MONTREAL RECOMMENDATIONS?

kcenaek0rb

Banned
Road tripping to Montreal with the boys next weekend. Were coming from NYC so we are driving and are planning on staying at a hotel in Downtown Montreal. None of us have actually been to Canada so we plan on doing some sightseeing during the day and plenty of nightlife during the evening. Basically I did some research on google and touristy type sites and have a week long list of things to do during the day. The real catch is during the night, I checked out a lot of "club sites" and most of the places look awfully childish filled with a lot of underage chicks. Any club or bar recommendations, or must try restaurants? Looking for a classy older type crowd. I hate to compare it to NYC nightlife, but something similar to meat packing. Now I'm not gonna start getting picky since its an end of summer type of road trip, so any info and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading guys and gals!
smile.gif

Road tripping to Montreal with the boys next weekend. Were coming from NYC so we are driving and are planning on staying at a hotel in Downtown Montreal. None of us have actually been to Canada so we plan on doing some sightseeing during the day and plenty of nightlife during the evening. Basically I did some research on google and touristy type sites and have a week long list of things to do during the day. The real catch is during the night, I checked out a lot of "club sites" and most of the places look awfully childish filled with a lot of underage chicks. Any club or bar recommendations, or must try restaurants? Looking for a classy older type crowd. I hate to compare it to NYC nightlife, but something similar to meat packing. Now I'm not gonna start getting picky since its an end of summer type of road trip, so any info and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading guys and gals!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kcenaek0rb

smile.gif
So you're looking for something to do at night? Since you're looking for "older type" places, check out corner St-Laurent/Sherbrooke, going North. Lots of "lounge" and things like that.
I'll probably come back in here to had some more, but if you want to try a really different type of restaurant, check out "Au Noir" (which means "in dark"). Basically, you eat in the dark, like a blind man, I never tested it, but I heard that it's quite fun.

Originally Posted by kcenaek0rb

smile.gif
So you're looking for something to do at night? Since you're looking for "older type" places, check out corner St-Laurent/Sherbrooke, going North. Lots of "lounge" and things like that.
I'll probably come back in here to had some more, but if you want to try a really different type of restaurant, check out "Au Noir" (which means "in dark"). Basically, you eat in the dark, like a blind man, I never tested it, but I heard that it's quite fun.

Thanks for checking in ebpo. Yea I heard about St-Laurent, as well as some people telling me St-Crescent street. So I plan on checking both of those at, any nightclubs in particular you might recommend? Also, is there a hotel that you might recommend thats in the vicinity of all? Nothing to fancy, no 'W' hotels, don't plan on spending much time in the room anyway. We'd like to manly walk around and explore, and only take cab or public transportation only if need-be. Btw, just looked up reviews and that spot Noir looks great! Something unique!

Thanks for checking in ebpo. Yea I heard about St-Laurent, as well as some people telling me St-Crescent street. So I plan on checking both of those at, any nightclubs in particular you might recommend? Also, is there a hotel that you might recommend thats in the vicinity of all? Nothing to fancy, no 'W' hotels, don't plan on spending much time in the room anyway. We'd like to manly walk around and explore, and only take cab or public transportation only if need-be. Btw, just looked up reviews and that spot Noir looks great! Something unique!

I don't know what kind of music you listen to you, but the guys at NEON generally bring in some big name DJ's.

iloveneon.ca
highfood.org

I don't know what kind of music you listen to you, but the guys at NEON generally bring in some big name DJ's.

iloveneon.ca
highfood.org

I don't know much nightclub since I haven't been clubbing for a while though. One thing you need to know is that nightclubs close at 3am. You can then go to various "afterhour".

I don't know any hotels, but i'm sure you'll find something easily. You can check out "Le Roberval" (www.leroberval.com). I have no idea how much it is, but it's pretty much downtown.

I don't know much nightclub since I haven't been clubbing for a while though. One thing you need to know is that nightclubs close at 3am. You can then go to various "afterhour".

I don't know any hotels, but i'm sure you'll find something easily. You can check out "Le Roberval" (www.leroberval.com). I have no idea how much it is, but it's pretty much downtown.

I am going to be in Montreal for four nights and three full days. I was also wondering any nice restaurants to check out? Sightseeing and things to do I know I will find.

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near Place des Arts and McGill on Sherbrooke.

I am going to be in Montreal for four nights and three full days. I was also wondering any nice restaurants to check out? Sightseeing and things to do I know I will find.

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near Place des Arts and McGill on Sherbrooke.

Back
Top Bottom