** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

laugh.gif
Then allow me to rephrase...

I'm guessing that those are Mother's Day batting gloves?
You arent too good at the guessing either...

Im guessing some cleats that are going to be used this sunday and later going to be auctioned off with the earning being donated to a cancer foundation.

^ I was thinking they might be cleats, but I don't think that's ever been done... that'd be interesting.

And on an unrelated note... we've surpassed 1000 posts in this thread. Thanks to everyone who has helped make this a great thread!

ok guys sorry im a little later than i wanted to be with this post. but, i was watching the red sox-tigers game last night and there was a great close up ofdaisuke's new sig's. so, because i have dvr a paused and rewinded. check em out

and since some of you guys wanted to see what cleats we are wearing this year i figured i would contribute. my season is over sadly and i didnt take picturesof these whenever i got them so i just cleaned them up at the end of the season and took pics. they are shox fuse id with baby blue around the check. the blueis a little darker now because of the dirt

Many of you inquired concerning my Pujols 5-Tool MCS cleats from Sports Authority.
Usually, I would just PM you in return, but since it was a number of you, I will "damage" 10 birds with one stone!

Here is the production info from the box:

Ane yes, masters of the obvious: I know that I have small feet!

Back on the last page, the subject of the old Zoom Respect came up with Ben Sheets. I'd just like to add that I just played my second year in a pair i gotoff ebay and they are SOO comfortable.

On another note, I really want a pair of Air Zoom Threat SP lows. My favorite cleat ever. Anyone ever wear those? Size 10 or 10.5 please : )

Can anyone identify what Jermaine Dye is wearing? They look promising.
Whoa... good spot, Fear. Here's a bigger pic:

There's a 5-Tool Vis-Zoom midsole and MCS outsole on them, and that looks like a modified Superbad football upper...

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Can anyone identify what Jermaine Dye is wearing? They look promising.
Whoa... good spot, Fear. Here's a bigger pic:

There's a 5-Tool Vis-Zoom midsole and MCS outsole on them, and that looks like a modified Superbad football upper...

Thanks Mark! They look nice w/ the White Sox home uniform. I wouldn't wear them but cool that Jermaine wears them.

DAMN those look great. As obviously seen those can easily make the transition to a baseball cleats. It probably would have looked better with the white toungeand shoelaces like the football cleats.

^ Yeah, I wish Dye's cleats had the white tongue too. But it looks like they used the upper from the other version of the Super Bad (the one with a moldedcleat plate):

I should also note that neither version actually has the toe swoosh on the lateral side... see the Eastbay pic here.

Alright so maybe you guys are better at guessing then we thought....pictures to come by the end of the week...excited about this...hope you guys all like it

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Alright so maybe you guys are better at guessing then we thought....pictures to come by the end of the week...excited about this...hope you guys all like it
OK, here's a random question.
I know you're posting on here because this board is a strange collection of people like myself that have an odd affinity for shoes...but as we all know,the general public doesn't really care (or know about) what shoes pro athletes are wearing.
That said, here's something I've always wanted to ask someone that works for a shoe company...
With regard to PE's are they made as a marketing tool - like you guys think that the general public will see them and think they look cool and run out andbuy the shoes, or are they more for the players - like is having personalized shoes a reward for being affiliated with a given company (Easton in your case)?Also, you probably can't comment on this one, but are players more likely to sign with a given company if they are going to get a PE than a company thatisn't promising that?

Care to shed some light on this subject?

Originally Posted by Nike God

Originally Posted by kweimer1

I know you're posting on here because this board is a strange collection of people like myself that have an odd affinity for shoes...but as we all know, the general public doesn't really care (or know about) what shoes pro athletes are wearing.
That said, here's something I've always wanted to ask someone that works for a shoe company...
With regard to PE's are they made as a marketing tool - like you guys think that the general public will see them and think they look cool and run out and buy the shoes, or are they more for the players - like is having personalized shoes a reward for being affiliated with a given company (Easton in your case)? Also, you probably can't comment on this one, but are players more likely to sign with a given company if they are going to get a PE than a company that isn't promising that?

Great question NG. By no means am I an expert in this area, but from everything that I've read and understand... it is simply a financial situation. Similar to the Michigan situation, it's all about "Show me the Money"! What ever company is willing to offer the most lucrative deal wins thebounty!

By the way, check out these great PE's!

And they"re the conversion pair as well, because they can also be worn for soccer!

Originally Posted by Nike God

I know you're posting on here because this board is a strange collection of people like myself that have an odd affinity for shoes...but as we all know, the general public doesn't really care (or know about) what shoes pro athletes are wearing.
With regard to PE's are they made as a marketing tool - like you guys think that the general public will see them and think they look cool and run out and buy the shoes, or are they more for the players - like is having personalized shoes a reward for being affiliated with a given company (Easton in your case)? Also, you probably can't comment on this one, but are players more likely to sign with a given company if they are going to get a PE than a company that isn't promising that?

PEs are for the most part used as a marketing tool. They incrementaly drive sales. The more on field presecce we have the more that can be used as aselling tool to retailers. Whether you believe it or not kids do notice what pro athletes are wearing. Just like Jordan, albeit on a grander scale.

As for signing with this company or that. I think players choose us because A) We have undeniably the most comfortable cleat in baseball and B) We can offerbetter service than other brands, such as more custom treatments for every player. We aren't the marketing giants that Nike and UA are, so we rely on ourquality product and service.

What's happened to this thread the past few days? After we hit the 1000 post mark, everyone started
slacking! C'mon, I know my football pics were old but it shouldn't have turned everyone away!

a nice shot of orange accents on Jeremy Guthrie's 2K5s
8786fe0dfed88df9645c7b4359ab382c-getty-80327343cc008_baltimore_ori.jpg

Front View. Also, notice the oval Rawlings logo on his piece
571c7e0094a13839f8f6d14a2f20f70c-getty-81006367jj011_baltimore_ori.jpg

Great Easton shot
3dad61cb79dee907dd480028284fe7ab-getty-80310407lb012_new_york_mets.jpg

Originally Posted by Pipes20

a nice shot of orange accents on Jeremy Guthrie's 2K5s
8786fe0dfed88df9645c7b4359ab382c-getty-80327343cc008_baltimore_ori.jpg

Front View. Also, notice the oval Rawlings logo on his piece
571c7e0094a13839f8f6d14a2f20f70c-getty-81006367jj011_baltimore_ori.jpg

Great Easton shot
3dad61cb79dee907dd480028284fe7ab-getty-80310407lb012_new_york_mets.jpg

I am a Nike guy all the way but from these pics, I've decided:

1. I no longer like 2K5's on the diamond at all!
2. Kemp's Eastons are crisp and extremely clean, much more attractive that Castillo's!

And welcome back, everyone!

Originally Posted by MPowers16

1. I no longer like 2K5's on the diamond at all!

I never liked them for baseball since they first came out. I don't know if it's that they use too much gray, or what it is...they just don'tlook right as spikes.
The 2K4, however is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom