Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

Em acknowledging his white privilege in the industry:

“Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself
If they were brown Shady'd lose, Shady sits on the shelf
But Shady's cute, Shady knew Shady's dimples would help
Make ladies swoon baby (ooh baby!) Look at my sales!
Let's do the math: if I was black, I woulda sold half
I ain't have to graduate from Lincoln High School to know that
But I could rap, so **** school, I'm too cool to go back
Gimme the mic, show me where the ****in' studio's at
When I was underground, no one gave a **** I was white
No labels wanted to sign me, almost gave up I was like, "**** it"
Until I met Dre, the only one to look past
Gave me a chance and I lit a fire up under his ***
Helped him get back to the top, every fan black that I got
Was probably his in exchange for every white fan that he's got
Like damn; we just swapped: sitting back, looking at ****, wow
I'm like my skin is just starting to work to my benefit now?”

I’d say his multi-platinum status trumps his difficulties in the undergroud scene.

you're putting da cart before da horse... Eminem been out for years before he popped on aftermath...languished, because of da prolonged stigma of da "white rapper"

But Proof couldn’t get signed either and by all accounts he was better than Em on that same underground scene.

But Proof couldn’t get signed either and by all accounts he was better than Em on that same underground scene.

Eminem was looked over for being white...
Vanilla Ice scared labels to ever sign another white rapper.

That acceptance may erase forever the stigma of Vanilla Ice, a white rapper who was so synthetic that he almost single-handedly stopped record companies from thinking about signing white rappers.

Eminem frowns when Vanilla Ice's name is mentioned.

"That crushed me," he says of first hearing Ice's smash single, "Ice Ice Baby," in 1991. Eminem (in his late teens at the time) was living in a low-income, predominantly black neighborhood and already testing his rap skills.

pixel.gif

"At first, I felt like I didn't want to rap anymore. I was so mad because he was making it really [hard] for me. . . . But then [the respected white New York duo] 3rd Bass restored some credibility, and I realized that it really depends on the individual. Vanilla Ice was just fake. 3rd Bass was real."

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/may/14/entertainment/ca-29770/2

And 3rd Bass had no problems being accepted. And Em got signed by one of the best labels in hip-hop at the time after being cosigned by the most prominent hip-hop magazine. I’m really confused about what you’re getting at here.

Em acknowledging his white privilege in the industry:

“Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself
If they were brown Shady'd lose, Shady sits on the shelf
But Shady's cute, Shady knew Shady's dimples would help
Make ladies swoon baby (ooh baby!) Look at my sales!
Let's do the math: if I was black, I woulda sold half
I ain't have to graduate from Lincoln High School to know that
But I could rap, so **** school, I'm too cool to go back
Gimme the mic, show me where the ****in' studio's at
When I was underground, no one gave a **** I was white
No labels wanted to sign me, almost gave up I was like, "**** it"
Until I met Dre, the only one to look past
Gave me a chance and I lit a fire up under his ***
Helped him get back to the top, every fan black that I got
Was probably his in exchange for every white fan that he's got
Like damn; we just swapped: sitting back, looking at ****, wow
I'm like my skin is just starting to work to my benefit now?”
funny people be thinking dre the mastermind
its really jimmy iovine

Dudes just reaching now

What did i say that was a reach?

No one has yet to respond to his ability to rap about drugs and how his bad boy image isn't decimated the way other rappers are

As far as his difficulty in getting signed by dresses I submit Kendrick duck worth as far as extraordinary circumstances go

And 3rd Bass had no problems being accepted. And Em got signed by one of the best labels in hip-hop at the time after being cosigned by the most prominent hip-hop magazine. I’m really confused about what you’re getting at here.
ur memory must not be good
or were little
when em got signed
aftermath was thought to be a bust
aftermath was not even considered close to one of the best labels

"That crushed me," he says of first hearing Ice's smash single, "Ice Ice Baby," in 1991. Eminem (in his late teens at the time) was living in a low-income, predominantly black neighborhood and already testing his rap skills.
if we being real
the lyrics in that song weren't bad
just the guy who was reciting those ghostwritten bars

im just saying em was criticized for his vulgarity and content his entire career (or maybe just pre relapse).

lots of rappers nowadays glorify drug use as well.

the most flak i remember eminem getting was for kim and britney spears

and anyway hes made his millions and many more for pharmaceutical companies

meanwhile those rappers of today mentioned (predominately black) are treated as disposable and not nearly as successful nor given the same opportunity for longevity

but on the back of an eminem cats like g-eazy and riff raff sneak in

cats like mac miller can come in independant now while who knows how many (black) artists are overlooked

but the artform we created is for everybody let yall tell it

these ****** still rallying behind monique...

...and slandering eminem in the process...
we slandering m&m
even though he slandered black women
and called em the n word
so we just suppose to let that go cause he made a bunch of
overrated
trash
music whose discography ages like cottage cheese

Pop goes the weasel cuz the weasel goes pop.

the most flak i remember eminem getting was for kim and britney spears

and anyway hes made his millions and many more for pharmaceutical companies

meanwhile those rappers of today mentioned (predominately black) are treated as disposable and not nearly as successful nor given the same opportunity for longevity

but on the back of an eminem cats like g-eazy and riff raff sneak in

cats like mac miller can come in independant now while who knows how many (black) artists are overlooked

but the artform we created is for everybody let yall tell it

It sounds like you're saying that an artform should only be consumed, enjoyed, or participated in by the demographic that created it. Is that what you believe?

It sounds like you're saying that an artform should only be consumed, enjoyed, or participated in by the demographic that created it. Is that what you believe?

i believe that no one not of the demographic that created it should ever be "more credible" than 90% of the people who created it

i wouldnt become a sushi chef, go to japan, and then say im more credible than 90% of japanese sushi chefs

and who is doing the consuming in this analogy? the people who created it or the people of the same race as the artist that have a vested interest in his success?

i believe that no one not of the demographic that created it should ever be "more credible" than 90% of the people who created it

i wouldnt become a sushi chef, go to japan, and then say im more credible than 90% of sushi chefs

and who is doing the consuming in this analogy? the people who created it or the people of the same race as the artist that have a vested interest in his success?

you could goto china.... learn how to cook chinese cuisine....

then come back to the states and **** on 90% of the chinese spots out here

real recognize real...

asian bboys
hispanic graffiti writers

Back
Top Bottom