MN World Premier: Air Jordan "Bordeaux" VII 2011 VIA Modern Notoriety

^
"sat" is wrong term.

After you sold 3 million records, your CD ain't "sitting' in the stores because you see it for sale openingly.

This site boy... Gift and curse sometimes...

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by kevi

can we see how these look on the feet

with jeans

14cxi02.jpg

pimp.gif
  , Glad my fellow NTer defelicea got me a pair! 

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I just got my shipping confirmation from The NBA store.
pimp.gif
Just got mine also! I think im going to start copping from them more often! 
pimp.gif
checked the NBA store and I only see the Orions. You guys have a direct link?

i think they all out as of now my dude.. it was just on there last night nd fri.. im waiting aswell for nba to restock so i can use my 20%... hopefulli tomm or sumtime this week. if not, one pair from ndc is cool. =)

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I just got my shipping confirmation from The NBA store.
pimp.gif
Just got mine also! I think im going to start copping from them more often! 
pimp.gif
checked the NBA store and I only see the Orions. You guys have a direct link?

i think they all out as of now my dude.. it was just on there last night nd fri.. im waiting aswell for nba to restock so i can use my 20%... hopefulli tomm or sumtime this week. if not, one pair from ndc is cool. =)

I remember the way it used to be, no problem buying Jordans a month after release.  I remember buying the Concords a couple of months after release at a department store (Belk I think).  I didn't like them when they first released.  I wish it was still like this but people hoard for collecting and reselling now.  Not only are the Bordeaux VIIs taking me back in time but so is talking about these things.

Originally Posted by 619destroyer

the DB Manager at my local spot WONT honor the $30 coupon for this release,ima call the District Manager on Monday and complaint about it

My local FL didn't honor the $30 coupon either..do you really think calling and filing a complaint will do anything?For the Kobe 6 rice and chaos I know some were able to use the $20/30 coupon but again I was unsuccessful. It really is unfair that some do and some don't accept it.Walter..

I remember the way it used to be, no problem buying Jordans a month after release.  I remember buying the Concords a couple of months after release at a department store (Belk I think).  I didn't like them when they first released.  I wish it was still like this but people hoard for collecting and reselling now.  Not only are the Bordeaux VIIs taking me back in time but so is talking about these things.

the DB Manager at my local spot WONT honor the $30 coupon for this release,ima call the District Manager on Monday and complaint about it

My local FL didn't honor the $30 coupon either..do you really think calling and filing a complaint will do anything?For the Kobe 6 rice and chaos I know some were able to use the $20/30 coupon but again I was unsuccessful. It really is unfair that some do and some don't accept it.Walter..

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
"sat" is wrong term.

After you sold 3 million records, your CD ain't "sitting' in the stores because you see it for sale openingly.

Great analogy....I remember being able to choose between the 6, 7,8 in stores when I was younger.  Every little sport shop in my area had jordans. 

^
"sat" is wrong term.

Great analogy....I remember being able to choose between the 6, 7,8 in stores when I was younger.  Every little sport shop in my area had jordans. 

Originally Posted by zoomin6

In the outlet post someone stated that an email was sent out to all Footlocker companies that "All VIP coupons must be accepted no matter when the release". But who knows. I don't work for them nor have I seen the email with my own eyes.

In the outlet post someone stated that an email was sent out to all Footlocker companies that "All VIP coupons must be accepted no matter when the release". But who knows. I don't work for them nor have I seen the email with my own eyes.

Originally Posted by vcof2005

the email was sent out...my guy at footaction told me Saturday that it can be used..and they received the e-mail

Originally Posted by vcof2005

the email was sent out...my guy at footaction told me Saturday that it can be used..and they received the e-mail

Originally Posted by elrodo33

Bordeauxs were my 2nd pair of Air Jordans ever. I was 8 yrs old. I even had the matching shorts that had a big 23 print on one thigh and the tongue print on the other. So yea these shoes bring back very special memories.

Originally Posted by elrodo33

Bordeauxs were my 2nd pair of Air Jordans ever. I was 8 yrs old. I even had the matching shorts that had a big 23 print on one thigh and the tongue print on the other. So yea these shoes bring back very special memories.

Originally Posted by 430AM

My personal pair has green in the tounge.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They're being shipped to me so I'll post pics once they're in hand.
So, please tell "memphissfinest" to, in the words of THE ROCK, "Know your damn role and shut your damn mouth!"

laugh.gif

This JB hypebeast swore no had "green" on their joints just cause he went through "3 stock rooms" and come up empty handed.  Even accused many of us of being "liars" if ain't post pics to prove HIM (of all NTers) wrong.

laugh.gif

#bammas
STILL RIDING MY JOCK I SEE...GOOD FORM YOU GOT TOO...

LET THE GUY POST HIS PICS AND PROVE NOT ONLY ME BUT OTHER NT'ERS WRONG AS WELL. GUESS WHAT, I BET NO ONE WILL POST PICS OF RELEASE DAY PAIRS WITH GREEN....EITHER WAY I'M HAPPY WITH MY PAIR COMING IN THE MAIL SO AT THE END OF THE DAY IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER MUCH TO ME.

O YEA, EMOTICONS TO MAKE THIS POST FUNNY....
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
wink.gif

#HYPEBEASTS

Originally Posted by 430AM

My personal pair has green in the tounge.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They're being shipped to me so I'll post pics once they're in hand.
So, please tell "memphissfinest" to, in the words of THE ROCK, "Know your damn role and shut your damn mouth!"

laugh.gif

This JB hypebeast swore no had "green" on their joints just cause he went through "3 stock rooms" and come up empty handed.  Even accused many of us of being "liars" if ain't post pics to prove HIM (of all NTers) wrong.

laugh.gif

#bammas
STILL RIDING MY JOCK I SEE...GOOD FORM YOU GOT TOO...

LET THE GUY POST HIS PICS AND PROVE NOT ONLY ME BUT OTHER NT'ERS WRONG AS WELL. GUESS WHAT, I BET NO ONE WILL POST PICS OF RELEASE DAY PAIRS WITH GREEN....EITHER WAY I'M HAPPY WITH MY PAIR COMING IN THE MAIL SO AT THE END OF THE DAY IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER MUCH TO ME.

O YEA, EMOTICONS TO MAKE THIS POST FUNNY....
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
wink.gif

#HYPEBEASTS

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by beh235

To those who actually remember the shoe. I remember when they first came out. They sat. If you really like the shoe then fine, no problem. I honestly think people were dying for the shoe because it was one of the few colorways not yet to be retroed. When I think of this colorway, I think of the Maroon VI's as well. People want those, but as I recall, that shoe sat around for a long time. I just remembered the days where the Bulls colorways were most desirable because MJ played and wore those in games the majority of the time.
If you're going to use that mentality, then the only reason ANY pair of retro Air Jordan sells well is due to hype, because just about ALL of them "sat" when they originally came out even in Chicago.  With the exception of the black/red XIs, I clearly remember all the current models sitting on shelves so long that you could pick them up at a pretty good mark down on clearance each year when the next models were coming out.  Yes, that includes the precious infrared VIs, and even the now so popular XIs.  I remember people constantly commenting about how hideous the XI was, calling them rain shoes, cop shoes, etc. and saying that the only reason some people were buying them was because they were Jordans.  Otherwise, no one would buy a shoe that ugly.  Now people talk about how awesome patent leather is, and how they're a classic and possibly the best Air Jordan ever made in the original line up.  Funny how things change 10+ years later, isn't it?

You have to keep in mind that AJs were made in HUGE quantities when they were new/current models.  Not only did they have a ton on release day, but they were restocked multiple times for each model.  If a store ran out, they ordered more.  If they ran out again, they reordered again.  They were just like any regular consumer merchandise.  There was no such thing as quick strikes, or limited runs, or even single stocks on AJs back then.  For example, everyone and their mother had the AJ VI when I was in high school, yet the stores never ran out of them before the VIIs came out.  So the fact they "sat" is not an indication that they weren't popular.  They were just grossly mass produced due to the HUGE demand.
spot on. 
Not only that but if people didnt like them and now they do its because of hype, but more than anything I'd say its due to style and preferences changing over the years.
I remember in the earlier pages of the Bordeaux thread people were bashing and complaining. come release day they most likely copped
laugh.gif
I have always been into sneakers even when  all brands was selling( like the fila Paten leather Grant Hills, ) but for as long as i know Jordan's sold out, now don't get we wrong there was shoes  that dropped and sat around for a few but for the most part they sold out....

hype now a days is times one hundred million but the patent leathers xi was always a sell out, one reason they dropped the patent leather Dennis rodman in 96' and the grant hills as i mentioned above the same year....i remember the the bred xi first came out i asked my mom to pick me up a pair, went to the store, sold out and i  had to be a size 6 or 7. long story short the hype has always been there and it started with the air Jordan 1 release because it was the one and only Micheal Jordan.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by beh235

To those who actually remember the shoe. I remember when they first came out. They sat. If you really like the shoe then fine, no problem. I honestly think people were dying for the shoe because it was one of the few colorways not yet to be retroed. When I think of this colorway, I think of the Maroon VI's as well. People want those, but as I recall, that shoe sat around for a long time. I just remembered the days where the Bulls colorways were most desirable because MJ played and wore those in games the majority of the time.
If you're going to use that mentality, then the only reason ANY pair of retro Air Jordan sells well is due to hype, because just about ALL of them "sat" when they originally came out even in Chicago.  With the exception of the black/red XIs, I clearly remember all the current models sitting on shelves so long that you could pick them up at a pretty good mark down on clearance each year when the next models were coming out.  Yes, that includes the precious infrared VIs, and even the now so popular XIs.  I remember people constantly commenting about how hideous the XI was, calling them rain shoes, cop shoes, etc. and saying that the only reason some people were buying them was because they were Jordans.  Otherwise, no one would buy a shoe that ugly.  Now people talk about how awesome patent leather is, and how they're a classic and possibly the best Air Jordan ever made in the original line up.  Funny how things change 10+ years later, isn't it?

You have to keep in mind that AJs were made in HUGE quantities when they were new/current models.  Not only did they have a ton on release day, but they were restocked multiple times for each model.  If a store ran out, they ordered more.  If they ran out again, they reordered again.  They were just like any regular consumer merchandise.  There was no such thing as quick strikes, or limited runs, or even single stocks on AJs back then.  For example, everyone and their mother had the AJ VI when I was in high school, yet the stores never ran out of them before the VIIs came out.  So the fact they "sat" is not an indication that they weren't popular.  They were just grossly mass produced due to the HUGE demand.
spot on. 
Not only that but if people didnt like them and now they do its because of hype, but more than anything I'd say its due to style and preferences changing over the years.
I remember in the earlier pages of the Bordeaux thread people were bashing and complaining. come release day they most likely copped
laugh.gif
I have always been into sneakers even when  all brands was selling( like the fila Paten leather Grant Hills, ) but for as long as i know Jordan's sold out, now don't get we wrong there was shoes  that dropped and sat around for a few but for the most part they sold out....

hype now a days is times one hundred million but the patent leathers xi was always a sell out, one reason they dropped the patent leather Dennis rodman in 96' and the grant hills as i mentioned above the same year....i remember the the bred xi first came out i asked my mom to pick me up a pair, went to the store, sold out and i  had to be a size 6 or 7. long story short the hype has always been there and it started with the air Jordan 1 release because it was the one and only Micheal Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom