** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

I was at the Phillies-Red Sox game tonight, and in the top of the first inning I noticed that Jimmy Rollins' cleats had a surprising amount of white inthem. I knew they weren't his 5-Tools, so I thought they were maybe the new Max MVP's. Since my seats were out in right field, I couldn't makethem out from where I was sitting... so I got my camera out, zoomed in, and then zoomed in on my viewfinder to see what they were. I saw this:

My jaw dropped... Red Swingman Remix PE's! I was so pumped. I was rooting for the Sox, and because of the fact that they got killed, J-Roll's cleatswere pretty much the highlight of my night. (Well, that and seeing Bartolo Colon swing so hard that his helmet flew off.)

A few others pics... and sorry for the poor quality--I left my good zoom lens at home:

EDIT: AP or Getty had no J-Roll cleat shots from tonight, but I just found this one:

J-Roll gets the best gear from Nike...the Griffey spikes, the new batting gloves, and his glove is one of the sickest I've seen.

Couple CWS pics...

First look at the Show Elite MVP... I'm liking these a lot. They're basically a flashy Clipper.

Not a great view of either (and you can barely see the Miami ones), but FSU and Miami colored MVP's

Not sure if anyone posted the big version of this shot yet... Swingman Remix and the UNC colored MVP

And lastly... new Mizuno cleats, with Wave Creation-esque heel cushioning.

Those FSU cleats are sick; too bad they couldn't match that on the field with their play!

yeah i agree j roll does get the sweetest stuff from nike

i also noticed rollins wering something new i just couldnt figure out what it was

thanks marky for those great pics

Doesn't the MVP retail have the max air? I want to see what those actually look like on the field.

^ Yeah I don't know why they haven't given them to players yet. It's especially ironic because if you look behind the broadcasters when they showthem talking in the booth, they have a collection of college equipment (with a lot of new stuff from different companies), and I'm pretty sure I saw a MaxMVP cleat right there a few nights ago. It's a color I haven't seen, too... it's a grey/black colorway, kind of like the away 2k5's that a lotof MLB players wear. Here's a quick PS with what I thought I saw...

MP23: You tested these... did you notice any major faults in their construction or bad design elements that might have led to them not being ready for thefield? The only other reason I could think of is that this is the College World Series... if I'm a player competing for a national title, I don't wantto try something new. If I've been wearing cleats with a Huarache midsole all season, I'm sticking with that, and I'm not changing it to somethingthat has a drastically different feel to it.

The real test will be the All-Star Game in a few weeks... Nike always goes crazy with new PE's, so we'll see.

^^ i was the watching the Fresno State vs. UNC game and i saw those cleats behind the broadcasters too. i also saw them at the nike campus and they look verynice but the were on display so i couldnt get to really look at them.

check out what i found guys

73318b03-f1d6-4785-85c6-5af990a851fe.jpg

initially when i saw these while i was watching the game i thought they were iDs. but take a closer look....the part on the heel above the shox is black. afeature you cannot change on iD and the color is grey. also the part that goes from the tongue to mudgaurd infront of the swoosh is black. also something youcant change on iD that is grey. I wonder if this is just a special mock up for the CWS of if this could be a colorway released in 09
09ba5f79-aeee-426e-8947-614367ba58af.jpg

nike will be releasing those. if you check the catalog updates on the very bottom it says there will be a black and white shox fuse.

Mark,

I didn't notice any bad construction at all on that cleat; it was for sure one of the best that I have ever tested. I was also wondering why Nikehadn't released the Max Air midsole on the MVP's too; the design, IMO, looked great, there wasn't really anything I would have changed on it.It's weird, because I know Pujols was rocking a pair with the caged Zoom Air, so I wonder why the college players don't even have Air yet in theirpairs.

tony.gwynn.jpg

posted on uniwatch today...

looks like Tony Gwynn also wore some cleated sneakers...iD anyone? they look pretty nice, dont know even if they are nikes.

Loving the new lowtops/clippers, I wish they didnt have the paton/shine in them though.

^ Good find... somehow I totally missed that on UW yesterday. Tony might even be the pioneer of sneaker-cleats... who knows.

Here's some good MLB stuff I've found over the past few days...

Carl Crawford is the latest guy with a Swingman Remix PE... these are absolutely beautiful.

In case you missed it, here's Rollins in his pair:

And here's Torii Hunter in a pair too:

Nike must be pushing these hard. I can't wait to see what renditions we see at the All-Star Game.

Speaking of Hunter, it looks like Casey Kotchman has been borrowing Torii's old Fuse PE's (on a Huarache midsole)

Albert Pujols in some nice 5-Tool turfs

New Gary Matthews Jr. Fuse PE/ID

I never noticed this before, but I love how perfectly these Fuse PE's match Jake Peavy's uni... especially those sand-colored Shox columns.

Some non-Nike pairs...

Micah Hoffpauir in a Kemp-esque Mojo (minus the logo placement)

I'm not a fan of what Reebok's doing with a lot of their PE's (Giambi's, Penny's, etc. are all pretty mediocre), but this Carlos Ruiz VeroPE is pretty perfect.

...And finally, a new sighting...

Scott Eyre in the new Nike Coop V (new version of the Clipper). I'm disappointed... the catalog pics looked pretty solid, but I don't like that medialSwoosh placement at all. Maybe they'll look better on models without the added pitching toe, but as of now, I'm counting this as a huge step back fromthe upper design of the '07-'08 Clipper.

Great pics Mark and I agree, those Crawford Swingman's are beautiful. I soooooo wish that trainer with the full-length Air would release; heck, even any ofthe Nike models, 5-Tools for example, would release to the general public in a Zoom version would be great. I love the baseball trainers but all Nike seems torelease is the boring ol' Diamond Trainer, at least for turf.

Man the Rays are starting to get hooked up Garza's 2k4 were sick and Crawford's swingmans are just dirty. Does anyone know if the Swingman's willbe on ID. I have to make a pair to match my high school uniform

Also Carolina's Black/Blue MVP's are very very nice

^ Good question...

It's a sneaker-cleat (and Ackley has worn his fair share of sneaker-cleats in the past), but I'm not sure what the shoe is. If you look closely, itlooks like there's a Jordan logo on the heel, and it looks like a turf outsole too... but I bet some of you know your J's better than I do. Here'ssome other pics:

Some other nice UNC cleats in there (I really like the Show Elite MVP in that last one), but neither shot has a good look at Dustin's shoes. Here's afew more low-res shots:

Anyone?

Some Pics from the Week
Vlad's Adidas PEGary Matthews Jr. switching back

Edwin Encarnacion sporting some new cleats (he wore black/red big papi's before)

Nice PE's from Brandon Phillips

Brandon Webb Vero PE

What is Livan Hernandez wearing?

Oscar Salazar PE/ID Shox Fuse

O Dog with some nice turfs

Young's Away Fuse (Nothing like DeRosa's cleat)

And finally what is Carlos Lee doing to Iwamura?

Ackley's sneaker cleats are the jordan RB extreme. I almost bought these shoes a couple weeks ago.
sorry but the only pic i could find of this colorway is tiny
16362001_s.jpg

also, at the rate nike has been pushing the swingmans i wouldnt be surprised to see them on id and i will have to admit, if the drop on id im definatelygetting a pair

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Ackley's sneaker cleats are the jordan RB extreme. I almost bought these shoes a couple weeks ago.
sorry but the only pic i could find of this colorway is tiny
16362001_s.jpg

also, at the rate nike has been pushing the swingmans i wouldnt be surprised to see them on id and i will have to admit, if the drop on id im definately getting a pair
Great call...Theres a great pic of Ackley wearing them on the UNC photo gallery but I dont know how to pull it off there.

check out what i found in the usa basketball jersey topic of all places.
Nike_China_Olympic_Uniforms.jpg

forget the outside pics and focus on the middle. these are apparently made for china and im guessing softball? cause didnt they take baseball out of theolympics. but check out the gold plated midsole. not a big fan of gold but i like this

Back
Top Bottom