Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

true but that goes back to amy not being on the level of dave or chris

yet when she renegotiates its ok

like neither schumer nor monique are comic heavyweights but only one is being bashed
if you think schumer and monique are on the same level you are mistaken

schumer isn't funny to me either but im not fooled in to thinking she isn't 10x as popular as monique

true but that goes back to amy not being on the level of dave or chris

yet when she renegotiates its ok

like neither schumer nor monique are comic heavyweights but only one is being bashed

Amy sold out the Garden twice

Just because you aren't in to her, doesn't mean others aren't. Remember she represents 60%+ of our country.

Monique isn't getting close to 10,000 seat arenas dolo. That is Dave, Kevin Hart and Chris Rock territory.

schumer isn't funny to me either but im not fooled in to thinking she isn't 10x as popular as monique

I think people trip over this fact and confuse it for "Amy is more talented".
Again, I ask for another comedian that has <3 movies in the past 10 years that can come back now with little to no buzz and get top billed money?

Y'all trying to make this more than what it is. Monique ain't that damn popular anymore and she let her ego get the best of her. That's all there is to it.

Idk if this has been touched on, but who approached who initially?

if you think schumer and monique are on the same level you are mistaken

i didnt say theyre on the same level

i said neither are the giants of comedy that dave and co are

Amy sold out the Garden twice

Just because you aren't in to her, doesn't mean others aren't. Remember she represents 60%+ of our country.

Monique isn't getting close to 10,000 seat arenas dolo. That is Dave, Kevin Hart and Chris Rock territory.

i hear this garden stuff but how is that any different from monique standing on her resume?

and did she really sell out twice? hell celebs are buying twitter followers could they buy empty seats in the arena too?

So imagine you're an investor and Steve Case, former CEO and fonder of AOL, came to you cold and said he had a new product. It's gonna change the internet as we know, change water to wine. You say ok, let me see it. He scoffs at you and says, "I'm the former CEO and fonder of America Online. I don't have to show you ****!"

Would you give him your money?

i hear this garden stuff but how is that any different from monique standing on her resume?

Amy "sold out" her shows within the past 2-3 years
Mo's resume peaks almost 10 years ago, shows little to no action for a few years then resurfaces with 1 okay movie almost 3 years ago.

Or there is an audience that will pay to see her. Might not be folks in this thread that feel that way, but this is a board that started being about sneakers.

it just seems like amy is getting by for being white than being talented

That may be true but when she complained she was still hot from Trainwreck, even with the barely "successful" Snatched movie. She had some hype and honestly she just complained at the right time. Netflix was fooled once, they won't be fooled twice.

If Mo was asking for more a special after After Christmas she might have gotten a better offer since she was recently active, but right now she is cold and asking for a boycott is gonna keep her on ice and ostracized

I think people trip over this fact and confuse it for "Amy is more talented".
Again, I ask for another comedian that has <3 movies in the past 10 years that can come back now with little to no buzz and get top billed money?
If you are a fan of Hip-Hop this should not be surprising to anyone, its all about following, Macklemore is not better than Big K.R.I.T but he will outsell him 10 times out of 10.

gimmick? foh

thats the problem its like you cant help yourself, you just compelled to demean

but its probably cuz i generally dont fire off on ppl on here that yall feel so comfortable

gimmick? foh

thats the problem its like you cant help yourself, you just compelled to demean

but its probably cuz i generally dont fire off on ppl on here that yall feel so comfortable

Psychotherapy is a beneficial treatment. Not sure how that's demeaning. Don't turn it into a negative.

facetiousness

unfortunately for me i dont have the benefit of knowing who you are or what you post to make determinations like that

Shrewd move by Mo'nique. I thought she was playing herself by asking for a Netflix boycott but it was actually a smart move. She knew good and well nobody was boycotting Netflix, she just wanted a reason to air her grievances publicly. She brought Netflix some negative publicity and about dozens of think pieces were written about her being treated poorly, lowballed, etc. and eventually, Netflix caved and offered her more money.

She got her money because she whined to the public, not because Netflix all of a sudden thinks she's worth more. No shame in that game, get it how you live Mo'nique.

Shrewd move by Mo'nique. I thought she was playing herself by asking for a Netflix boycott but it was actually a smart move. She knew good and well nobody was boycotting Netflix, she just wanted a reason to air her grievances publicly. She brought Netflix some negative publicity and about dozens of think pieces were written about her being treated poorly, lowballed, etc. and eventually, Netflix caved and offered her more money.

She got her money because she whined to the public, not because Netflix all of a sudden thinks she's worth more. No shame in that game, get it how you live Mo'nique.
there's actually a lot of a shame in that

there's actually a lot of a shame in that

Would I do it? No, I have too much self-respect, but thats just me. Mo'nique knows a company as big as Netflix would rather pay a little extra money to make bad publicity go way than stand their ground. An extra $2 or $3 million is nothing to them.

She has black folks caping for her when she's in it purely for her own personal gain.

Where are you seeing that Netflix caved and gave her more money? Also I've seen more people coming out of the wood work saying Mo'nique is an awful person to work with than negative pieces about Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom