** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Johjima uses a red mitt as well (though not as bright)... and didn't Shinjo used to have those bright-orange gloves and wristbands? how about Kaz Matsui?seems like most of the JPN players like the flamboyant look...

well ive been looking at some japanese and chinese nike gear and most of there mitts have red, orange or gold on them
so that could be why.

Today on Uni Watch, Bryan complained about howsome teams go through the effort of acquiring historically accurate uni's for throwback games but fail to purchase helmets to complete the effect. Whilethat's a solid argument, I have a different gripe about throwback games... the cleats.

I realize that guys can't wear the old leather-soled cleats of the good ol' days, but the least they can do is wear aconservative, low-top cleat like the Zoom Clippers for throwback games, or at least a non-flashy mid. Wearing something like Huaraches with stirrups and athrowback uni looks ridiculous. Case and point:

Scott Feldman, looking decent...

Josh Hamilton, looking outrageous.

On the other side of the diamond in the Rangers-A's game...

Huston Street, looking solid...

Bobby Crosby, looking even better (how could you not show off those stripes?)

...and then the ridiculous...

THE BIG HURT
laugh.gif

Nice going, Frank.

Nothing terribly special on the PE front today, but here's what I got...

Jose Lopez Fuse PE (we've seen the white/black home pair, but this is the first I've seen of his away kicks)

Scott Kazmir Fuse PE/ID (can't tell if those are navy accents or not)

Ryan Howard's PE (same pair he normally wears, but with blue accents... presumably to match the alternate uni)

Giambi Reebok Vero PE (same boring pair... but this is first time I've seen the skull and crossbones on the tongue)

...and finally, this isn't a PE, but...

I just noticed that Ben Sheets is still wearing the old Zoom Respect model.

This is a first in my book
Scott Podsednik rocking the Ringor Diamond Streaks

6d82b2bb9ae20e3304a7c34fe6bb4f56-getty-80310606dp019_los_angeles_d.jpg

They are big in the softball market but very rarely seen in the baseball diamond. However there website offers some nice baseball options. Something about theclassics spikes catches my eye. Definitely not your flashy style like the big brands but nice and simple.

Here is a link for those interested.
https://www.ringor.com/pc/merch.asp?fid=3

Originally Posted by swingmanike

This is a first in my book
Scott Podsednik rocking the Ringor Diamond Streaks

6d82b2bb9ae20e3304a7c34fe6bb4f56-getty-80310606dp019_los_angeles_d.jpg

They are big in the softball market but very rarely seen in the baseball diamond. However there website offers some nice baseball options. Something about the classics spikes catches my eye. Definitely not your flashy style like the big brands but nice and simple.

Here is a link for those interested.
https://www.ringor.com/pc/merch.asp?fid=3

Posted a while back but still very interesting. Another NTer dropped some knowledge on them. I had a pair of Ringors back in the day and loved them.

I wonder if anyone will ever wear an all black pair of spikes again? They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. They even sold pairs on eastbayfor a while. Reebok sold some and Nike sold a clipper version. They look awesome with the home White Sox uni's.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

...and finally, this isn't a PE, but...

I just noticed that Ben Sheets is still wearing the old Zoom Respect model.
WOW!!! I have had that shoe for over 5 years now. I just grabbed another brand new pair off ebay with black/red paton, but they dont fit.

anyone have pics of sheff wearing them in NY with black/navy paton? someone dig it up...please!!!
happy.gif

also, Longoria was wearing black Bg's last night with nothing on them, looked like a stretchy material. Can anyone help uncover this mystery?

Originally Posted by doogie24

WOW!!! I have had that shoe for over 5 years now. I just grabbed another brand new pair off ebay with black/red paton, but they dont fit.

anyone have pics of sheff wearing them in NY with black/navy paton? someone dig it up...please!!!
happy.gif

also, Longoria was wearing black Bg's last night with nothing on them, looked like a stretchy material. Can anyone help uncover this mystery?

Sheff didn't wear those much in New York... he wore them in Atlanta, but if my memory serves me right, he only wore them for the first half of his firstseason in with the Yanks. Anyways, here's the only pic I could find of him wearing them as a Yankee...

As for Longoria, I couldn't find many pics of himfrom the last few days, but I dug this one up...

Judging from that, they've gotta be Neumann's tacktified batting gloves. If they were all black and/or logo-less, he probably just ripped off /blacked out the logo.

They've changed a little bit over the years, but they've all had that striped wrist band that Longoria's gloves have above.

Check out the coach, #86, at the far left of the congratulatory line. He appears to be wearing the new trainer from Under Armour.

I don't like them one bit, but someone from the capital region, where UA is enormous, is interesting. Especially since this coach has been wearing themfor some time before the May 3, release date!

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Originally Posted by doogie24

happy.gif

Sheff didn't wear those much in New York... he wore them in Atlanta, but if my memory serves me right, he only wore them for the first half of his first season in with the Yanks. Anyways, here's the only pic I could find of him wearing them as a Yankee...

As for Longoria, I couldn't find many pics of him from the last few days, but I dug this one up...

Judging from that, they've gotta be Neumann's tacktified batting gloves. If they were all black and/or logo-less, he probably just ripped off / blacked out the logo.

They've changed a little bit over the years, but they've all had that striped wrist band that Longoria's gloves have above.
I was a big fan of Neumann's receiver's gloves throughout High School and College. Many of the big Division 1-A schools were given SchoolExclusive versions during the mid to late 90's.

Notice the ND on the velcro strap of Lee Becton's gloves. By the way, the FSU LB, #10, tackling Mr. Becton is none other than Derrick Brooks of theBuccaneers!

1784385.jpg

And another more clear shot of the white/black thumb version!
495752.jpg

Here is a black version on Mr. Becton, as well as the older version worn by the bad guys at BC.
A day that will forever live in infamy!!!

1129_large.jpg

And in the pic below, I apologize for the poor quality,
I don't have a scanner here at work, is a lesser known,
albeit just as electrifying collegiate running back,
wearing a very non-exclusive pair of said gloves circa 1998.

I apologize for the Non-Baseball digression...Now back to baseball:
This fellas look bothers me on so many levels!
1. I love ink, but not on the baseball diamond.
2. I am a HUGE fan of accentuating the secondary color, but go with the red cleats!
3. 2k5's are way too clunky to be worn as baseball cleats, I'm sorry!

On par with statement #3 above, these shoes have got to go!!!
I am in love with the unis though!

Actually his spikes should be BLACK. There were no red spikes in 1968.
He should have broken out these

14802001_z.jpg

swingmanike wrote:

Interesting Verdero Bat
Yeah the look has to go. The cleats and bg's should have been red

Originally Posted by swingmanike

Interesting Verdero Bat
Yeah the look has to go. The cleats and bg's should have been red.

I got a chance to swing a Verdero bat yesterday for the first time. Im a big fan. I loved the way it felt and how the ball came off the bat. I definitelyrecommend them.

*YAWN* I know it's another huarache 2k4 PE, but here's Moises Alou. I haven't seen this edition with the grey toe and heel. He still has the blueand orange accents too.

0a259c09f38e0bb648cd3f68e91bb4df-getty-80310425lb009_new_york_mets.jpg

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

*YAWN* I know it's another huarache 2k4 PE, but here's Moises Alou. I haven't seen this edition with the grey toe and heel. He still has the blue and orange accents too.

0a259c09f38e0bb648cd3f68e91bb4df-getty-80310425lb009_new_york_mets.jpg
The fill color within the swoosh has no business being white. It most defintely should be grey or blue and not the silver that appears on the heelcounter of Moises right shoe!

Back
Top Bottom