MLB 2011 Predictions Vol Phillies vs Red Sox?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Everyone is quick to crown Boston, but I have my doubts. I do think they'll win the East, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dog fight, and NY came out on top. Few things to note:

As someone said, Burnett is in line for a bounce back year. Anyone who knows anything about pitching knows it's mental with him, his stuff is still nasty, and that curve is still one of the best in the majors.
Josh Beckett has lost it.
Montero is a blue-chip bat, and will be in the lineup from game 1.
Can Bucholz repeat last year's performance?
Jeter likely won't have as bad a year as he did last year.
Full year of Granderson after Long tinkered with his swing.
Crawford is good, but his impact will be muted by the monster in left, where he's playing everything off the wall instead of putting his best skill to use, his range.

AL East: BoSox
West: Rangers
Central: Tigers
WC: Yanks

NL East: Phils
West: Dodgers
Central: Brewers
WC: Braves

WS: Yanks over Braves (before you post all the
roll.gif
ask yourself how many people predicted Giants over Rangers)

i was with you until you said Dodgers 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I think you guys are really overestimating the Phillies offense. As great as their pitching is, I think that offense will cause problems. I could see the Cards or the Giants beating them TBH.

Pitching wins championships, and they have the best rotation BY FAR. With bats like Victorino, Utley, Howard, Rollins, Ibanez, Ruiz they are going to be the toughest team in the NL to beat.

I think you guys are really overestimating the Phillies offense. As great as their pitching is, I think that offense will cause problems. I could see the Cards or the Giants beating them TBH.

Pitching wins championships, and they have the best rotation BY FAR. With bats like Victorino, Utley, Howard, Rollins, Ibanez, Ruiz they are going to be the toughest team in the NL to beat.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I could see it.

I could also be letting my hate for the Phillies blind me
laugh.gif

Aren't you a Yanks fan? Why the hell you hate Philly? Oh wait, nevermind, you, still mad about ole Cliffy. haha

Nevermind the 09 World Series when the Rollins ran his mouth, that's enough to make me hate that team.  And yea, I'm still pissed about Cliff Lee going there why the hell wouldn't I be?

Plus, I'm a die hard Devils fan so my hate for Philadelphia as a whole has been there for a long time.  Made it all the easier to not like the Phillies during the WS.

Another stellar post from you in your few months on a new SN.  Like I said before:

Baseball season, the time when some of the duller knives show their faces.  Can't wait.

LOL who is this clown cosmic??

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I could see it.

I could also be letting my hate for the Phillies blind me
laugh.gif

Aren't you a Yanks fan? Why the hell you hate Philly? Oh wait, nevermind, you, still mad about ole Cliffy. haha

Nevermind the 09 World Series when the Rollins ran his mouth, that's enough to make me hate that team.  And yea, I'm still pissed about Cliff Lee going there why the hell wouldn't I be?

Plus, I'm a die hard Devils fan so my hate for Philadelphia as a whole has been there for a long time.  Made it all the easier to not like the Phillies during the WS.

Another stellar post from you in your few months on a new SN.  Like I said before:

Baseball season, the time when some of the duller knives show their faces.  Can't wait.

LOL who is this clown cosmic??

2 points...

1. Fantasy Baseball is officially back on YAHOO!

2. How the hell are people picking the A's to win the AL West? Besides being Homers...that team has young pitching and no offense...

2 points...

1. Fantasy Baseball is officially back on YAHOO!

2. How the hell are people picking the A's to win the AL West? Besides being Homers...that team has young pitching and no offense...

Originally Posted by LB510

roll.gif
Dodgers winning the west? 
laugh.gif
 The Giants and Rockies will be battling it out. I think Dodgers end up finishing 4th
As far as the Braves as the wild card I think there is a slightly better chance that it comes out of the NL Central. The Reds took everyone by surprise last year and I think they will come back down to earth. I think the Cardinals pitching will take carry them and I see a dog fight between The Brewers and Cards much like others see between the Yanks and Sox's.

laugh.gif
 Knew a Giants fan would call me out, and it was an absolute toss up for me. I really think it's between SF, LA, and COl, with even ARI making some noise. As crazy as an LA pick sounds, how many people were picking SF to win the division last year, let alone win the WS?
At the end of the day, when you're trying to predict these division winners, it's all about which players you think will have great years, which players you think will bounce back, and which players you think will regress. I think Coletti did what he could given the FO situation, and made some underrated moves to assemble a solid pitching staff. I also see a great bounce back year out of Matt Kemp. At the same time, I see a lot of those hitters that came through for SF in the post-season regressing to their career averages, a 34 year old Aubrey Huff most notably. 

Originally Posted by LB510

roll.gif
Dodgers winning the west? 
laugh.gif
 The Giants and Rockies will be battling it out. I think Dodgers end up finishing 4th
As far as the Braves as the wild card I think there is a slightly better chance that it comes out of the NL Central. The Reds took everyone by surprise last year and I think they will come back down to earth. I think the Cardinals pitching will take carry them and I see a dog fight between The Brewers and Cards much like others see between the Yanks and Sox's.

laugh.gif
 Knew a Giants fan would call me out, and it was an absolute toss up for me. I really think it's between SF, LA, and COl, with even ARI making some noise. As crazy as an LA pick sounds, how many people were picking SF to win the division last year, let alone win the WS?
At the end of the day, when you're trying to predict these division winners, it's all about which players you think will have great years, which players you think will bounce back, and which players you think will regress. I think Coletti did what he could given the FO situation, and made some underrated moves to assemble a solid pitching staff. I also see a great bounce back year out of Matt Kemp. At the same time, I see a lot of those hitters that came through for SF in the post-season regressing to their career averages, a 34 year old Aubrey Huff most notably. 

Anyone wanna make some bets? for anyone who gets correct record,Division winners,Wilcard,playoff matchups,WS and the WS champ?

Here are mine again

Divisions
AL East: Sox 101-61 
pimp.gif

AL West: Angels 92-70
AL Central: Twins 95-67

AL Wildcard: Yanks 93-69
grin.gif

NL East: Phillies 104-57
NL West: Rockies 91-71
NL Central: Cardinals 96-66

NL Wildcard:Braves 90-72

ALDS: Sox over Twins 3-1,Angels over Yanks 3-2
pimp.gif

NLDS: Phillies over Cardinals 3-2,Braves over Rockies 3-0

ALCS: Sox over Angels 4-2 
pimp.gif

NLCS: Braves over Phillies 4-3

WS: Sox over Braves 4-1
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope I'm right . Gonna be an interesting season that's for sure.

Anyone wanna make some bets? for anyone who gets correct record,Division winners,Wilcard,playoff matchups,WS and the WS champ?

Here are mine again

Divisions
AL East: Sox 101-61 
pimp.gif

AL West: Angels 92-70
AL Central: Twins 95-67

AL Wildcard: Yanks 93-69
grin.gif

NL East: Phillies 104-57
NL West: Rockies 91-71
NL Central: Cardinals 96-66

NL Wildcard:Braves 90-72

ALDS: Sox over Twins 3-1,Angels over Yanks 3-2
pimp.gif

NLDS: Phillies over Cardinals 3-2,Braves over Rockies 3-0

ALCS: Sox over Angels 4-2 
pimp.gif

NLCS: Braves over Phillies 4-3

WS: Sox over Braves 4-1
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope I'm right . Gonna be an interesting season that's for sure.

I think those win totals are kinda high. More balanced teams in the league this year. I think 100 wins for any team is a pretty big reach. Every division isn't that bad top to bottom. O's, Royals/Indians, Mets, Pirates/Astros, M's, Pads/D'backs/Dodgers are all going to be tough games/outs for the upper teams in the division.

I think those win totals are kinda high. More balanced teams in the league this year. I think 100 wins for any team is a pretty big reach. Every division isn't that bad top to bottom. O's, Royals/Indians, Mets, Pirates/Astros, M's, Pads/D'backs/Dodgers are all going to be tough games/outs for the upper teams in the division.

I was thinking that they were pretty low 
laugh.gif
. I put the record of the teams that I see making the playoffs and you need a pretty good record to make the playoffs 
laugh.gif

I think that if the Phillies stay healthy,they'll be able to win a BUNCH of game with their pitching alone. Add their offense to that and I see them having the best record in the league and winning 100+ games. 

I also see my Sox winning a bunch of games
pimp.gif
.....I hope 
ohwell.gif

I was thinking that they were pretty low 
laugh.gif
. I put the record of the teams that I see making the playoffs and you need a pretty good record to make the playoffs 
laugh.gif

I think that if the Phillies stay healthy,they'll be able to win a BUNCH of game with their pitching alone. Add their offense to that and I see them having the best record in the league and winning 100+ games. 

I also see my Sox winning a bunch of games
pimp.gif
.....I hope 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

if the Astros finish higher than 5th ill be happy
laugh.gif
id feel that way too if i just won the SB....actually no, i wouldn't. baseball season is looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggg
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

if the Astros finish higher than 5th ill be happy
laugh.gif
id feel that way too if i just won the SB....actually no, i wouldn't. baseball season is looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggg
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom