Mods this topic has turned into flaming and insults please....

lock this thread as this is not what i wanted to happen. Just stating my suggestions and this is what i got thank you. If you need to suspend myaccount just please email me as i got into it by solezprogression and he posted our flaming. I aplogize and emailed solezprogression to also apologize for whathappened and it will not happen again if given a chance. Thank you.

when the jobs on the economy goes back to normal you guys should get a job instead of camping out a weeks or days ahead of time for popular shoes. I saw thepicture of the member here with stacks of kobe finals home man. Give other people that want the shoe a chance to get it. I went in hoh la thursday and most ofyou in front i know are resellers that do this for a living. Don't you guys just want to work normally a 9 to 5 job. Also go to a trade school learn to bea mechanic so you don't have to be in line at niketown or hoh stores all the time. I myself got laid off in february but i'm not camping out gettingshoes to sell to get money. I had to sell my collections which is not cool, but i had no choice. Also i am losing money on some of those collections, but i atleast have a reason for selling them. What about you guys. At least give others a chance to get them. This goes for all resellers that do this as a living.

It's America dude, people do whatever !#%#! they want. I admit I resell shoes before too and i have no shame.

Originally Posted by badboy074

when the jobs on the economy goes back to normal you guys should get a job instead of camping out a weeks or days ahead of time for popular shoes. I saw the picture of the member here with stacks of kobe finals home man. Give other people that want the shoe a chance to get it. I went in hoh la thursday and most of you in front i know are resellers that do this for a living. Don't you guys just want to work normally a 9 to 5 job. Also go to a trade school learn to be a mechanic so you don't have to be in line at niketown or hoh stores all the time. I myself got laid off in february but i'm not camping out getting shoes to sell to get money. I had to sell my collections which is not cool, but i had no choice. Also i am losing money on some of those collections, but i at least have a reason for selling them. What about you guys. At least give others a chance to get them. This goes for all resellers that do this as a living.

Your post is so self-contradictory I don't even know where to begin. But for starters you are coming down on people for buying a shoe to resell it to getmoney, and then admit that you are selling off shoes to get money. There really is no difference between them and you, except they're making a profit andyou're taking a loss (so you just sound salty to me). 2nd you are telling people to "just go get a job" as if its the easiest thing in the worldwhen the economy is $#!tty and you yourself have been unemployed and seeking employment since February. Finally, there are VERRRY FEW resellers who only doreselling as a living. In otherwords, reselling is one of many hustles for them. To make a living solely off of reselling would require an extremely largeamount of initial capital to invest (which obviously they don't have or they wouldn't be reselling to begin with) plus a ton of solid connects in theshoe business with store owners and managers.

So your advice doesn't really apply to anyone. You are telling people to get a job who either already have jobs or other hustles. They are reselling toSUPPLEMENT their income. Maybe instead of trying to $#!t on resellers, you might want to try doing it yourself for some extra cash so you won't have tosell off your coveted collection.
grin.gif

Oh, and as far as your last point where you say "at least give others a chance to get them"... who exactly do you think these people are resellingto??? Obviously there are people out there who don't have access to HOH for instance, that are willing to pay the marked up prices. So basically, whatyou're really saying is "at least give ME a chance to get them," which again simply points to your overall saltiness.

honestly in this economy it's not profitable to be a reseller. unless you take a risk and buy up a ton of certain styles and sit on them for years.Otherwise, end of the day, you're most likely breaking even when you factor in hours wasted in line, tax, shipping fees etc.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

when the jobs on the economy goes back to normal you guys should get a job instead of camping out a weeks or days ahead of time for popular shoes. I saw the picture of the member here with stacks of kobe finals home man. Give other people that want the shoe a chance to get it. I went in hoh la thursday and most of you in front i know are resellers that do this for a living. Don't you guys just want to work normally a 9 to 5 job. Also go to a trade school learn to be a mechanic so you don't have to be in line at niketown or hoh stores all the time. I myself got laid off in february but i'm not camping out getting shoes to sell to get money. I had to sell my collections which is not cool, but i had no choice. Also i am losing money on some of those collections, but i at least have a reason for selling them. What about you guys. At least give others a chance to get them. This goes for all resellers that do this as a living.

Your post is so self-contradictory I don't even know where to begin. But for starters you are coming down on people for buying a shoe to resell it to get money, and then admit that you are selling off shoes to get money. There really is no difference between them and you, except they're making a profit and you're taking a loss (so you just sound salty to me). 2nd you are telling people to "just go get a job" as if its the easiest thing in the world when the economy is $#!tty and you yourself have been unemployed and seeking employment since February. Finally, there are VERRRY FEW resellers who only do reselling as a living. In otherwords, reselling is one of many hustles for them. To make a living solely off of reselling would require an extremely large amount of initial capital to invest (which obviously they don't have or they wouldn't be reselling to begin with) plus a ton of solid connects in the shoe business with store owners and managers.

So your advice doesn't really apply to anyone. You are telling people to get a job who either already have jobs or other hustles. They are reselling to SUPPLEMENT their income. Maybe instead of trying to $#!t on resellers, you might want to try doing it yourself for some extra cash so you won't have to sell off your coveted collection.
grin.gif

Oh, and as far as your last point where you say "at least give others a chance to get them"... who exactly do you think these people are reselling to??? Obviously there are people out there who don't have access to HOH for instance, that are willing to pay the marked up prices. So basically, what you're really saying is "at least give ME a chance to get them," which again simply points to your overall saltiness.

You really said it

Don't knock someone's hustle. If you aren't on your game, then thats YOUR fault. I'm not one to camp for shoes, BUT if i happen to come acrosssome heat for the right price, you better believe that I'm going to cop as many pairs as I can and try to flip them. I've done it before, and I'lldo it again. I'm not on it like a lot of other cats, but if I can make some paper, I'm gonna make some paper. No one is going to just give me money, Igotta go out and get it. So i've always got my ear to the ground and keep my eyes open, because one mans "no thanks, i'll pass" is anothermans profit. You just have to know how to work the system. I don't go out of my way to find shoes to sell, but if my normal spots get something good and Ihave the upfront cash, i'm going in!

indifferent.gif

brown_block_LOL.GIF

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

4u7xol.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There is actually no use making an honest suggestion here b/c some peeps here actually chop your head off.

Tooooo much time and effort to re-sell. IMO.

Its not even about letting others get a pair, just a huge waste of time camping out...Time is money.

suggestion for people bitter about not getting a release:

they are shoes.

this is a hobby bro, even for those who use it as "business"

The Mayor (AF1 Collector) summed it up best in the Nice Kicks interview he did regarding the question of reselling.

I don't think resellers do this for a living, I think they mostly do it for extra income. I'm sure most have jobs to pay for all the shoes they buy.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I don't think resellers do this for a living, I think they mostly do it for extra income. I'm sure most have jobs to pay for all the shoes they buy.
Exactly.

Other than an eBay store, name one Niketalker who "resells" for a living.

To the guy who had three stacks of Kobe 4 Homes, that's not "not having a life"....that's having connects.

And if you CREATE (and to) a post yapping sour grapes about how someone is making money, expect some remarks taking pot shots. And get a blog.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

indifferent.gif

brown_block_LOL.GIF

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

4u7xol.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

The Mayor (AF1 Collector) summed it up best in the Nice Kicks interview he did regarding the question of reselling.
pretty much, u think resellers are making a killing but the truth is they aren't.

and if you really wanna get ahead of the herd...........stop making posts about it and then get off the internet so you can start networking with the storesthat you frequent.

...........or even network with some of the members on here that have access and will hook it up. some may charge a lil extra for doing the legwork but if youcontinue to work with them, eventually they start working with you back.
pimp.gif

there's nothing better than developing a good relationship with the workers/managers at stores, you may not be able to buy 10 pairs of the newesthyperspace tier-infinity release...........but you might just be able to lock down your pair every time with no hassle.
grin.gif

I don't want to get a hookup i want a fair chance at others to get them for retail that's also what i'm trying to say as well.

For those that hate people who have something against reselling hopefully you get ripped off one day by a reseller and you will understand or something happensworse to a loved one and maybe you will all understand. Bashing people here because they have an opinion freaking ridiculous.

i don't see anything wrong in reselling thats juss how some ppl make money i kno it sucks having to buy kick way over retail price but thats juss life

For those that hate people who have something against reselling hopefully you get ripped off one day by a reseller and you will understand or something happens worse to a loved one and maybe you will all understand. Bashing people here because they have an opinion freaking ridiculous.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KarmaCop-311x322.jpg

Seriously though, man, blog it.
grin.gif

I don't want to get a hookup i want a fair chance at others to get them for retail that's also what i'm trying to say as well.
I call B.S.! Who wouldn't want a hook up? Come on, be real. If you knew of a spot that you could get limited stuff at retail because anemployee holds it for you rather than having to camp, that counts as a hook up. Especially in this hobby. And the fair chance you are speaking of, it exists,BUT you have to grab the bull by the horns, so to speak and have your butt out in that line at the right time. Thats as "fair" as it gets. You hadthe same opportunity to cop the shoes....you just FAILED to take the initiative to do so.

I'm at a point in my life where if i don't cop a pair, then it wasn't meant to be. But I do still have my own sources and hook-ups for stuff. Mymain connects are at low traffic outlet stores and stores like Marshalls and such. I'll slide them a few DVDs from my 2nd job, or swing through with adozen Krispy Kremes or something as a show of my gratitude, and they'll hold the good stuff for me, as well as throw me the occasional employee discount.Its a nice little barter system that I have. You my friend just need to put in a little work and effort and build some relationships. Think about it.....a $5box of donuts and i get 30% off on top of the low outlet prices. I'm not getting the super limited stuff, but I have come to own some decent heat becauseof these hook ups.

I'm sorry, I ABSOLUTELY NEVER DO THIS, but this guy is just too friggin hilarious for me not to. Here is the PM thread that he and I have had going todayregarding my initial response to his opening post:

badboy074:
Hey bro it's just an advise no need to cut my head off here. By the way i'm one of the only ones that will sell shoes here for retail and not profit.You think i like advertising my lebron los angeles editions here at niketalk hell no. And i'm not self contradicting myself here son. I have to sellbecause my unemployment checks aren't enough. And if i want to i can get in front of the line the day of the release because i know someone that can get mein. But i don't do that. So don't judge what you don't know sunshine ok. For me for example i bought a kobe olympic 4 shoe and i'm happy withthat color. I didn't buy a limited edition shoe like the finals and bought 15 of them like someone here that has the pic in the kobe 4 section. If you havea job great if you don't and is reselling to make a living then good luck for you. By the way i hook people up here at hoh for retail bro not ebay prices.So again don't judge someone unless you really know them.

badboy074:
Also I forgot to say... i am trying to find decent prices on some kobe shoes that someone wants and not go over 200 on these shoes. I actually help people morethan profit for myself just to let you know. Whenever i buy things for people here in niketalk they get it for retail plus whatever shipping fees it cost toget to their place. The shoe collection now is all about reselling bro and you should know that. What ever happened to just collecting multiples for wear inthe future when your old kicks wear out? Did you see the multiple kobe finals one NTer had? Insane and all he will do is resell it for more. That is what imeant when i advise these things. At least two per person but 10 is just nuts. I am glad i have a hoh la here and if you need a hookup on a non limited shoehoh exclusive you can always come to me as well. But probably you hate my guts cause of my comments so it's up to you bro.

ME:
You just ramble on and on. And your point is? Nobody is calling you a reseller... I said the only difference between you and a reseller is they make a profitand you don't, so you might actually want to consider becoming one instead of talking down on them. And what is the big problem with resellers? Theyprovide shoes to people who are not otherwise able to get them. So what if they make a profit? The people buying the shoes aren't complaining (well theymight, but they pay it anyway), so who is being harmed? You're mad b/c they got 10 pairs and you got none? Then use these connections that you keepbragging about and get yours instead of complaining. The way I see it (and I'm sure many people in small towns without access to good stores would agreewith me) resellers are doing a great service to the community. This is a society built on capitalism. Nothing is free. So why even bother trying to +%$$ on thenext man for not hooking people up basically for free? You sound stupid. By the way, I know the dude with the 10 pairs of Kobe's and he hooks NTers up on aREGULAR BASIS making very little profit for himself. So what if he decides to make a little profit on this particular shoe. Also, I live in Chicago, so Idon't need your hookups, but thanks for offering. I will be lining up today for the Kobe's and I WILL BE RESELLING EVERY PAIR I GET. And FYI, I makeplenty of money doing my regular job, but I flip shoes for extra cash on the side (you can never have too much $$). Get with the game or get left behind bro.As I said before, when you make comments like yours, you come across sounding like an immature little kid throwing a tantrum b/c he didn't get what hewanted for christmas.

badboy074:
Sorry but I just usually get my own and keep em to wear and get an extra to wear when the first one i have wears out which is the way it should be. So i guessyou're a reseller and don't give a +%$$ about people actually getting them for wearing them. Well i will just do what i normally do and that's hookpeople up with regular priced shoes. I don't stand and sleep overnight for a pair of shoes. You are crazy to do that for a pair of shoes. You not only ruinshoe collecting but you ruin other people that want to buy shoes for regular price to wear them for casual or play. This is exactly what i mean. I hopefullycan get a job shipping receiving at either niketown or hoh la which i applied for so i can just hook a couple of nt'ers and my friends up with shoes for adeal. Even if for example a shoe store allows employee to buy multiples to do whatever they want, i would just buy probably three to sell at retail plusshipping so other people that don't have hoh can get those. Reason i am not like you is that greed isn't great. Hopefully it comes back to you as akarma and to all that resell that already have jobs and do it for a living. Ridiculous of you to not just get your own size or two pairs is fair. But 10 ormore every time isn't fair. Karma will get you for how you people are greedy with money. Not only are you working you take more money to people that aregetting kicks but want to pay retail. All i can say to you is hopefully if god can forgive you for your greed.

ME:
Ok, now you just sound like a F-ing ******. First of all, I have NEVER NOT ONCE stood or camped overnight anywhere for any shoe (so don't assume to knowanything about ME). I am a reseller, but I do it the smart way, I have connects at HOH Chicago and various other stores so that I can just walk in aftereveryone thinks they're sold out and pick up the shoes that I have set aside for me. 2nd of all, since when is buying low and selling high greed? Itscalled capitalism. Its what every retail store does... they buy shoes from Nike/Jordan at 50% or less of what they charge consumers. That is a much higherprofit that any reseller makes even on his best flip. So does that mean that every store owner is greedy and going to hell? No, its the basis of our economySTUPID. And what about Nike, they produce the shoes at a cost of about 10% of what they charge their retailers, so does that mean they too are greedy? Ifmaking money is greedy, then f**k it, I'm guilty as charged (as is everyone except stupid poor saps like yourself). You stay broke and righteous while therest of us make a living and feed our families. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom