Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

1693388063958.jpeg
IMG_4325.jpeg

Both my parents have said they’d keep working if they won the lottery. I think they are lucky and are outliers to actually enjoy their work. They are both in their early 70s and still work
My mom has her own daycare, raising children is the perfect job for her

Oh yeah if you're already set and do a "CoastFIRE" type of job I can see folks saying that until that green hits them.

We’re just animals all people really want is a routine and structure to their life. We’ve poorly defined what that is for when people retire. People want to bring value and to have a sense of community. Hard in the US though because there is such a wide range of health for seniors unlike other countries. Can’t be doing programs aimed toward them when half of them can’t walk.

we are really adaptable to an extent so it’s not so much the routine/structure as what those things tend to provide…we really underestimate (and overestimate the chillaxin’) all the things even an ‘unlikable’ job provides, the necessity to leave out the house, work friendships, some physical activity, some amount of care for grooming/presentation, social interactions, etc. if one doesn’t have an a pretty close knit group to provide these things it makes sense why people generally, regardless of age, would experience decline

also there is a difference between deciding & planning to retire and being kinda ‘forced’ out…i heard someone say humans kinda evolved to be grandparents and be useful well into old age (some tribes in human history older folks would purposely leave the group by walk-in off into the wilderness when they became a burden to the group)…quite the contrast to how, at least here in the states, we seem think of the elderly

we are really adaptable to an extent so it’s not so much the routine/structure as what those things tend to provide…we really underestimate (and overestimate the chillaxin’) all the things even an ‘unlikable’ job provides, the necessity to leave out the house, work friendships, some physical activity, some amount of care for grooming/presentation, social interactions, etc. if one doesn’t have an a pretty close knit group to provide these things it makes sense why people generally, regardless of age, would experience decline

also there is a difference between deciding & planning to retire and being kinda ‘forced’ out…i heard someone say humans kinda evolved to be grandparents and be useful well into old age (some tribes in human history older folks would purposely leave the group by walk-in off into the wilderness when they became a burden to the group)…quite the contrast to how, at least here in the states, we seem think of the elderly
my grandfather was still driving some supplies to my cousin's shop when he was past 80. if not for the accident, he would had still be driving and doing that. he was a good driver but his eyesight was just getting worse, so was his hearing. mind you, he was a commercial bus driver back in the day.

During the week we run through long running sitcoms. Get about 2 episodes in before falling asleep. Just finished Modern Family, now on Living Single.

During the week we run through long running sitcoms. Get about 2 episodes in before falling asleep. Just finished Modern Family, now on Living Single.
Yeah, I've watched my fair share of sitcoms all the way through.

Superstore (was desparate)
Last Man Standing (got cancelled just when it was going to get interesting)
My name is earl
My wife and kids
Everybody hates Chris
The league
Parks and Recs
Friends (another re-watch i forgot)
The Carmichael show
Freaks and Geeks
Undeclared
Arrested Development (overrated as ****)
Seinfeld
30 Rock
Cheers
Blackish
Mixedish
Brooklyn 99
That 70's Show
Party Down
How I met your mother
Veep
Malcom in the middle
Happy endings
New girl

I know I'm forgetting others

I started living single but stopped for no good reason. Same with the Bernie Mac show. I'll probably get back to them.

I'm sure I've seen every episode of Martin but not via binging. Ditto for Fresh Prince. Add Saved by the Bell to this list (the Zach Morris years, so that includes good morning Ms. Bliss and the college years. Not the new class stuff though). Damn sure I can add Good Times to this list too but there may be an episode or two I didn't see.

Yeah, I've watched my fair share of sitcoms all the way through.

Superstore (was desparate)
Last Man Standing (got cancelled just when it was going to get interesting)
My name is earl
My wife and kids
Everybody hates Chris
The league
Parks and Recs
Friends (another re-watch i forgot)
The Carmichael show
Freaks and Geeks
Undeclared
Arrested Development (overrated as ****)
Seinfeld
30 Rock
Cheers
Blackish
Mixedish
Brooklyn 99
That 70's Show
Party Down
How I met your mother
Veep
Malcom in the middle
Happy endings
New girl

I know I'm forgetting others

I started living single but stopped for no good reason. Same with the Bernie Mac show. I'll probably get back to them.

I'm sure I've seen every episode of Martin but not via binging. Ditto for Fresh Prince. Add Saved by the Bell to this list (the Zach Morris years, so that includes good morning Ms. Bliss and the college years. Not the new class stuff though). Damn sure I can add Good Times to this list too but there may be an episode or two I didn't see.

last man standing was hilarious to me, was so disappointed when they cancelled that joint…your arrested development take is blasphemous tho 😂

Last edited:
Anyone else rewatch shows? I’m currently rewatching The Sopranos for the millionth time ever.

I need to do another rewatch of The Sopranos myself but there are some other shows I need to rewatch or start watching after procrastinating like hell (Succession)

Other shows I've rewatched:

- The Wire - at least 3x
- The Americans
- Breaking Bad
- Better Call Saul
- Arrested Development
- Chappelle's Show
- Lost
- Dawson's Creek

That DWEU(**** Wolf Extended Universe) aint no joke. Im on that Chicago PD/Chicago Fire now.

Back
Top Bottom