** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

1. I no longer like 2K5's on the diamond at all!
2. Kemp's Eastons are crisp and extremely clean, much more attractive that Castillo's!

And welcome back, everyone!

I now hate the logo placement on Kemps shoes, can't wait to get him in some new ones with the logo in the correct place.

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Originally Posted by Nike God

OK, here's a random question.
I know you're posting on here because this board is a strange collection of people like myself that have an odd affinity for shoes...but as we all know, the general public doesn't really care (or know about) what shoes pro athletes are wearing.
That said, here's something I've always wanted to ask someone that works for a shoe company...
With regard to PE's are they made as a marketing tool - like you guys think that the general public will see them and think they look cool and run out and buy the shoes, or are they more for the players - like is having personalized shoes a reward for being affiliated with a given company (Easton in your case)? Also, you probably can't comment on this one, but are players more likely to sign with a given company if they are going to get a PE than a company that isn't promising that?

Care to shed some light on this subject?

PEs are for the most part used as a marketing tool. They incrementaly drive sales. The more on field presecce we have the more that can be used as a selling tool to retailers. Whether you believe it or not kids do notice what pro athletes are wearing. Just like Jordan, albeit on a grander scale.

As for signing with this company or that. I think players choose us because A) We have undeniably the most comfortable cleat in baseball and B) We can offer better service than other brands, such as more custom treatments for every player. We aren't the marketing giants that Nike and UA are, so we rely on our quality product and service.

While the group here is probably one one extreme of the scale the general public is NOT on the other end....the target market for us (5-25 year olds)typically finds themselves somewhere in the middle...and the more they are "into" the game the closer they find themselves to "ourside"....with that being said, it does drive sales as scarface mentioned.

In regards to the reasons why players sign with particular companies there are definitely different reasons...1) MONEY, 2) Product, 3) Relationships/Service

Money is obviously important to guys as it is a pride thing, they have been busting their %$!*! to be the best and the best are supposed to be taken careof...Product though is MOST important to most of these guys...when you think of the size of equipment deals they typically pale in comparison to what they aregetting through their contracts to play....yes, there are counter-examples but there aren't too many Jeter's and Griffey's in the world that havean entire line built around them. Lastly, are the relationships you have with players and agents and the service you can provide them.

There are different approaches...the big guys can go out and throw money around and see what will stick...we have taken the approach of making the best producton the market in every category and building relationships with the guys. Not saying we have always done this...wasnt too long ago when we just threw casharound as well (i.e. Sammy Sosa)...now we provide the best gear in the game along with the best service in the game to the best up and coming players in thegame (i.e.: Kemp, Ethier, Pedroia, Cueto, Bay, Freel, Lopez, Guzman, Zambrano, A. Ramirez, H. Ramirez).

As far as when to make a PE and when to not it varies company to company...we do it mainly because we get a kick out of it and like to (mainly scarface andI)....some companies do it for only their top 5% of players and some really dont do it for any....

Hope that helps answer the questions a little bit...will post some pictures of the Mother's Day idea a little later...right now I need to get them allshipped

ok guys sorry that i messed up on my last post. ok lets try this again. here is the closeup of the daisuke sigs
l_b36d5a3eaedfbbe04639866c59e9b007.jpg

and here are my id's. i regret getting them in shox i should have got them in zoom
l_cbeb5fb0230717ef1e7be376c1a45ad3.jpg

l_b79750897172ca6af4a3e061a3382786.jpg

l_529596e5ee46d996fa64113e7191b710.jpg

l_dd97673712fc40fe9dd109c3d73c39ae.jpg

I now hate the logo placement on Kemps shoes, can't wait to get him in some new ones with the logo in the correct place.
Have you guys ever done that before - shifted a logo because of a player wearing ridiculous baggy pants covering the logo? Baseball is the only sportwhere a player could potentially cover up his entire shoe.
Basketball players wear shorts, football players wear knee-high pants...but the trend of pant legs getting lower and lower in baseball has got to annoy theshoe designers trying to get their product placement out there.
You guys should write into the contratct that a player should have to wear his pants like a real baseball player in order to be paid to endorse a shoe.
laugh.gif

Have you guys ever done that before - shifted a logo because of a player wearing ridiculous baggy pants covering the logo? Baseball is the only sport where a player could potentially cover up his entire shoe.
Basketball players wear shorts, football players wear knee-high pants...but the trend of pant legs getting lower and lower in baseball has got to annoy the shoe designers trying to get their product placement out there.
You guys should write into the contratct that a player should have to wear his pants like a real baseball player in order to be paid to endorse a shoe.
laugh.gif

Thats not completely true. In football, alot of players wear spats over the cleats and alot of the time completely cover the shoe. If anyone is interested,UW did a whole thing about spats a while back. Heres the link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/051017

Heres an example of spats
sean-taylor-knockout.jpg

Those new superbads are so nice. Even as a baseball cleat.

Too bad the TD molded version got canceled, I was looking forward to them.

Originally Posted by energycube

UGCatcher.....

whats wrong with your shox? why would you like the zoom?

theres really nothing wrong with the shox. they are pretty comfortalble and all but i think the zoom would have been a lil more comfortble. and lower tothe ground

Originally Posted by sdotmiles

do you guys know where i can find some black baseball/softball pants with white piping?

Try Baseballjunk.com!

And as for these Super Bad 2's...I was incredibly disappointed by them as football cleats and have absolutely no idea why Nike would cross them over to thebaseball diamond!

8628ec8c-6112-4fb3-ab1e-6e612dd18a3f.jpg

I don't like the toecap and how the transition into the tongue and lacing system make the shoe appear to be bunched almost like a "sneakerwedgie"!

Very underwhelmed, I am!

do you guys know where i can find some black baseball/softball pants with white piping?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
...i just threw up in my mouth a lil bit at the thought of black baseball pants....nothing personal

Have you guys ever done that before - shifted a logo because of a player wearing ridiculous baggy pants covering the logo? Baseball is the only sport where a player could potentially cover up his entire shoe.
Basketball players wear shorts, football players wear knee-high pants...but the trend of pant legs getting lower and lower in baseball has got to annoy the shoe designers trying to get their product placement out there.
laugh.gif

Kemp was the first (and likely last) time.

Originally Posted by Pipes20

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
...i just threw up in my mouth a lil bit at the thought of black baseball pants....nothing personal

IJTUIMM should be banned here as well!!!JK

Sports Authority and Modells are pretty well stocked with all types of baseball pants as well.

I bought an outstanding pair of Easton baseball pants, grey with black side piping, for my softball seaon and, as I have told Kweimer, I have never wornbetter.

Originally Posted by Pipes20

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

These aren't so bad (if you're a chick)

6l424i8r.jpg

black pants are not that bad but the red ones like the Cuban national team wears is a NO NO.

Okay in other News What the !%$$ is this? Can't be serious. From the looks of it I don't know if he is a bat boy, but he has some 2k4's on and somebg's in his pocket. Did he just fetch that bat or is he seriously going up to bat (bat does look kinda small).

Sorry to digress guys.

I was looking for that pic.

Eddie's was a publicity stunt the Mexican one on the other hand I'm not sure off. He probably has some pop in that MAX bat.

ha i was right!!!

they are impressive, girlysh but nice

Are you guys going to auction off the cleats and donate the earning to a charity or a foundation (cancer)?

Back
Top Bottom