MLB 2011 Predictions Vol Phillies vs Red Sox?

Lets get it...again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The Angels, I'm missing the hype on them ENTIRELY... How are they better? Vernon Wells? LOL.

Scott Podsednik to the rescue?

Scott Podsednik can go die a slow death. #stillpissed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The Angels, I'm missing the hype on them ENTIRELY... How are they better? Vernon Wells? LOL.

Scott Podsednik to the rescue?

Scott Podsednik can go die a slow death. #stillpissed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Originally Posted by LB510

venom lyrix wrote:
2. How the hell are people picking the A's to win the AL West? Besides being Homers...that team has young pitching and no offense...
They have very good young pitching. I think it may be 2nd best some may say second best in the AL west. I think the Rangers will take a step back and the Angles will be much improved. 85-87 wins wins that division. 
Exactly. IMO they are the AL version of the Giants, and well... We know how they turned out.

How can you compare the A's to the Giants when the Giants had bats like Posey, Sandoval, Huff...the A's most dangerous hitter is Daric Barton and Kurt Suzuki...

Plus...Lincy, Cain, Zito, Sanchez, Bumgardner > Cahill, Brett Anderson (injury concern) Rich Harden (injury concern) Gio Gonzalez, and whoever #5 is for them. Cahill is the man, no doubt he had an amazing year, but the rest are young and question marks.

AND

the biggest addition the A's made so far this offseason was Brian Fuentes and Hideki Matsui

Posey didn't even start the year with them. You never know what can happen with the A's farm system. I didn't mean they are a carbon copy of the Giants, but they have the great young pitching and the Giants also had questions at the beginning of the year about their offense. Pablo is decent, but he's not a feared hitter.

venom lyrix wrote:
2. How the hell are people picking the A's to win the AL West? Besides being Homers...that team has young pitching and no offense...
They have very good young pitching. I think it may be 2nd best some may say second best in the AL west. I think the Rangers will take a step back and the Angles will be much improved. 85-87 wins wins that division. 
Exactly. IMO they are the AL version of the Giants, and well... We know how they turned out.

How can you compare the A's to the Giants when the Giants had bats like Posey, Sandoval, Huff...the A's most dangerous hitter is Daric Barton and Kurt Suzuki...

Plus...Lincy, Cain, Zito, Sanchez, Bumgardner > Cahill, Brett Anderson (injury concern) Rich Harden (injury concern) Gio Gonzalez, and whoever #5 is for them. Cahill is the man, no doubt he had an amazing year, but the rest are young and question marks.

AND

the biggest addition the A's made so far this offseason was Brian Fuentes and Hideki Matsui

Posey didn't even start the year with them. You never know what can happen with the A's farm system. I didn't mean they are a carbon copy of the Giants, but they have the great young pitching and the Giants also had questions at the beginning of the year about their offense. Pablo is decent, but he's not a feared hitter.

venom lyrix wrote:

AND

Easy...they came in second place last season.  They improved the offense and the YOUNG pitchers have another year of experience under their belt.  That along with the other teams in the division staying put or not making major moves to put them clearly ahead of any other team make them a dark horse next season.  Sandoval?
nerd.gif

venom lyrix wrote:

AND

Easy...they came in second place last season.  They improved the offense and the YOUNG pitchers have another year of experience under their belt.  That along with the other teams in the division staying put or not making major moves to put them clearly ahead of any other team make them a dark horse next season.  Sandoval?
nerd.gif

AL West: Rangers
AL Central: Twins
AL East: Red Sox
AL Wildcard: Yankees

NL West: Giants
NL Central: Reds
NL East: Braves
NL Wildcard: Rockies

ALDS: Red Sox over Twins, Yankees over Rangers
NLDS: Giants over Reds, Braves over Rockies
ALCS: Red Sox over Yankees
NLCS: Giants over Braves

WS: Red Sox over Giants

AL West: Rangers
AL Central: Twins
AL East: Red Sox
AL Wildcard: Yankees

NL West: Giants
NL Central: Reds
NL East: Braves
NL Wildcard: Rockies

ALDS: Red Sox over Twins, Yankees over Rangers
NLDS: Giants over Reds, Braves over Rockies
ALCS: Red Sox over Yankees
NLCS: Giants over Braves

WS: Red Sox over Giants

World Series: Yanks vs Phillies

Champs: Yanks

AL MVP: Cano
NL MVP Tulowitski (sp?)

AL Cy Young: Sabathia
NL Cy Young: Halladay

World Series: Yanks vs Phillies

Champs: Yanks

AL MVP: Cano
NL MVP Tulowitski (sp?)

AL Cy Young: Sabathia
NL Cy Young: Halladay

Originally Posted by Proshares

Back when the A's were winning division titles they had power in the lineup and guys who could get on base. They have one big OBP and a bunch of hitters who struggle in that park. They'll compete for sure but that pitching will only take them so far. Now if Brett Anderson gives you 30 starts...
How can you say we have "a bunch of hitters who struggle in that park"?

Guys from last year:

-Crisp had a good year, the park didn't effect his game much if at all
-Barton is that OBP machine
-Suzuki is a decently hitting catcher
-Ellis will give you AVERAGE 2B numbers
-we all know Kouz sucks.
-Pennington did well last year, and he can still improve.

New guys:
 -Matsui is old, but will at least match or do better than what Cust did last year at that position (with a lot less K's).
-Dejesus is a MONSTER improvment over the guys we had out there last year (Conor Jackson, Jeremy Hermida, Rajai Davis, Matt Carson, Matt Watson). This is a guy who actually deserves to be in the big leagues, other than these AAAA guys we had out there last year.
-Willingham is a legit hitter, there's not much else to say about him. I'm not worried about his production at all, I see him matching all of his career splits this year. Between him and Dejesus, that's probably a good 6 WAR at those positions compared to last year, not even exaggerating.

AND

Man, it just seems like you don't even know what you're talking about now. A bat like Sandoval? Panda was CRAP last year, and Posey came up in the middle of the season.

Harden won't even make the rotation, maybe not even the team. Our rotation will be Anderson, Cahill, Gonzalez, Braden, and someone out of Tyson Ross/Josh Outman/Brandon McCarthy. Top 5 rotation, average age of about 25? [GOB Bluth] COME ON! [/GOB Bluth]

Matsui wasn't even our biggest hitting addition, I'd say he's behind Willingham and even Dejesus.

Add in that our defense is damn near impeccable.

Meanwhile, nobody else in our division (which we came in 2nd last year, btw) got any better, and probably got worse. If you think we're crazy for thinking we have a serious chance at taking this division (sans injuries), you have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Back when the A's were winning division titles they had power in the lineup and guys who could get on base. They have one big OBP and a bunch of hitters who struggle in that park. They'll compete for sure but that pitching will only take them so far. Now if Brett Anderson gives you 30 starts...
How can you say we have "a bunch of hitters who struggle in that park"?

Guys from last year:

-Crisp had a good year, the park didn't effect his game much if at all
-Barton is that OBP machine
-Suzuki is a decently hitting catcher
-Ellis will give you AVERAGE 2B numbers
-we all know Kouz sucks.
-Pennington did well last year, and he can still improve.

New guys:
 -Matsui is old, but will at least match or do better than what Cust did last year at that position (with a lot less K's).
-Dejesus is a MONSTER improvment over the guys we had out there last year (Conor Jackson, Jeremy Hermida, Rajai Davis, Matt Carson, Matt Watson). This is a guy who actually deserves to be in the big leagues, other than these AAAA guys we had out there last year.
-Willingham is a legit hitter, there's not much else to say about him. I'm not worried about his production at all, I see him matching all of his career splits this year. Between him and Dejesus, that's probably a good 6 WAR at those positions compared to last year, not even exaggerating.

AND

Man, it just seems like you don't even know what you're talking about now. A bat like Sandoval? Panda was CRAP last year, and Posey came up in the middle of the season.

Harden won't even make the rotation, maybe not even the team. Our rotation will be Anderson, Cahill, Gonzalez, Braden, and someone out of Tyson Ross/Josh Outman/Brandon McCarthy. Top 5 rotation, average age of about 25? [GOB Bluth] COME ON! [/GOB Bluth]

Matsui wasn't even our biggest hitting addition, I'd say he's behind Willingham and even Dejesus.

Add in that our defense is damn near impeccable.

Meanwhile, nobody else in our division (which we came in 2nd last year, btw) got any better, and probably got worse. If you think we're crazy for thinking we have a serious chance at taking this division (sans injuries), you have no idea what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom