**MLB Feet - 2010 Baseball Cleats/Gloves/Etc.**

Double-checked today to make sure ID's would be up next week.

Mark: We do! The Air Diamond Elite MCS iD should drop on NikeStore.com on 12/22.

Hope that means a metal version is dropping the same day for most of you (I usually go with MCS)

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Mark: We do! The Air Diamond Elite MCS iD should drop on NikeStore.com on 12/22.

Hope that means a metal version is dropping the same day for most of you (I usually go with MCS)

What do you like more about the MCS? I've never tried them myself, but it seems like whenever it's even slightly damp, MCS's would lose all traction (and I live in San Francisco, so I guess that affects me more often than the rest of you). Is that the case? 

^i like mcs a lot better for practice because its much easier on my knees as a catcher, but game day i always go with spikes for the traction. they're basically more comfortable and feel like regular shoes.

and for the gloves, that must be something relatively new where players get better material because i think it was within the past 5-6 years when i got an A2000 from my dads friend and the only difference from regular released A2000's was the embroidery

Originally Posted by sfandy

What do you like more about the MCS? I've never tried them myself, but it seems like whenever it's even slightly damp, MCS's would lose all traction (and I live in San Francisco, so I guess that affects me more often than the rest of you). Is that the case? 
I've had pretty much same experience as pokeyneil30 I find them to be much more comfortable. Similar to wearing a pair of running shoes so they don't hurt my back and knees as much. I know a few years back people thought they might not work good for traction and worried about slipping/falling but I've never had any problems with them (maybe I just move too slow?). The MCS cleats are nothing like what you'd consider plastic spikes (softball ones) they are really hard plastic and I actually made somebody bleed on accident last year breaking up a double play with them on. A good amount of MLB players wear them daily so I wouldn't worry too much about that part (although others might have different experiences than I have) The real benefit of them in my opinion are just how comfortable they are compared to metal. If you are playing in high school or college and have long weekend tournaments etc..I would consider trying them out if you have any back or knee problems might do more good than you would expect. Or like pokeyneil30 said maybe for day to day practice and then metal during games could be another option. 

Jamie: On 01/05/11 Nike Diamond Elite Pro Adult iD Glove and Nike Diamond Elite Show iD Bat Bag

Exciting stuff

Also asked if they had retail price on the cleats or gloves and he said it didn't show anything. Most likely won't know until it launches.

pG01-8632262reg.jpg

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4455009&CAWELAID=710451135

The Coops all of us pitchers have been waiting for!!!

^^^ It's a shame they don't make new nike/oregon baseball cleats every other day like they do for oregon football jerseys. that would be sick

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

^i like mcs a lot better for practice because its much easier on my knees as a catcher, but game day i always go with spikes for the traction. they're basically more comfortable and feel like regular shoes.

and for the gloves, that must be something relatively new where players get better material because i think it was within the past 5-6 years when i got an A2000 from my dads friend and the only difference from regular released A2000's was the embroidery
http://glove-works.getweb...ay-hanley-h2r-t4711.html

The Real H2R Pro Issued is made in Japan and the Eastbay Hanley model is made in Vietnam, as you can read in the link above the pro issued quality is far superior.

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

http://glove-works.getweb...ay-hanley-h2r-t4711.html

The Real H2R Pro Issued is made in Japan and the Eastbay Hanley model is made in Vietnam, as you can read in the link above the pro issued quality is far superior.
i wasn't doubting you or anything, but damn, the eastbay version almost looks like plastic compared to the real one. thanks for the link btw, i've been going through that site for about an hour now 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

Nike makes oregon some sick stuff..my fav oregon cleats ive seen tho are the swingman remixs
pimp.gif

I think im gonna commit to Oregon come my senior year just for the equipment.

nikebaseball,
sounds like you have ur priorities in order hahaha. Too bad Horton is going back to USC. Where are you getting recruited and where are you located? SoCal?

The team I'm currently playing for is sponsored by mizuno, whatever stuff gets thrown our way that's interesting I'll try and get some pics up. But what wood bats to you guys like? I can get the mizunos for pretty cheep but Im not really a muzino guy and would like to look elsewhere for some bats.

Depends what you are looking for. If you don't want to take the risk of buying a ton of bats during the season and Baum Bats meet your leagues standards they are really nice (but about $175) composites that will last entire season but with more pop in them then Demarini and other composites I've used. If you want just standard maple bats the only two I've used the last few years were SSK (cano model) and one sam bat. Both were really nice but again were around $100 each and you run the risk of breaking them as always. Handful of people I know have used Marucci bats and really liked them but I haven't used them personally.

^nikesource, what model is the Cano one similar to? i've seen some on ebay for around $60 and want to try one eventually, but the seller has no pictures of the knob and i'm pretty picky when it comes to the handle

If I remember right the SSK had a straight handle with a wide knob so your bottom hand sits on top of it. It wasn't tapered or over sized it was a very basic handle. This was the only picture I could find but you can see where the knob is bigger than his hands so it just sits on top of it. It was a little too heavy feeling for my liking (I know most people like a bigger barrel but I prefer it to be evenly weighted and just feel really light) Felt like a slightly lesser quality Sam Bat (think I used the "Bonds" model not sure exact model number)

If I remember right the SSK had a straight handle with a wide knob so your bottom hand sits on top of it. It wasn't tapered or over sized it was a very basic handle. This was the only picture I could find but you can see where the knob is bigger than his hands so it just sits on top of it. It was a little too heavy feeling for my liking (I know most people like a bigger barrel but I prefer it to be evenly weighted and just feel really light) Felt like a slightly lesser quality Sam Bat (think I used the "Bonds" model not sure exact model number)
sweet, thanks for the review! i think i'll probably just stick with sam bats as i use the bonds model too. i highly recommend a trinity bat, if you ever get a chance to scoop one up, you gotta go for it

Originally Posted by huarachelover3215

nikebaseball,
sounds like you have ur priorities in order hahaha. Too bad Horton is going back to USC. Where are you getting recruited and where are you located? SoCal?

Im located in So Nev. Im only a freshman but Ive been talking to some schools. Im pretty overpowering pitcher for a freshman.

Depends what you are looking for. If you don't want to take the risk of buying a ton of bats during the season and Baum Bats meet your leagues standards they are really nice (but about $175) composites that will last entire season but with more pop in them then Demarini and other composites I've used. If you want just standard maple bats the only two I've used the last few years were SSK (cano model) and one sam bat. Both were really nice but again were around $100 each and you run the risk of breaking them as always. Handful of people I know have used Marucci bats and really liked them but I haven't used them personally.

This man speaks Truth - Baum Bats are the best, I finally got a new one after using my old one for almost 4 yrs straight, the bat is still intact it's just the handle that finally gave way. SSK very nice choice. I prefer my Baum and also my JR Model Xbat and Marucci and for Christmas wifey bought me a Sam Bat old natural Pujols model
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nikebaseball17

nikebaseball,

Im located in So Nev. Im only a freshman but Ive been talking to some schools. Im pretty overpowering pitcher for a freshman.
Very cool, I'm a senior and just signed my letter od intent back in november for Stanford (im a pitcher too). Hope things go well for you.

Originally Posted by nikebaseball17

nikebaseball,

Very cool, I'm a senior and just signed my letter od intent back in november for Stanford (im a pitcher too). Hope things go well for you.
a couple of very good friends of mine play for stanford. congratulations man

Back
Top Bottom