Moments in sneaker history that disgusted you???? Jordan Related

Anytime I hear someone get robbed/shot for some shoes, it makes me sick. I also hate seeing people rock or sell fake kicks thinking they're real or have some type of exclusives. I wanna tell them how so misinformed they are, but it's rarely worth the breath of air. It's also no secret that I'm not a fan of resellers, however these people have become a necessity in this hobby. I understand everybody needs to make a hustle, but it's become so ridiculous now.

Also, whenever I see the terms "Raptors", "B'reds"and "September Blues"...That disgusts me.

When I went to the Cypress Outlet to buy the Banned 1. I get there @ midnight for security to tell me on one can be on the property until 5. I get back @ 4 and there's 200+ ppl there, on the property, and the line ends up being based off a list of names composed b4 anyone was supposed to be allowed on the property. The 13-14 (my size) get ate up by resellers, being the last two sizes available, but not a single person in line passed up these sizes. But luckily (not), I can still cop my size from these guys for $300+ on CraigsList

When I went to the Cypress Outlet to buy the Banned 1. I get there @ midnight for security to tell me on one can be on the property until 5. I get back @ 4 and there's 200+ ppl there, on the property, and the line ends up being based off a list of names composed b4 anyone was supposed to be allowed on the property. The 13-14 (my size) get ate up by resellers, being the last two sizes available, but not a single person in line passed up these sizes. But luckily (not), I can still cop my size from these guys for $300+ on CraigsList

ijapino wrote:

Also, whenever I see the terms "Raptors", "B'reds"and "September Blues"...That disgusts me.
THIS...when white/ cement grey IIIs retroed with a jumpman.....from there Jordans just went downhill for me to be honest. I just stick with looking for OGs now.

ijapino wrote:

THIS...when white/ cement grey IIIs retroed with a jumpman.....from there Jordans just went downhill for me to be honest. I just stick with looking for OGs now.

In 01 when the cool grey xi's first released I was the only one waiting outside the foot locker for at least two hours before they opened , fast forward to 15 min before opening and the front gate is being rushed by 30 + thugs and the foot locker employees don't give a crap who was there first, I literally had to slide under the gate Indiana Jones style to get the last pair of 11.5 they had and run like hell to the car once dude let me out of the fence , never been so disgusted by the way a shoe release was handled

In 01 when the cool grey xi's first released I was the only one waiting outside the foot locker for at least two hours before they opened , fast forward to 15 min before opening and the front gate is being rushed by 30 + thugs and the foot locker employees don't give a crap who was there first, I literally had to slide under the gate Indiana Jones style to get the last pair of 11.5 they had and run like hell to the car once dude let me out of the fence , never been so disgusted by the way a shoe release was handled

Originally Posted by ijapino

Anytime I hear someone get robbed/shot for some shoes, it makes me sick. I also hate seeing people rock or sell fake kicks thinking they're real or have some type of exclusives. I wanna tell them how so misinformed they are, but it's rarely worth the breath of air. It's also no secret that I'm not a fan of resellers, however these people have become a necessity in this hobby. I understand everybody needs to make a hustle, but it's become so ridiculous now.

Agreed with the first part, don't mind the nicknames though.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Agreed with the first part, don't mind the nicknames though.

jordan-retro-6-detroit-1.jpg

too many dudes get butthurt about not getting shoes due to resellers and stuff like that makes me laugh.

any shoe i attempted to get on the release date i got for retail with no problem. the closest i ever had to a problem was in 01 when the columbia xi's dropped, i lined up around 6am ditched school and everything and some dude in front of me bought every single size 11 and 11.5 pair. me and my boy went up to him nicely and told him we could care less what he does with the rest of the pairs but he was going to sell us 2 of the pairs for retail plus tax and then he could use that money to buy other sizes. after a little back and forth between him and me and my boy, he sold us our pairs for retail. rather then cry about resellers we handled the problem ourselves and we were only 15-16 at the time.

too many dudes get butthurt about not getting shoes due to resellers and stuff like that makes me laugh.

any shoe i attempted to get on the release date i got for retail with no problem. the closest i ever had to a problem was in 01 when the columbia xi's dropped, i lined up around 6am ditched school and everything and some dude in front of me bought every single size 11 and 11.5 pair. me and my boy went up to him nicely and told him we could care less what he does with the rest of the pairs but he was going to sell us 2 of the pairs for retail plus tax and then he could use that money to buy other sizes. after a little back and forth between him and me and my boy, he sold us our pairs for retail. rather then cry about resellers we handled the problem ourselves and we were only 15-16 at the time.

The thing I really hate is when people just start to buy Jordans and think they are on top with there shoe collection, they think they know about Jordans when they really don't know crap about the shoes or the man himself.

The thing I really hate is when people just start to buy Jordans and think they are on top with there shoe collection, they think they know about Jordans when they really don't know crap about the shoes or the man himself.

Im disgusted by the way releases are handled now a days.

A lot of these sneaker spot employees seem to think they have power over

people. The mom and pop stores over charging $60-$100 over retail

for GR jordans and forget about foams.

Resellers buying multiples and looking for double retail on release day or reselling

to people at the back of the line.

It all makes me sick. White cement IV's will be my last jordan pick upand Im throwing in the towel its a reynolds!!

Im disgusted by the way releases are handled now a days.

A lot of these sneaker spot employees seem to think they have power over

people. The mom and pop stores over charging $60-$100 over retail

for GR jordans and forget about foams.

Resellers buying multiples and looking for double retail on release day or reselling

to people at the back of the line.

It all makes me sick. White cement IV's will be my last jordan pick upand Im throwing in the towel its a reynolds!!

Back
Top Bottom