Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

1. I named myself because I was giving an example of somebody who was not part of the creation of a "culture" but participate in an aspect of it and can outperform a person who's ethnicity created the aforementioned culture.

2. You got pedantic about "queens english" instead of english so I specified another relevant "outsider" community living in another culture and excelling at an aspect of it.

As for my answer..yes... I do believe there exists a minority brit who can speak and write better than 90% of white brits...

the real question is what makes you think there couldn't be?

and again you have obfuscated the discussion because "credibility" within an art form is not the same as "excelling at an aspect" like communication

spelling words and enunciation is not comparable to being able to make music a race of ppl can feel

eminem is white so he can never attest to the black experience

but since were here

put it like this in your english analogy

black people created ebonics but is a white person going to say they can speak it better than a black person?

maybe this guy

hqdefault.jpg

If we accept this premise to be true, doesn't that undercut your point though?

Future has had a longer more successful career than Vanilla Ice. So Future, the black artist, would be getting a undeserved push, not the white artist.
:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
i had something long
and thoughtfully articulated typed
to counter ur post
but my page just reloaded
and i lost everything i typed
because it didnt save my draft
and dont feel like typing it again
so ill just concede and say good point

EDIT: i got these two clowns each doubleposting just to keep up and they still getting bodied with the logic...lol

who double posted? you editing quotes

and it goes without saying but who called you a clown in this discussion? but you feel its necessary smh

and again you have obfuscated the discussion because "credibility" within an art form is not the same as "excelling at an aspect" like communication

spelling words and enunciation is not comparable to being able to make music a race of ppl can feel

eminem is white so he can never attest to the black experience

but since were here

put it like this in your english analogy

black people created ebonics but is a white person going to say they can speak it better than a black person?

maybe this guy

using your logic; blacks can't excel at classical music because they can't attest to the experience of whites who created it

what are you talking about breh

eminem was a broke ******** who grew up in hiphop and grinded his way to fame and fortune through pure skill and marketability...

if you can't relate to the struggle of a person of another race... it sounds like a personal issue

I can relate to the struggle of any person and if they have skill to put **** into words i **** with em....

if you think every artform is race specific, then I feel sorry for the sheltered life you live.

Eminem > 90% of rappers who have ever spit a verse
Eminem =/= a rapper to speak on black struggle
Eminem = a rapper who spoke on real life struggle period

using your logic; blacks can't excel at classical music because they can't attest to the experience of whites who created it

what are you talking about breh

eminem was a broke ******** who grew up in hiphop and grinded his way to fame and fortune through pure skill and marketability...

if you can't relate to the struggle of a person of another race... it sounds like a personal issue

I can relate to the struggle of any person and if they have skill to put **** into words i **** with em....

if you think every artform is race specific, then I feel sorry for the sheltered life you live.

Eminem > 90% of rappers who have ever spit a verse
Eminem =/= a rapper to speak on black struggle
Eminem = a rapper who spoke on real life struggle period
no wonder ur on "THAT" list

but when the outsiders are say a jamaican bobsled team or the greatest heavyweight champ of the 20th century, there arent caps put in place right?

Yes, minority athletes have sometimes been seen as less credible when they participate in "white" sports...though it's a sentiment that I don't share

But how is that different from the premise that you're promoting?

Using your own logic, there is a certain level of credibility that the Jamaican bobsled team could never reach because bobsledding came from a different culture

the most flak i remember eminem getting was for kim and britney spears

and anyway hes made his millions and many more for pharmaceutical companies

meanwhile those rappers of today mentioned (predominately black) are treated as disposable and not nearly as successful nor given the same opportunity for longevity

but on the back of an eminem cats like g-eazy and riff raff sneak in

cats like mac miller can come in independant now while who knows how many (black) artists are overlooked

but the artform we created is for everybody let yall tell it

like who tho?

a ton of black artists have come up in the past couple years ...

mac miller hasn't been relevant in idk how long

Yes, minority athletes have sometimes been seen as less credible when they participate in "white" sports...though it's a sentiment that I don't share

But how is that different from the premise that you're promoting?

Using your own logic, there is a certain level of credibility that the Jamaican bobsled team could never reach because bobsledding came from a different culture

also cant be a credible black chess champion...

"he doesn't understand the spirit of the game"

they gonna throw a fit if a black woman wants to be an opera singer?

"she couldn't possibly comprehend the emotion"

they can't attest to the experience of whites who created it

Burgh (2006), suggests that the roots of Western classical music ultimately lie in ancient Egyptian art music via cheironomy and the ancient Egyptian orchestra, which dates to 2695 BC.[40] The development of individual tones and scales was made by ancient Greeks such as Aristoxenus and Pythagoras.[41] Pythagoras created a tuning system and helped to codify musical notation. Ancient Greek instruments such as the aulos (a reed instrument) and the lyre (a stringed instrument similar to a small harp) eventually led to the modern-day instruments of a classical orchestra.[42] The antecedent to the early period was the era of ancient music before the fall of the Roman Empire (476 AD). Very little music survives from this time, most of it from ancient Greece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music

Last edited:
they gonna throw a fit if a black woman wants to be an opera singer?

"she couldn't possible comprehend the emotion"
well.......
opera comes from italy
first romans were black
i think u know where im going with this

well.......
opera comes from italy
first romans were black
i think u know where im going with this

by that logic.... the first settlers of the U.S. were white...

hiphop comes from the U.S

i think you know where im going...

/s

so what about eminem isolates him from black culture?
u can hear it in his music
the things he raps about
are rarely things that the average black person could relate to
im sure u will TRY and find lyrics to refute that though
but most black folks dont mess with him like that
they may give him props
or say skill wise he is a good rapper
but he says nothing that i relate to

by that logic.... the first settlers of the U.S. were white...

hiphop comes from the U.S

i think you know where im going...

/s
actually.......
nvm i have a question
u really think the first settlers on the land of the americas were white????

Back
Top Bottom