comprehend campaign issues but would vote for him just because of his being Latino, it's a fail all around.

That's another par tof the video that I don't think has been brought to much attention as of yet, but for a guy like Romney that is already behind 3 to 1 to Obama in the Latino community this statement by him certainly does not help matters, it only makes things worse.

you crack me up with that, Champ. haha

Thanks champ :D

I'd like to hear some opinions on the Khalidi tape.

How do you guy think it would effect Obama's campaign if it got out somehow.

The whole "secret recording" thing is fascinating to me.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the Khalidi tape.
How do you guy think it would effect Obama's campaign if it got out somehow.
The whole "secret recording" thing is fascinating to me.

Very little... Because it will be passed off as he was a professor at the school I taught at. It was professional courtesy.

You left off the part where he condescendingly generalized "I'm not going to convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," effectively calling them moochers, and continuing to assert they are "dependant on Government."
Yes, it is established he is correct that 46% of Americans don't pay federal income tax (they still pay state, property taxes and sales tax though). However, it has been proven that the majority are the Elderly, people who make under the tax threshhold of 20k, vets, and college students. Moochers? Not entirely. He isn't even correct in his assumption the 47% guaranteed to vote for Obama and the 47% who don't pay income tax, are the same people.
And the more you research into it, besides the fact of his own Dad being on welfare for yrs, or that the states that recieve the most Government aid tend to be Southern states that vote GOP (and thus he is condescendingly putting down a good amount of his own base), or the "joke" that he would be better off being Latino because apparently they don't fully comprehend campaign issues but would vote for him just because of his being Latino, it's a fail all around.
Hell, he has people in his own party calling him out on the comments. This is what David Brooks said
"Sure, there are some government programs that cultivate patterns of dependency in some people. I'd put federal disability payments and unemployment insurance in this category. But, as a description of America today, Romney's comment is a country-club fantasy. It's what self-satisfied millionaires say to each other. It reinforces every negative view people have about Romney," Brooks wrote. "He's running a depressingly inept presidential campaign. Mr. Romney, your entitlement reform ideas are essential, but when will the incompetence stop?"
Bill Kristol
"It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November (unless he chooses to step down and we get the Ryan-Rubio ticket we deserve!). But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Romney's comments, like those of Obama four years ago, are stupid and arrogant

On top of that, this fool invests his money in the Cayman islands and won't release his tax returns so he's the one freeloading.

Back
Top Bottom