Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

I already had the screwface when I read the title.

Monique aint no legend and what resume?

Gender and color bias? Monique don't belong in the names dropped with Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle.

There's a harsh truth that in comedy there aren't many female comics as funny as their male counterparts. Especially the legends. I don't know any female of any color as funny as Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy.

However, Amy Schumer is not funny. She don't deserve no millions. Plus she sound stupid talking about she shouldn't get the money legends get. If Netflix dumb enough to give you as much you take it. That's a whole other issue with the equal pay/pay gap problem; negotiating.... but I digress.

With that said, if Schumer is selling out MSG she obviously has a big enough fan base to demand a certain payday.

Monique, not so much. So if only Monique fans boycott Netflix not sure it'll even put a 500k dent in to their quarterly earnings.

For ppl who are strongly against racism and sexism and are for equality on all levels, I'm not sure they're gonna see this instance as a part of that.

The problem I see is Netflix does not have clear guidelines for how much they're willing to pay comedians for comedy specials or multi show deals. Seemed to me they were bull ****ting around with we don't look at resumes but then want to turn around and say they consider Monique a legend. Its one of those we dissing you but we trying to compliment you at the same time and want to part on good terms situations.

Last edited:
What maybe youb aren't getting is that I couldn't give 5 ****s about the game or politics

so what you're saying is you have no answer to why ol' girl's misfortunes is dubbing 1/2 a mill off Netflix people would argue is overpaying based on her comedic prowness...cool :lol:

so what you're saying is you have no answer to why ol' girl's misfortunes is dubbing 1/2 a mill off Netflix people would argue is overpaying based on her comedic prowness...cool :lol:
Na, that's what you're saying. What I'm saying is clear if you learned the concept of reading comprehension.

Was Amy schumer entitled when she also made a fuss about not getting the same as chappelle and rock and got paid more? No they applauded her. Hm...
Yes.

I'll say it now. I still think shes on borrowed time.

So she might be entitled and smart. She knows the atmosphere right now to be complaining about not getting close to the same pay. Netflix don't want to be out here looking like they purposely short females on pay.

This isn't about talent. Its about viewership.

If you bring the viewers you will get compensated fairly. Maybe not ENTIRELY fairly due to other factors such as race and gender, but let's be honest; If she had the following Amy Schumer has, she'd be getting paid more.

FTR, I hate Amy Schumer and don't find her funny.

At the end of the day...we all know what the machine that hollywood is and how it's ran. I have ZERO sympathy for anyone - man, woman, dog, black, white, brown, yellow, pink, blue, orange, whatever the **** - who gets eaten by it.

Trying to exploit the race or gender element in this is beyond insane to me but I get it :lol::smh:

We've seen Hollywood chew people up and spit them out again and again....and again. Mo'nique mad? Join the club :lol:

I DARE one of you ****** to pretend like ONLY black people get "blackballed" in show business :lol:

To paraphrase the late great Patrice O' Neal...that business is a beast that EATS it's participants and yet there's still a line of mf'ers waiting to join.

think i remember hearing an excerpt from opie & anthony where chris rock schooled patrice on show business

think it was them

I'm not allowing my wife back in the house if she told me she turned down 500k!!!. What type of beta male she married too smh

2 minutes in... 4:45 mins in...and....

I knew about the first vid and it was clear why she was blackballed but the 2nd vid daaaaammmmnnn.

What Oprah did was FOUL! Exploited her fam for ratings for sure. So Monique got a legit beef especially when Oprah got raped/molested as well. Comes off super hypocritical.

However, if you come for Oprah publicly whether you right or wrong you basically calling it a Reynolds on ya career.

I didnt even know Monique did stand up

Howling @ Monique being delusional enough to think she could get black twitter to rally up against Netflix :rofl:

So what does netflix really think Monique can get them? Like I see ppl saying if youre popular or hot youll get the viewership. In my opinion Monique is not whats hot right now, but netflix musta thought she was something. Like why even offer her a special if shes not that relevant?

So what does netflix really think Monique can get them? Like I see ppl saying if youre popular or hot youll get the viewership. In my opinion Monique is not whats hot right now, but netflix musta thought she was something. Like why even offer her a special if shes not that relevant?

cause its only 500 grand (not including other production costs)

cause its only 500 grand (not including other production costs)

Ok so Im not all too familiar with netflix specials but is this a usual thing? Like have they been throwin out 500k tier money to ppl of similar calibers or would she be a pioneer of this?

Like I said Im not giving shorty half an M by any means I just dont understand why she is gettin approached at all.

She's def needed on Netflix. My girl and I have watched all of the comedy specials. She would fit right up there.

If some of those dry *** white comedians are up there telling jokes to an audience full of ppl that laugh as they get on stage and tilt their head or breathe or blink then monique can get paid too.

One of Mo'Nique's old standup was on TV late night last month. It consisted of her yelling about eating food and her man eating her *****.

Chris Rock (my favorite comedian) talks about about putting his daughter through college, election season, etc. . I watched his latest tour live and he talked about his divorce and how he blames it on himself. You can really tell it's eating him up inside.

I can see where she's coming from, but she should at least have had some type of RECENT clout to do this. Sure, Amy Schumer is trash and her standup is mostly stealing other people's jokes and presenting them in a sarcastic deadpan mix delivery, but she was at least in several movies and all over different shows leading up to her own Netflix special. Outside of Precious in 2009 and Almost Christmas in 2016, what else has she been doing??

I can see where she's coming from, but she should at least have had some type of RECENT clout to do this. Sure, Amy Schumer is trash and her standup is mostly stealing other people's jokes and presenting them in a sarcastic deadpan mix delivery, but she was at least in several movies and all over different shows leading up to her own Netflix special. Outside of Precious in 2009 and Almost Christmas in 2016, what else has she been doing??

This is true but 500k? If Schumer can get 13 mil, Monique can get at least 4.

Back
Top Bottom