Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

It sounds like you're saying that an artform should only be consumed, enjoyed, or participated in by the demographic that created it. Is that what you believe?
nah
but if we being real
lot of music wouldn't exist today if not for us black folks
they like to demonize it
then consume and enjoy it
before they take it over
they stole a lot of our stuff and appropriated it

you could goto china.... learn how to cook chinese cuisine....

then come back to the states and **** on 90% of the chinese spots out here

real recognize real...

asian bboys
hispanic graffiti writers
whens the first time m&m spoke on
the trials and tribulations
of the people whose culture he appropriated
most folks only heard him first speak on it at the bet awards
and how long he been in the game

eminem didn't appropriate hiphop

he grew up in it...

cant remember the last stand up i seen
but she had me dying in the queens of comedy YEARS ago
and ive seen her stand up since just cant remember
but i remember enjoying it

QoC came out 17 years ago

you can't remember anything else in 17 years breh?

you proving netflix's point

eminem didn't appropriate hiphop

he grew up in it...

QoC came out 17 years ago

you can't remember anything else in 17 years breh?

you proving netflix's point
she's been in dozens of movies i can remember since
i just cant think of the standups
hell amy schemer been in a couple in the last few years and i cant remember any

i believe that no one not of the demographic that created it should ever be "more credible" than 90% of the people who created it

i wouldnt become a sushi chef, go to japan, and then say im more credible than 90% of japanese sushi chefs

and who is doing the consuming in this analogy? the people who created it or the people of the same race as the artist that have a vested interest in his success?

Is this to say that an artist has an innate level of credibility that is tied directly to their personal demographic and it's relation to the demographic of the artform's creators? I get what you're saying, but I personally think it's 100% plausible to say that you could become a top tier sushi chef despite a lack of Japanese heritage.

I didn't really understand the question at the end there. What vested interest do you mean?

you could goto china.... learn how to cook chinese cuisine....

then come back to the states and **** on 90% of the chinese spots out here

even then i could say im better than a chinese person at chinese food?

that would be me saying i was taught by the best teacher in the world

and eminem own lyrics say he think he cute and he helped dre get back to the top

doesnt sound like homage to me

Is this to say that an artist has an innate level of credibility that is tied directly to their personal demographic and it's relation to the demographic of the artform's creators? I get what you're saying, but I personally think it's 100% plausible to say that you could become a top tier sushi chef despite a lack of Japanese heritage.

I didn't really understand the question at the end there. What vested interest do you mean?

i mean white people inserting and supporting one of their own to claim him supreme

kinda like the whole #oscarssowhite notion

yes

as an example:

I'm 100% certain that I (a black man in America) can find some people in england who i can read and speak english better than.
if that aint a false equivalent
plus our english and theirs is different

i mean white people inserting and supporting one of their own to claim him supreme

kinda like the whole #oscarssowhite notion

Oh okay...pretty much like the "great white hope" thing

I disagree about outsiders having a cap to their credibility, but I understand what you're saying.

yes

as an example:

I'm 100% certain that I (a black man in America) can find some people in england who i can read and speak english better than.

queen's english? no you wont

english was based off their language so how are you going to speak it better than them

the minute you spell neighbor instead of neighbour you lost

queen's english? no you wont

english was based off their language so how are you going to speak it better than them

the minute you spell neighbor instead of neighbour you lost

So you're saying african immigrant communities in england can never have better written or oral skills than their white counterparts...

hmm.... sounds like your argument is pure racism if you flip it on its head

and there are definitely people in england that I can speak and write english better than.,. in the same way their are native born brits who can speak and write better than americans

Oh okay...pretty much like the "great white hope" thing

I disagree about outsiders having a cap to their credibility, but I understand what you're saying.

but when the outsiders are say a jamaican bobsled team or the greatest heavyweight champ of the 20th century, there arent caps put in place right?

So you're saying african immigrant communities in england can never have better written or oral skills than their white counterparts...

sounds like youre obfuscating your premise

is it you or an african immigrant?

and remember the benchmark is 90%

and there are definitely people in england that I can speak and write english better than.,. in the same way their are native born brits who can speak and write better than americans
U said u could
Now ur changing it

sounds like youre obfuscating your premise

is it you or an african immigrant?

and remember the benchmark is 90%

1. I named myself because I was giving an example of somebody who was not part of the creation of a "culture" but participate in an aspect of it and can outperform a person who's ethnicity created the aforementioned culture.

2. You got pedantic about "queens english" instead of english so I specified another relevant "outsider" community living in another culture and excelling at an aspect of it.

As for my answer..yes... I do believe there exists a minority brit who can speak and write better than 90% of white brits...

the real question is what makes you think there couldn't be?

EDIT: because you guys are pedantic... minority brit = african immigrant or otherwise

Last edited:
U said u could
Now ur changing it

i stand by my initial statement

I'm 100% certain that I (a black man in America) can find people in england who i can read and speak english better than.

please quote where i said I couldn't find anybody in england that i could speak better than?

EDIT: i got these two clowns each doubleposting just to keep up and they still getting bodied with the logic...lol

1. I named myself because I was giving an example of somebody who was not part of the creation of a "culture" but participate in an aspect of it and can outperform a person who's ethnicity created the aforementioned culture.

2. You got pedantic about "queens english" instead of english so I specified another relevant "outsider" community living in another culture and excelling at an aspect of it.

As for my answer..yes... I do believe there exists a minority brit who can speak and write better than 90% of white brits...

the real question is what makes you think there couldn't be?
ur changing what this discussion was about..........

Back
Top Bottom