***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

when i was on the metro(dc subway) the other day i was talkin to someone who plays in the houston msbl and he said its great..he has been playing in it for like 20 years he said. you should do it man...i used to think softball was the only option i had no clue there was even adult baseball leagues around. you will have so much more fun playin hardball man.

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty much done with softball. The game just isn't fun anymore with all the "thugs" that play and the cheating with shaved bats.

I'm also ready to get on the mound and pitch again, def can't do that in softball lol

MSBL in Philly is 25+ :frown:

in gear related news i got the new franklin classics (neo classic i think theyre called?). not nearly as good as the original franklins. they feel weird..like not the right proportions. franklin classics in a large fit my hand perfectly, on these some of the fingers are a little too long and the glove doesnt move with your hand as well. real disappointed. shoulda bought the carbon fibre IIs i saw :/

+1 for that... I stopped playing baseball at ****** (18) and spent 5 years playing softball... and although it's fun - it's not the same. You meet and play against a bunch of odd characters in softball as well, especially as you move up to play higher levels. Im sure some of you are familiar with the term "softball guy", which doesn't need much explanation.

Been having so much fun playing Senior baseball the past 2 years, we have started to expand our schedule and play outside of our league, getting exhibition games and in various tournaments. Also trying to do some fundraising to go to the MSBL Vegas tournament in March, I hear the Phoenix one is the best though.
i heard pheonix is awesome.

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty much done with softball. The game just isn't fun anymore with all the "thugs" that play and the cheating with shaved bats.

I'm also ready to get on the mound and pitch again, def can't do that in softball lol
yea ive seen those kind of people in softball before..even in a coed leage. when i started playin hardball 3 years ago it was the first time i played real ball since middle school (about 15 yrs apart)i was really nervous i wouldnt be able to be good again or hit live pitching..i struck out a couple times haha..but got it all back real soon,it was like riding a bike. plus met some cool people and we all branched off an started our own team...you should do it...the amount of fun you will have is amazing...its more competitvie than softball too..and a big plus is you can wear metal spikes again ha

I have played in the MSBL here in the SF Bay for a few years.  The level of competition has changed a bit an now play in the SVBL.  My travel team plays in MSBL sponsored tournaments though.. played down in Palm Desert earlier this year.. which is awesome in January.  The most legit MSBL league i played in was the tri valley MSBL.  Lots of great competition.. only thing is here in cali.. most MSBL leagues swing metal bats which can makes things difficult to be a pitcher.  

I think we are going to AZ to play in an MSBL tourney in October.  Hope that happens as i hear the fields out there are money.  

with all this talk about the leagues we all play in,i would love to see some of the uniforms everyone rocks..my team just ordered new ones today..will post pics when they come in

still waiting on the pics of this years jackie robinson day swingmans. somebody said he ordered them, pics would be highly appreciated! I'm pondering to buy them, but I don't know how they'd look with gray pants!

@doogie24: nice id's they look great. so sad that nike removed maroon from the available colors...so I'll never be able to customize some in my teams colors.

@PeJay147: great pics
i picked up a pair of the JRD cleats.  havent rocked them yet but i can post up some pics later if you guys want to see them.  i plan on wearing them with grey pants and doing a lace swap to neon green to match the swingman logo.  might even look good with camo laces if i can find them.  i should have worn them already but i am torn as they are sick and i am afraid to get them dirty.. haha.. i know.. lame right?  

i did find a matching A's military appreciation hat ($12 at marshalls) that i want to rock with them as well.  

ill post up some pics tonight if i get the chance. 

i picked up a pair of the JRD cleats.  havent rocked them yet but i can post up some pics later if you guys want to see them.  i plan on wearing them with grey pants and doing a lace swap to neon green to match the swingman logo.  might even look good with camo laces if i can find them.  i should have worn them already but i am torn as they are sick and i am afraid to get them dirty.. haha.. i know.. lame right?  

i did find a matching A's military appreciation hat ($12 at marshalls) that i want to rock with them as well.  

ill post up some pics tonight if i get the chance. 
id like to see the pics of the kicks..also a pic of the a's hat too

View media item 409372Can't wait for my knob decals come in!!! I designed it myself... I do graphics design on the side lemme know what y'all think of the logo... That's me in the pic !!!

I got it from View media item 409387

Prohelmetdecals didn't respond back to my order I called and place my order in march so I gave this other site a try.... They only charged me $19 to print 25 decals

Man those are dope. Might have to get some made for that price. Good work

Do you have a link on the site to exactly what you ordered? Having a little trouble finding the right ones for the bat knobs. Thanks

Last edited:
Can't wait for my knob decals come in!!! I designed it myself... I do graphics design on the side lemme know what y'all think of the logo... That's me in the pic !!!

I got it from

Prohelmetdecals didn't respond back to my order I called and place my order in march so I gave this other site a try.... They only charged me $19 to print 25 decals
dude that logo you made is DOPE...looks so awesome..might have to hit u up to draw something for me haha

i called and asked the lady not sure where its at on the site but if u call the number they can tell u... i just had everything ready when i called

Prohelmet decals suck *****!!!! Bad customer service. They never responded back to my email and phone message! I guess if u ain't a pro or NCAA team they throw u to the wayside. Pro tuff is legit...I get my knob decals from them.

@nikesource....the correct size for the bat decals are inch and a half.

Can't wait for my knob decals come in!!! I designed it myself... I do graphics design on the side lemme know what y'all think of the logo... That's me in the pic !!!

I got it from

whoa!!! thats awesome my man.  i might need to brush up my photoshop skills and get something like this for my sticks.  nice work!  when you get them in please post pics. 

Alright.. here they are.  When i bought them online i didnt see all of these details,  which is why i posted so many pics.. sorry bout that.  love these cleats and will have a hard time gettin them to the field.  if your on the fence about gettin them i hope these pics help you pull the trigger.  definitely worth it.  

since i had the camera out thought i would snap a few bonus pics.. little bit of the collection.. the mvp air max's are by far one of my favorite cleats this year.. also found the old school air diamond elites online last month.  

I have played in the MSBL here in the SF Bay for a few years.  The level of competition has changed a bit an now play in the SVBL.  My travel team plays in MSBL sponsored tournaments though.. played down in Palm Desert earlier this year.. which is awesome in January.  The most legit MSBL league i played in was the tri valley MSBL.  Lots of great competition.. only thing is here in cali.. most MSBL leagues swing metal bats which can makes things difficult to be a pitcher.  

I think we are going to AZ to play in an MSBL tourney in October.  Hope that happens as i hear the fields out there are money.  
Hey Guys Long time lurker first time Posting. Here In San Diego We have About 3 Leagues And play ball year round. Compitetion is prety good, lots of good pitching and most of the better teams play in the wood divisions. Looking forward to taking our team to Phoenix this year, I've done the Vegas Turney  in the past and had a blast. Hopefully when we get closer to Oct I will get to play against some of you guys in Phoenix.

View media item 409632

View media item 409633

View media item 409638

View media item 409641

View media item 409644

View media item 409647

View media item 409649

View media item 409652

View media item 409653

Alright.. here they are.  When i bought them online i didnt see all of these details,  which is why i posted so many pics.. sorry bout that.  love these cleats and will have a hard time gettin them to the field.  if your on the fence about gettin them i hope these pics help you pull the trigger.  definitely worth it.  
Dopee. Do those JRD griffeys run big?

Honestly.. i havent tried them on yet so couldnt tell you.  I have the griffey air max 360's and they fit perfectly so i would assume similar sizing.  everyone's foot is different though.. if you have never owned a pair of griffeys i would suggest going to a local sports store and tryin some on before making a purchase.  

Honestly.. i havent tried them on yet so couldnt tell you.  I have the griffey air max 360's and they fit perfectly so i would assume similar sizing.  everyone's foot is different though.. if you have never owned a pair of griffeys i would suggest going to a local sports store and tryin some on before making a purchase.  
Oh ok will do ASAP..

thanks for the pics..as a new era collector i will have to check my marshals to see what they got

Back
Top Bottom