**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

^ The game is changing to an extent with the younger generation wanting more flash in their cleats/accessories, but baseball is still a very traditionalsport--more so than football, and much more traditional than basketball. Plus for basketball kicks, Nike will sell shoes to those who want to ball in them andthose who just want to wear them casually... the only thing you can do in baseball cleats is play baseball.

Football is a little different, since black/team and white/team colors are so widely worn nowadays. Still, a lot of the more radical color combos areexclusive to places like Eastbay, an indication that only retailers who can take a huge inventory position can handle the more aggressive colorways.

This just doesn't work for baseball, especially right now in this economy. The majority of consumers will be satisfied with the base colors worn in by MLBteams--black/white, black/orange, royal/white, red/white, white/forest. Any more than that is just a reach to get more product out there. Mizuno has done abunch of black/team and white/team colorways in their 9-spike classic, which I bet is partly an effort to sell more cleats to people like you who want thecustom colors, but also because they can sell a lot of that in Asia.

I wouldn't doubt seeing more colorways in the future, but for now you'll have to settle with what you get on NikeID.

That's an excellent point HellOnWaffles, I definitely do lose sight of the rest of the world sometimes. especially today, when some people cant afford tofawn over shoes like we do. what can i say, im a sucker for nikes.
Luckily, it looks like ill be playing college baseball in a few years, so i hope im around long enough to see more cleats with flair.

Was fortunate enough to acquire a pair of these Franklin batting gloves this week in an XL. From what I've gathered they were an MLB only colorway that wasreleased. If anyone has anymore info on them I'd love to know more...always been a fan of Franklin Carbon Fibre II and the Pro Classic models couldn'tpass up the unreleased color combo (plus is matches my team colors)

Also a couple new releases available at baseballexp.com that I came across. The two pairs on the right are Franklin Tectonics which have been spotted in someplayoff games...they come in a handful of colorways.

91681477.jpg

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Also a couple new releases available at baseballexp.com that I came across. The two pairs on the right are Franklin Tectonics which have been spotted in some playoff games...they come in a handful of colorways.
The ones on the left have speen spotted too, also prince fielder used them in the HR Derby. But on baseballexp they offer them and when i lookclose they have a smooth palm??? and the ones the MLB-ers are using they all have the digital palm like the tectonics, classic pro's and carbon fibreII's.

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Was fortunate enough to acquire a pair of these Franklin batting gloves this week in an XL. From what I've gathered they were an MLB only colorway that was released. If anyone has anymore info on them I'd love to know more...always been a fan of Franklin Carbon Fibre II and the Pro Classic models couldn't pass up the unreleased color combo (plus is matches my team colors)
Those could be from the Detroit Tigers lockerroom. Inge and a few others wore similar pairs this year.

Iknow for a fact that in the last game in la victorino wore a pair of grey/red show elite bgs and now tonight I saw him wearing something with a red palm as hewas walking away after a strikeout

^ actually I think those are like a poor-man's alternative. Runners sleeves.

whats the difference between the pro-sleeve and this one? materials? more/tighter compression?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

whats the difference between the pro-sleeve and this one? materials? more/tighter compression?
Well I suppose these are the ones Jeter and Cano use because there is no design and it just has the logo in metallic print.

91971841.jpg

^ This?
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...upercat=home&cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH
Originally Posted by diegoespinosasb

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Well I suppose these are the ones Jeter and Cano use because there is no design and it just has the logo in metallic print.

91971841.jpg

Hmm... aren't they wearing those compression undershirts as opposed to just sleeves? The swoosh on Cano's arm seems to be higher than the swoosh onthe runner sleeves.

Actually, I bought a pair of those runner sleeves last month (I dunno if I'm gonna use them, I just thought they were cool
tongue.gif
). I don't have very long arms, but they felt kinda short... Nonetheless,its a good and cheaper alternative...

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

Anyone knows where i can get this Jordan pullover?
is this a sign of albert signing with jb? none of the 2010 nike cleats or batting gloves seem to fit what albert has worn previously. he doesntrealy seem to be with the swingman or fuse "teams" and hes never worn the huaraches so maybe some jordan pes next year?

Originally Posted by sj thresher

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

Anyone knows where i can get this Jordan pullover?
is this a sign of albert signing with jb? none of the 2010 nike cleats or batting gloves seem to fit what albert has worn previously. he doesnt realy seem to be with the swingman or fuse "teams" and hes never worn the huaraches so maybe some jordan pes next year?
No i've seen him wearing Jordan in 2006 also.

Back
Top Bottom