Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

They needed to needed to pull a far from home and just bring back the OG actor for Shang tsung, like marvel did with j Jonah

7761EC19-EA85-40A2-B976-BB9DD40FA440.jpeg

Casting could have made up for shortcomings in the script. Shang tsung is just not scary or menacing or even slightly calculating. He could have been Flo from Progressive and we would have gotten the same result.

Cole is just awful. Not tough looking. Not prideful or noble looking. He’s just there and he can take a beating? How is that leading man material? I’m supposed to believe this is a man that can kill people? He looks like a guy that’s afraid to tell the waiter they got his order wrong.

his Billy club/knife weapons :lol: :lol: :lol:

he knows how to use those weapons how?

TRASH.

Kano the only actor making me believe he could kill something.

The problem with Mortal Kombat is that you have to create a full universe like Marvel did. There's too much information to put into 2 hours.

Yeah. After watching this movie a few times, I've realized they just put bullet points on what they wanted in the movie. i.e. Fatalities, Catchphrases, certain moves, etc. and then half-assed built the movie around that.

The director talkin' all that nonsense about not wanting Johnny Cage because he didn't want a white hero and then saying he wants more women characters in the sequel prove he's just not qualified for this franchise. His focus is on the wrong stuff.

Have y’all watched the other 2 MK series on HBO Max? They worth watching?

Legacy and Konquest I think they’re called. Probably super late but I recently got the app so never heard of them

Yeah. After watching this movie a few times, I've realized they just put bullet points on what they wanted in the movie. i.e. Fatalities, Catchphrases, certain moves, etc. and then half-assed built the movie around that.

The director talkin' all that nonsense about not wanting Johnny Cage because he didn't want a white hero and then saying he wants more women characters in the sequel prove he's just not qualified for this franchise. His focus is on the wrong stuff.

He had women characters in this one, but he didn't develop them.

Mileena said what, one sentence?

Sonya Blade was meh and forgettable

The problem with Mortal Kombat is that you have to create a full universe like Marvel did. There's too much information to put into 2 hours.
That’s not a problem at all and you don’t need to make a massive experience. Look into one story, one situation, and let it play out. Think of Blade 1 or John Wick. Didn’t need to “build a world” with exposition. You got little slices of info as things went along while the story kept rolling. Just need a coherent story.

marvel did a good job but I don’t think every franchise needs a 20 movie series. Make ONE good movie. The idea of having to make a large franchise is ruining a ton of movies

That’s not a problem at all and you don’t need to make a massive experience. Look into one story, one situation, and let it play out. Think of Blade 1 or John Wick. Didn’t need to “build a world” with exposition. You got little slices of info as things went along while the story kept rolling. Just need a coherent story.

marvel did a good job but I don’t think every franchise needs a 20 movie series. Make ONE good movie. The idea of having to make a large franchise is ruining a ton of movies

Exactly. They could’ve just ran w/ the scorpion subzero story line...then opened the whole mk world up. This short film from last year on hbo, had a way better storyline than this live action disjointed nonsense just released

A raiden, Shang Tsuny or even a lui Lang origin story would’ve been 100x better and more interesting to approach.

Exactly. They could’ve just ran w/ the scorpion subzero story line...then opened the whole mk world up. This short film from last year on hbo, had a way better storyline than this live action disjointed nonsense just released

A raiden, Shang Tsuny or even a lui Lang origin story would’ve been 100x better and more interesting to approach.

Silly thing is, we heard/seen good stories told in fast forward expositions. Just an example, Lue talked about how he was an orphan. Grew up dirt poor but made it to the temple somehow. To test his honor he was brought a man who sold children or whatever. He then killed that man and then trained with the monks. Ahhhhh...... why didn’t they just go with at story?!??????

anyway, a forget what reviewer said it but it made total sense. Basically, they made a PG movie and stick some rated R moments. Movie was power rangers until they actually went through with the killing lol

still haven't watched. don't agree with the it can't be any good because it's based off a video game logic. the characters all have back stories that can be used to make a good movie. the writing for movies like this is no different than avengers and all the other super hero movies.

i'll probably watch this weekend.

They can’t do it the way Marvel did. They don’t have the same fan base size. They have to scale it down, make it a smaller budget, build up characters and then start adding more. They thought they would get away with showing us some cool fatalities and that would be it.

Back
Top Bottom