***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

If anyone is in the area of the Marshall's that has sick PE batting gloves, PM me and I'd pay you to grab me a pair

What's the deal with this? I wasn't aware of 59/50s being made in different places
Yeah, unfortunately they do. This isn't so much a problem with MOST of the on-field MLB hats but they do sneak a few into the stock. It has become a big problem in nearly all other areas though. All of the NFL, NHL, NCAA and NBA hats that I have found (recently) have been made in China, many of the special edition on-field hats that have patches are also made in China. I work at a sports apparel store and from a distance you cannot tell the difference and most people who are unaware have no clue of a difference but you can definitely tell, the polyester is much cheaper, the crown is way taller, the stitching is sloppy, the logos aren't as nice and there is a much bigger variance in sizes (one 7 1/2 can fit like a 3/8 and the other a 5/8). In every NE hat their is a tag inside under the sweatband under the main NE logo that says where it is from, U.S. or China. You can also tell just by feeling them it's pretty obvious once you realize it.
U.S. NE's = :smokin
China NE's = :x :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately they do. This isn't so much a problem with MOST of the on-field MLB hats but they do sneak a few into the stock. It has become a big problem in nearly all other areas though. All of the NFL, NHL, NCAA and NBA hats that I have found (recently) have been made in China, many of the special edition on-field hats that have patches are also made in China. I work at a sports apparel store and from a distance you cannot tell the difference and most people who are unaware have no clue of a difference but you can definitely tell, the polyester is much cheaper, the crown is way taller, the stitching is sloppy, the logos aren't as nice and there is a much bigger variance in sizes (one 7 1/2 can fit like a 3/8 and the other a 5/8). In every NE hat their is a tag inside under the sweatband under the main NE logo that says where it is from, U.S. or China. You can also tell just by feeling them it's pretty obvious once you realize it.
U.S. NE's = :smokin
China NE's = :x :smh:

Sigh of relief after looking at all my fitted, all made in the USA haha

Hey boys it's been awhile but my old username was Eagles137 but I've made the jump over to the new site now with this username since I couldn't recover my old one. Anyways I'm about to get my customcleat done this year and I'm struggling between getting the new XX8, Jordan 9, or Kobe 8 YOS the done. Just wondering if any of you may have a suggestion for me. I have the XX8 and it's pretty unreal but I'm worried about it holding up with dirt and what not. 

My best new era hat is my team USA hat which is made in the USA but I also have a phillies hat which is poorly made and from the USA. My Yankees hat is in perfect condition and made In china so I think it's often luck of the draw

i really have never seen a difference in quality based on where my hats are made.. i have a pretty decent collection so i will have to look into this..i can tell you what really peeves me though.. when the button  on the top pops off.. thats really annoying. especially when i have never worn the hat.  

Yeah, unfortunately they do. This isn't so much a problem with MOST of the on-field MLB hats but they do sneak a few into the stock. It has become a big problem in nearly all other areas though. All of the NFL, NHL, NCAA and NBA hats that I have found (recently) have been made in China, many of the special edition on-field hats that have patches are also made in China. I work at a sports apparel store and from a distance you cannot tell the difference and most people who are unaware have no clue of a difference but you can definitely tell, the polyester is much cheaper, the crown is way taller, the stitching is sloppy, the logos aren't as nice and there is a much bigger variance in sizes (one 7 1/2 can fit like a 3/8 and the other a 5/
glasses.gif
. In every NE hat their is a tag inside under the sweatband under the main NE logo that says where it is from, U.S. or China. You can also tell just by feeling them it's pretty obvious once you realize it.
U.S. NE's =
smokin.gif

China NE's =
sick.gif
mean.gif
Good info. 

Incidentally, I'm normally a 3/8ths, but for my made-in-the-US on-field 5950 authentic, I had to get a 1/2.  Does the BP one fit like that as well?  Should I stick with a 3/8ths (like my old wool sizing) or 1/2 (like my current on-field fitted sizing)?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Baseball is back. 
nthat.gif

Sinner: I'm a size 7 1/2 in both the new BP's and the current on fields so if I were you I'd probably stick with the 1/2 if I were you.

P.S. Today I was at the Loveland, CO outlet and they had the Griffey "galaxy" shirt all I saw was 2 Larges for $16 i believe. If you're curious what the shirt looks like it was discussed earlier in the thread (PG. 1 post # 10) it is black with a white swingman and red blue and white spots around it.
Here's the number: 970-663-6570

Last edited:
Was at a DSG to pickup a 3/4th Swingman shirt for another member and saw they had some flexfit mesh Nike Baseball hats that I haven't seen a picture of they looked decent. They had the home plate logo with a swoosh inside of it.

i have a credit from nike.com from a warranty claim(my 2k fresh spikes started splitting open on the collar)i liked the 2k's they were really light. my last 2 pairs of spikes have been mid tops(jordan 9's and the 2k's)was thinking about going low top for the first time...i have been looking at the mvp pro low..anyone have these or tried them out??i figured i would ask my fellow players on here what yall think of them

i wish nike promoted their baseball stuff better.. baseball for them is on the back burner while football and basketball take the spotlight :smh:

IMO they could at least promote the whole Griffey/Swingman line better

Was at a DSG to pickup a 3/4th Swingman shirt for another member and saw they had some flexfit mesh Nike Baseball hats that I haven't seen a picture of they looked decent. They had the home plate logo with a swoosh inside of it.
I saw those at an Academy here in Houston. Thought it looked corny, but loved the mesh and style of hat.

i wish nike promoted their baseball stuff better.. baseball for them is on the back burner while football and basketball take the spotlight
mean.gif

IMO they could at least promote the whole Griffey/Swingman line better
I'm assuming they don't because basketball and football have much bigger markets. It would be nice though to see them market a super star or two on a big scale like they did with Griffey. The question is, who would it be? I think Nike missed out big time by not signing Bryce Harper.  

^ Man, I really do hope they do a better job with the Swingmans this season.  I didn't feel that design at all. 
ohwell.gif

Sinner: I'm a size 7 1/2 in both the new BP's and the current on fields so if I were you I'd probably stick with the 1/2 if I were you.
Thanks, dude.

So are most on-field authentics made in China now or do you just have to try your luck and hope you can find a made-in-US one?

^^^ those look awesome.  thanks for sharing the pics.. what a classic shoe.. i really hope nike starts to bring these back again before i end my baseball career. i remember rocking these in high school and thinking i could run down any fly ball hit.  cant believe these are close to 18 year old cleats.  

Back
Top Bottom