MN WORLD PREMIER: Air Jordan III White/Cement Grey-Fire Red 2011 Via Modern Notoriety *UPDATED*

Originally Posted by ijapino

About the cement print....

I've said this a million times, but cement print on J's (ESPECIALLY the 2003's III's) are very inconsistent as far as thickness of the lines. When the white/cements came out in 2003 I ended up with 6 pairs. All of which had different elephant print boldness. I'm assuming it'll be the same with these new ones.

Think of it like this: You have multiple sheets of material which gets stamped by a huge elephant print stamp. The stamps on top or closer to the stamp probably get the thicker looking print while the bottom layer sheets get the lighter print.

^ So Its Basicly The Luck Of The Draw.??

These Are A Chilled Shoe... I Wanted The Fire Reds When They Last Retroed But I Passed. Mite Possibly Pick These Up For The Low If I Can.

I've said this a million times, but cement print on J's (ESPECIALLY the 2003's III's) are very inconsistent as far as thickness of the lines. When the white/cements came out in 2003 I ended up with 6 pairs. All of which had different elephant print boldness. I'm assuming it'll be the same with these new ones.

Think of it like this: You have multiple sheets of material which gets stamped by a huge elephant print stamp. The stamps on top or closer to the stamp probably get the thicker looking print while the bottom layer sheets get the lighter print.

^ So Its Basicly The Luck Of The Draw.??

These Are A Chilled Shoe... I Wanted The Fire Reds When They Last Retroed But I Passed. Mite Possibly Pick These Up For The Low If I Can.

exactly.

even the 2001 3s were like that. ive seen black/cements and true blues with extra bold cement print and pairs with lighter cement print. it's just like the patent leather cut on XIs. some pairs have a higher patent cut than others (it's been like this even dating back to the original 1995 release).

exactly.

even the 2001 3s were like that. ive seen black/cements and true blues with extra bold cement print and pairs with lighter cement print. it's just like the patent leather cut on XIs. some pairs have a higher patent cut than others (it's been like this even dating back to the original 1995 release).

this is the elephant print from the previous two retros - the '94 is a paler grey (notice the rubber too) than the '03
but the print is almost the same in my opinion - thought they actually did a better job on the '03 print than the
'01 blk or true blue 3's - but the grey on the original 3 was darker than all these retros

Will get the new retro, need 3 pairs to wear of my favorite 3

this is the elephant print from the previous two retros - the '94 is a paler grey (notice the rubber too) than the '03
but the print is almost the same in my opinion - thought they actually did a better job on the '03 print than the
'01 blk or true blue 3's - but the grey on the original 3 was darker than all these retros

Will get the new retro, need 3 pairs to wear of my favorite 3

Very possible..

http://www.modern-notoriety.com/2010/09/mn-world-premier-air-jordan-iii-%e2%80%93-whitecement-grey-fire-red-2011/

Theres something about this cement print that brings it out more though.....hmm.

Very possible..

http://www.modern-notoriety.com/2010/09/mn-world-premier-air-jordan-iii-%e2%80%93-whitecement-grey-fire-red-2011/

Theres something about this cement print that brings it out more though.....hmm.

Elephant print yall....

The elephant print on the new III's are a lot thicker/bolder than before...i actually prefer the soft/lighter print on the older pairs...it looks a whole lot better

Elephant print yall....

The elephant print on the new III's are a lot thicker/bolder than before...i actually prefer the soft/lighter print on the older pairs...it looks a whole lot better

they look dope imo, leather looks like the premium leather on the ms 6. smh at people complaining about the elephant print, the elephant print looks diffrent on every pair. i will cop 3 pairs minimum and love them.

they look dope imo, leather looks like the premium leather on the ms 6. smh at people complaining about the elephant print, the elephant print looks diffrent on every pair. i will cop 3 pairs minimum and love them.

Can these dudes take a normal picture already? All I want are normal angles from a normal distance. They did this same garbage with the Bordeauxs. There are only 1 or 2 pictures out of that whole bunch that give me an idea of how they really look.

Can these dudes take a normal picture already? All I want are normal angles from a normal distance. They did this same garbage with the Bordeauxs. There are only 1 or 2 pictures out of that whole bunch that give me an idea of how they really look.

copped 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HAAA so we trippin bout the print? on my blackcat 3's i have thicker lines on the front then on the back of my right shoe. on the left shoe the differnce in lines are so different. its vice-versa tho. the front is waaaaaay thinner then the thicker back part....
3 qwik pics to show wat i mean

also fakes have the lines painted on opposed to being stamped

i aint trippin bout elephant print lines

good thing tho is the midsole looks more flat painted then glossy like the some past retro 3's or recent 9's

HAAA so we trippin bout the print? on my blackcat 3's i have thicker lines on the front then on the back of my right shoe. on the left shoe the differnce in lines are so different. its vice-versa tho. the front is waaaaaay thinner then the thicker back part....
3 qwik pics to show wat i mean

also fakes have the lines painted on opposed to being stamped

i aint trippin bout elephant print lines

good thing tho is the midsole looks more flat painted then glossy like the some past retro 3's or recent 9's

hmmm....might need these.

look good to me. I just hope the midsole paint doesnt have the cracking problem like most recent 3s
30t6p3b.gif

If it does, my '03s will be good enough.

hmmm....might need these.

look good to me. I just hope the midsole paint doesnt have the cracking problem like most recent 3s
30t6p3b.gif

If it does, my '03s will be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom