Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

was planning on really working it hard for a month. went down with the friggin colds. not it's almost the end of the month and almost at 90% after battling that illness for 3 weeks. lot's of catching up to do within less than a week and extending that target. screw this season.

That’s why I like my job. Turn your busted washed out driveway to a nice one with some loads of rock and an afternoon.

Before
IMG_0731.jpeg

After

IMG_0736.jpeg

This week's research project? Sump pumps. After a solid 160 minutes of online research and a few minutes dicking around with my system, pretty sure I've got an air lock. Confirmed there's no blockage in the drain pipe after the check valve. Confirmed the check valve is operating as it should.

No rain in the forecast for the next few days, thankfully. I guess tomorrow I cut the seal on the cover, pull the pump up and see if it has a weep hole.

Need to do more research on cleaning the screen and inlet.

If anyone has any tips to drop, it would be much appreciated.

My air lock conclusion is based on the fact that the pump kicks on, runs for an extended period (5 mins), shuts off for an extended period...water does move up the pipe but only moves beyond the check valve by an inch or 2. When the pump shuts off, you hear the watee go back down the pipe.

I removed the check valve, confirmed the flap moves. Ran the pump without the valve in place and saw the water just bouncing up and down in the pipe. 6 feet short of getting high enough to make the turn in the pvc pipe to travel the additional 4 feet to exit the drain pipe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom