Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

She had Quincy's endorsement because he happened upon her on TV at random.

This happens all the time. It's called catching a break. A director might like something about someone with zero experience and offer them a read for an main role or cast them as an extra.

so cursed part iii gettin a part as an extra is the same as a supporting actress role alongside other greats

if it is then it goes back to my point itd be a break for a full time actor not a part timer

and furthermore if oprah was as dedicated to acting as yall say then she would be looking for parts in anything like law and order or as an extra

and getting the break from rae dawn chong is the same as quincy jones?

yall just told me that the entertainment business is interrelated so its ok for a giant in one sector to operate in another

so the giant rae dawn chong is is supposed to represent that actors get breaks right?

so in 1985 when oprah was according to yall a nothing little local tv talk show host she somehow "gets a break" from one of the biggest musical (another sector) producers is just oh well she got lucky beyond lucky?

and i thought we not taking rae dawn chongs word on nothing anyway cuz she was mean to oprah?

like what is a fulltime actor helping another fulltime actor supposed to prove?

SC kid SC kid CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE

Last edited:
furthermore if oprah was as dedicated to acting as yall say then she would be looking for parts in anything like law and order or as an extra

You trollin :lol:

She wanted to be in the movie cuz she loved the book.

so in 1985 when oprah was according to yall a nothing little local tv talk show host she somehow "gets a break" from one of the biggest musical (another sector) producers is just oh well she got lucky beyond lucky?

You know she still had to audition right? She didn't get handpicked on the spot when he saw her on TV.

I'm not even an Oprah fan but she killed that role.

You trollin :lol:

She wanted to be in the movie cuz she loved the book.

You know she still had to audition right? She didn't get handpicked on the spot when he saw her on TV.

I'm not even an Oprah fan but she killed that role.

i think all the controversy surrounding the book is why the movie had so much prestige attached to it

i dont think she loved the book as much as she loved what being a part of it would do for her image

not knocking the hustle just sayin that part going to a full time actress coulda done who knows what

you say she killed that role what other roles did she go on to kill being so dedicated to acting?

you would think after a nomination thats the best start to a career you could have as an actress

but oprah day job so wasnt acting so she made her billions over here but every once in a while just dip her little pinky toe back into the acting pool over there

Yup. Happens all the time. It's called catching a break. People are discovered. I don't know why you think this is such an unusual phenomenon. It's a completely ordinary occurrence.

Fame found sixteen-year-old Rosario Isabel Dawson when she was just sitting on her front porch on the Lower East Side. It was there that a photographer named Larry Clark and his young associate, Harmony Korine, discovered her.

After Channing Tatum's stint as a stripper, he moved to Florida and was discovered by a talent scout for a modeling agency while walking the Miami streets.

Johnny Depp had no intention of becoming an actor. He dropped out of school at fifteen years old to pursue music. After playing in several mildly successful bands, Depp got married (not for long) and they moved to LA to further his music career. While there, his wife introduced him to her friend, Nicolas Cage, who thought that Depp should get into acting. He considered it, but only as a way to make some money in order to continue his true passion: playing music

Best known for the titular role in Machete, Danny Trejo certainly never thought that he would end up an actor. He had a severe drug problem from a very young age, which landed him in prison several times. Not only did he become a boxing champ during a stint in San Quentin, but he also managed to go through a twelve-step program, which he credits with saving his life. It was in recovery that Trejo met a guy who would put him on a completely unexpected path.

This young man heard Trejo speak at a meeting and later called him for help… on the set of Runaway Train. Right away, Trejo, with his grizzled exterior, was asked to play an extra-- a convict, to be exact. There also happened to be a screenwriter there who had done time with Trejo and remembered his talent for boxing. He paid for Trejo to train guys on the set. The director witnessed him teaching actor Eric Roberts to fight and decided to give him a real part in the film.

Charlize Theron wanted to be a dancer. However, after injuring her knee, she was forced to consider her other options and wound up doing some modeling. Her acting career began, rather suddenly and strangely, in a bank. Theron was struggling to pay rent and when a bank teller refused to cash the check that she so desperately needed (it was from another state), Theron made a huge scene. Impressed by her flair for the dramatic, a talent agent, who happened to be waiting in line behind her, gave her a business card. Although theirs was not the beginning of a beautiful friendship, he did get her started in show business.

Marion Robert Morrison had aspirations of being a professional football player. Then an injury ended that dream and he was forced to take odd jobs to support himself. Eventually, he got a job working at the Fox Film Corporation on the “swing gang”. Those were basically the grunt workers, moving equipment, furniture, and handling props, among other things. Morrison’s athletic build made him an ideal stand-in and John Ford, one of Hollywood’s greatest directors of that time, upgraded him from stand in to geese herder in a film called Mother Machree.

Around this time, Marshall and Ford became friends, and Ford continued to give him work as an extra. Ford also introduced Marshall to other directors and this led to him being given his first starring role-- as well as the moniker of John Wayne. As everyone knows, John Wayne would go on to become the quintessential cowboy and his name is now synonymous with the word Western in the context of film.

Sarah Michelle Gellar had never considered acting. This is probably because she was discovered at a restaurant with her parents in Manhattan at the age of four. Almost immediately, she was cast in a TV movie and what turned out to be a controversial Burger King commercial. Eventually, she was cast in the role of Kendall Hart on the daytime soap All My Children. Gellar is best known for her role as the titular heroine of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, one of the greatest feminist icons of all time. However, her resume extends far beyond this incredible, career-defining role.

i think all the controversy surrounding the book is why the movie had so much prestige attached to it

i dont think she loved the book as much as she loved what being a part of it would do for her image

not knocking the hustle just sayin that part going to a full time actress coulda done who knows what

you say she killed that role what other roles did she go on to kill being so dedicated to acting?

you would think after a nomination thats the best start to a career you could have as an actress

but oprah day job so wasnt acting so she made her billions over here but every once in a while just dip her little pinky toe back into the acting pool over there

The story goes she was basically a super-fan of the book and wanted to be attached to the movie in any way. Bought it for her coworkers and all that. You actually made me look more into it and she said she would have even taken a non speaking or even non filmed role.

I don't know what other roles she killed, I just went and looked to see what else she was in and the only thing I've seen is Bee Movie and I ain't even know she was in it lol after TCP she wasn't in another actual movie until 1998. She had TV roles and voice acting roles in **** I've never seen or heard of. Sidenote I'm just now finding out Ellen had a sitcom.

She apparently did really well in The Butler and Selma though. She was a producer on Selma which I didn't know.

You are making me respect Oprah more after reading all this stuff.

And again, QJ didn't actually hand select her. He saw her and wanted her for an audition, she auditioned, and Spielberg picked her.

This thread has me going back and checking out famous Oprah moments and she was really ahead of her time with a lot of the topics she discussed

The show with those awful people from Forsyth County :sick: :sick: :sick:

but none of that is quincy jones word and furthermore all those ppl went on to ACT FULL TIME

Don't know why you're so caught up on Quincy Jones. Is he not allowed to assist in casting the films he's producing? :stoneface:

Yes they went on to act "full time" but before that they weren't actors at all and had no intention of being actors, but according to you "stole" roles from other actual actors.

i think all the controversy BLAH BLAH BLAH

i dont think she loved BLAH BLAH BLAH
It doesn't matter what you think when it comes to facts though.

You have no basis for your suspicion that she lied about anything.

You can't go pretending what you think is true and go from there when you don't know. That's what makes you a liar.

The story goes she was basically a super-fan of the book and wanted to be attached to the movie in any way. Bought it for her coworkers and all that. You actually made me look more into it and she said she would have even taken a non speaking or even non filmed role.

I don't know what other roles she killed, I just went and looked to see what else she was in and the only thing I've seen is Bee Movie and I ain't even know she was in it lol after TCP she wasn't in another actual movie until 1998. She had TV roles and voice acting roles in **** I've never seen or heard of. Sidenote I'm just now finding out Ellen had a sitcom.

She apparently did really well in The Butler and Selma though. She was a producer on Selma which I didn't know.

You are making me respect Oprah more after reading all this stuff.

And again, QJ didn't actually hand select her. He saw her and wanted her for an audition, she auditioned, and Spielberg picked her.

Exactly the butler and Selma two critically acclaimed prestigious movies not adam sandlers new movie

Im glad u respect oprah more i never came in here to hate oprah as a person just think that she needs to chill with the acting

Quincy jones puttin her up isnt just any small thing like those quotes jus some offhand thing

Don't know why you're so caught up on Quincy Jones. Is he not allowed to assist in casting the films he's producing? :stoneface:

Yes they went on to act "full time" but before that they weren't actors at all and had no intention of being actors, but according to you "stole" roles from other actual actors.

Assist is what were calling it now

An assist and a nomination for what? What did yall say a movie every half decade?

What could a fulltime actress do with an assist and a nomination?

And like i said none of that non speaking role stuff precludes the notion that her image in the movie is greater than her love of the book

It doesn't matter what you think when it comes to facts though.

You have no basis for your suspicion that she lied about anything.

You can't go pretending what you think is true and go from there when you don't know. That's what makes you a liar.

I never said she lied about anything

Her publicly stated reason and business motivation can be two different things

Exactly the butler and Selma two critically acclaimed prestigious movies not adam sandlers new movie

Im glad u respect oprah more i never came in here to hate oprah as a person just think that she needs to chill with the acting

I feel you. You should check out her filmography as an actress when you get a chance. It's legit mostly animated voice roles and TV spots here and there, and she executive produced a few of them.

I did not realize she had so many producer credits on other stuff either. Oprah really been putting in work.

I feel you. You should check out her filmography as an actress when you get a chance. It's legit mostly animated voice roles and TV spots here and there, and she executive produced a few of them.

I did not realize she had so many producer credits on other stuff either. Oprah really been putting in work.

Yea i was talkin about her appearance on fresh prince earlier

I also checked out loretta devine leslie uggams phylishia rashad alfre woodard lynn whitfield and whoopi imdbs too

The producing im obviously all for except when shes giving herself roles like in greenleaf which i brought up earlier and nobody responded to

Last edited:
so cursed part iii gettin a part as an extra is the same as a supporting actress role alongside other greats

if it is then it goes back to my point itd be a break for a full time actor not a part timer

and furthermore if oprah was as dedicated to acting as yall say then she would be looking for parts in anything like law and order or as an extra

and getting the break from rae dawn chong is the same as quincy jones?

yall just told me that the entertainment business is interrelated so its ok for a giant in one sector to operate in another

so the giant rae dawn chong is is supposed to represent that actors get breaks right?

and i thought we not taking rae dawn chongs word on nothing anyway cuz she was mean to oprah?

like what is a fulltime actor helping another fulltime actor supposed to prove?

nah the title suits the thread

instead of about monique you turned it into your own personal oprah hate thread

damn b why you hate her that much?

people have said as bad and maybe worse in this thread

where was this energy then?

?

you cosigning someone had called her that blows my mind

Then she attacked Oprah's looks. "She took a woman, if you look at the way she looks -- 60 years ago she would have been a housekeeper, luckily. She would not have been a house (n-word), she would've been a field (n-word)."

Word, son spent half this thread lying about Oprah and now he claiming the thread title isn't true :lol:

just stop cuz i dont hate oprah and i didnt do anything

dudes take an offhand i comment i made a month ago and blow it up and im doing something?

i get it u think ur being funny but to me it just shows you dont really give a f about oprah at all but if its an opportunity to get then jokes off well

All just to keep a baseless argument going.

whos keeping it going? im not the one quoting everything i say

whats baseless is these lying accusations and disagreeing this vehemently for a woman who dont know yall from adam

Her acting is more serious to yall in this thread just to disagree w me than it is to her and her actually doing it on more than a part time basis

She has as many credits as years past but shes a serious committed actress?

Roles arent given out on a fulltime/parttime basis

Roles are for fulltime actors

?

you cosigning someone had called her that blows my mind

how did i cosign? i said she said it about her its not an endorsement of everything she's ever said

see but what you want to do is really literally lie on me and say i cosigned that

deplorable

you dont want to take the word of someone who's actually met oprah and had that opinion of her fine

i wish i had mother teresa to testify instead

SC kid SC kid change the thread title

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom