Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

So when is the special coming out? I now will watch critically and proceed to judge accordingly.

Where are you seeing that Netflix caved and gave her more money? Also I've seen more people coming out of the wood work saying Mo'nique is an awful person to work with than negative pieces about Netflix.

I thought Netflix upped the offer to $3 million based on her complaining.

i think they initially offered three but wanter her to audition

when she said no to that the offer dropped to 500k

I hope this is the case; I'm glad to here Netflix didn't cave. I hate when people abuse the goodwill of others. She knew that if she claimed racism, sexism, colorism, gender-bias or whatever type of intersectionality she thinks applies to her that she'd have people coming out of the woodwork to support her. Every black and feminist website/blog came out defending her when anyone with eyes knew exactly what her plan was.

i hear this garden stuff but how is that any different from monique standing on her resume?

and did she really sell out twice? hell celebs are buying twitter followers could they buy empty seats in the arena too?

we're talking about Madison Square Garden b....da most expensive arena in NYC... :lol:

And im sure two weeks ago buying twitter followers would have been going down a conspiracy rabbit hole too

Like what's a couple thousands in seats to leveraging netflix for millions

And im sure two weeks ago buying twitter followers would have been going down a conspiracy rabbit hole too

Like what's a couple thousands in seats to leveraging netflix for millions

Everyone knows that big name social media personalities pay for Instagram and Twitter followers. Remember that big Instagram Purge of 2016? We saw a lot of people with millions of Instagram followers have there follower base cut in half because half of them were robots.

Like ninjahood ninjahood I was saying, even the cheap seats in Madison Square Garden or a couple of hundred dollars. It really makes no sense to spend millions of dollars to buy thousands of seats in Madison Square Garden in order to leverage that against Netflix.

Na ppl are clowning her for wanting more and for asking us to boycott netflix. And because she used to be heavy, and because she doesn't have a buzz and etc. Etc.
It's sad.

For some reason this reminds me of that quote "Confidence is not 'They WILL like me.' Confidence is 'If they don't like me, I'll be fine.'"

Everyone knows that big name social media personalities pay for Instagram and Twitter followers. Remember that big Instagram Purge of 2016? We saw a lot of people with millions of Instagram followers have there follower base cut in half because half of them were robots.

Like ninjahood ninjahood I was saying, even the cheap seats in Madison Square Garden or a couple of hundred dollars. It really makes no sense to spend millions of dollars to buy thousands of seats in Madison Square Garden in order to leverage that against Netflix.
Was she even in talks with Netflix at that point? People think she planned that far ahead? It seems unlikely

I think I see where h2hk is trying to go with this.

I understand What could lead someone to think consider the possibility that Schumer has gained the amount of popularity that she has as a result of her being propped up by white Hollywood execs. It’s not far fetched. But ultimately, it’s not something that can be readily proven by Mo’Nique or very many of us as we don’t have access into that world. It’s all speculation. Sure, there may be validity to it, but it’s still speculation none the less.

From my understanding of business and how their decisions are made, Mo’Nique doesn’t have a legitimate leg to stand on for wanting comparable pay, as she hasn’t had the hot streak that Amy has had. We can’t deviate from this factor by trying to discover what the causal factors are behind Schumer’s streak, because that conflates the issue. Perhaps there are Hollywood execs giving Amy the push. Perhaps a large amount of women genuinely find her funny. We don’t know these things definitively. But we do know that Mo’Nique has burned burned a few bridges over the years and her career has suffered from it. That’s lead to a lack of visibility and notoriety over the years, which brings us to the present day where the demand is not what it once was.

How do you even purchase followers?

Srs.

It's easy. I see people selling followers quite a bit on IG. People just create thousands of face IG accounts attached to fake facebook accounts and fake telephone numbers. It's worth it for some. You can tell companies "I have X many thousands/millions of followers, pay me to advertiser your product or give me free stuff" knowing full well that half of your followers don't actually exist.

http://www.etonline.com/news/155527...an_among_stars_hit_hardest_by_instagram_purge

Here's an article about it. People were losing well over half of their followers on IG.

I think I see where h2hk is trying to go with this.

I understand What could lead someone to think consider the possibility that Schumer has gained the amount of popularity that she has as a result of her being propped up by white Hollywood execs. It’s not far fetched. But ultimately, it’s not something that can be readily proven by Mo’Nique or very many of us as we don’t have access into that world. It’s all speculation. Sure, there may be validity to it, but it’s still speculation none the less.

From my understanding of business and how their decisions are made, Mo’Nique doesn’t have a legitimate leg to stand on for wanting comparable pay, as she hasn’t had the hot streak that Amy has had. We can’t deviate from this factor by trying to discover what the causal factors are behind Schumer’s streak, because that conflates the issue. Perhaps there are Hollywood execs giving Amy the push. Perhaps a large amount of women genuinely find her funny. We don’t know these things definitively. But we do know that Mo’Nique has burned burned a few bridges over the years and her career has suffered from it. That’s lead to a lack of visibility and notoriety over the years, which brings us to the present day where the demand is not what it once was.

I can confirm that white women love Amy Shumer. My girl has the Trainwreck DVD and watches all of her specials.

Us urban black be the biggest ********rs of all of them too....
We ******** whatever is hot at the moment regardless of racial agenda.

Eminem?
Iggy Azelia- Fancy?
Slim Jesus?
Post Malone?

"urban blacks" aren't the ones propping up those artists or even the hip-hop industry as a whole. The vast majority of rap fans are white suburban kids. They're the ones who buy albums and sell out concerts. All things being equal, they'd rather listen to artists who look like them and make the music they like.

Also, don't include Eminem in there; he's actually one of the best rappers ever, he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Slim Jesus and Post Malone and Iggy.

Back
Top Bottom