Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

Man. Came back home for the weekend. First off..I be forgetting how hood it is out here :lol:. People in Vegas ask me why I don't smile too much. You can't just be walking around south central like life is great. You learn to have an emotionless face like everybody else.

I don't see my mom's side of the family that much. It's sad to see how time takes people away. Every family function there's somebody missing. My uncle couldn't bother to talk to me because his dementia is taking over. My other big strong mean uncle getting around on a walker. My uncle that was pimping rocking skechers and spaghetti stains on his shirt. My cousin that was so pretty now fully washed, respectfully.

On the bright side it was a baby shower for my cousin and he looked well and happy. His brother stepping into his dad's role of being the loud one cussing and talking **** :lol:. My other pretty cousin still looks good after 5 kids. Another cousin looking like he works out 3 times a day. Bunch of new lil kids playing and running around. It was bittersweet. Kinda had time to reflect and think about the cycle of life. I'll definitely make it to the next function
tell me about it. we had some sort of family reunion during my father's passing. most of their generation are dead except for a few still living relatives. as far as our generation goes, some of our cousins ain't look that bad except for looking like your typical middle age person. we don't look that far off except we're huge. I seem to be the biggest of them except for our overly obese cousin that is somewhere else. the only ones that looked fine are the next generation. other than that, life is good. it could be our last family reunion with some of these relatives and maybe the next time, it would be our generations exit.

just had one of my general vaccine updated during the previous weekend. I was fine initially, then felt miserable the next day. felt like a terrible flu and the arm was stiff as hell. was getting better after 2 days then got hit by colds which felt the same but way worse. right now, I'm recovering but somehow felt horrible since I'm missing 2 crucial work days due to it. but I guess can't risk getting worse for the sake of economic needs since I'm now studying as well.

Was at a fork in the road with jobs and a friend was living out there. Suggested to come teach English there for a year while I figured things out. Was a great time ended up being there for about 4.5 years (met my now wife in my 2nd year there).

Want to go back at some point when we have kids and spend majority of time there. It’s a lot more enjoyable to me to live (or raise kids) in a country designed around public transportation instead of cars. Everything feels more connected. US and cars suburbia is not really enjoyable to me except for a few months at a time / visiting people / going to national parks.

I hear you. I taught overseas in Asia before coming back to settle in and it was an amazing experience. I would've stayed longer (had responsibilities to come back to), and present me wishes young me travelled more out there (even though when I look at my IG, I did do a decent amount).

I'm hoping to go out there and travel/live for an extended period of time.

South Korea and Japan are very well designed for public transportation and I would agree thought was put in for all populations (kids, seniors, etc). At least from what I've seen.

Was at a fork in the road with jobs and a friend was living out there. Suggested to come teach English there for a year while I figured things out. Was a great time ended up being there for about 4.5 years (met my now wife in my 2nd year there).

Want to go back at some point when we have kids and spend majority of time there. It’s a lot more enjoyable to me to live (or raise kids) in a country designed around public transportation instead of cars. Everything feels more connected. US and cars suburbia is not really enjoyable to me except for a few months at a time / visiting people / going to national parks.
funny you mentioned this. my situation back then was similar. was at a crossroad on what to do in my life and came up with that, either South Korea or Japan for me on where to teach English. did some research and got to learn how workaholic Japanese were. after work activities are somehow similar like get together and drinking all over. I wouldn't mind the after work activities though.

read this book rich dad poor dad recently. i’ve been pretty frugal for a while now or at least on a downward trend of spending money. that book made me question everything i’ve ever bought in my life. bought to go full dad mode and look like i shop at garage sales. no disrespect.

i don’t believe in that^

It worked when people made 50k and houses cost 150k. Nowadays people make 100k and houses cost $1M.

Never going to make it focusing on the expenses. Gotta work on the revenue growth side and prioritize that.

^ Both are important.

Having a high salary is a good start and when you can cut back on expenses you have more to invest and you can grow your money.

Some ppl might not be able to acheive that or not have the time to go back to school etc, so any bit that they can cut back on expenses they can invest.

But having a high salary does make it easier lol.

Financial literacy is important. Stuff they don't teach in school. SMH.
Even as little as $50 can be invested per pay cheque.

I’d be happy living in a run down part of the country in an inexpensive paid off house with little expenses. And to just work a non stressful job to save money slowly for retirements and do a lot of travel. Unrealistict tho to expect for wife + kids to sign up for that.

i don’t believe in that^

It worked when people made 50k and houses cost 150k. Nowadays people make 100k and houses cost $1M.

Never going to make it focusing on the expenses. Gotta work on the revenue growth side and prioritize that.
Believe in what? They work, I’ve used them and they really are good for discounts.

speaking of hustle culture, this is what my dumb ***, washed self gets for thinking i was strong and coordinated enough to bring in all my groceries from costco on one trip from the car

IMG_4041.jpeg

it was a humbling moment watching two dozen eggs just roll down my driveway

speaking of hustle culture, this is what my dumb ***, washed self gets for thinking i was strong and coordinated enough to bring in all my groceries from costco on one trip from the car

IMG_4041.jpeg

it was a humbling moment watching two dozen eggs just roll down my driveway
Yeah when your one trip grocery runs from the car fall off it's humbling for sure.

Back
Top Bottom