Most Disappointing Careers In Hip Hop?

There's no way names like Snoop, Andre 3000, X, Method Man should be in this thread. These dudes have classic albums of their own and they've contributed to other classics. They've had great careers in music and movies. You can't be legend and a disappointment lol. Now maybe they coulda did more but disappointments? Nah.

Juelz, Jada, Lloyd Banks... them _'s are disappointments. I might even throw Mase in there. Dude left while he was on fire then when he tried to comeback nobody took him serious.

Last edited:
There's no way names like Snoop, Andre 3000, X, Method Man should be in this thread. These dudes have classic albums of their own and they've contributed to other classics. They've had great careers in music and movies. You can't be legend and a disappointment lol. Now maybe they coulda did more but disappointments? Nah.

Juelz, Jada, Lloyd Banks... them _'s are disappointments. I might even throw Mase in there. Dude left while he was on fire then when he tried to comeback nobody took him serious.

Meth's solo career has not lived up to his artistic potential. Blame it on Def Jam or whatever, but his solo catalog is sub par.

Snoop has 1 dope album from over 20 years ago

I'm not even that big of a Meth fan honestly but dude is a legend.

Snoop just dropped a dope album with Pharrell. Rappers would be lucky to have a career like Snoop.
Yea so it took Snoop 22 years to drop another dope album? And BUSH is ok would not call it "Dope"... 

Joe Budden
Juelz
Fab
SunN.Y. (Yes the dude from freestyle Friday)
Jadakiss
Cassidy
Rich Boy

I'm not even that big of a Meth fan honestly but dude is a legend.

Snoop just dropped a dope album with Pharrell. Rappers would be lucky to have a career like Snoop.
Yea so it took Snoop 22 years to drop another dope album? And BUSH is ok would not call it "Dope"... 

His career still ain't a disappointment lol. He coulda put out better music but that's a different category.

Grandmama's know Snoop. Dude is a brand.

Last edited:
His career still ain't a disappointment lol. He coulda put out better music but that's a different category.

Grandmama's know Snoop. Dude is a brand.
For real hip hop heads he might be but yea Snoop prby the most "known" rapper in history everybody knows him he definitely made the most out of his career  

Lloyd Banks
Fabolous
Jadakiss
50 Cent (judging by his weak discography, GRODT is his only classic album)

basically all them dudes who were hot in the early 2000's

50 really should not be mentioned on here.

Dude went from a rapper signed to Columbia, got shot the **** up and had his album shelved, put out mixtapes on his own, got another deal and put out one of the biggest rap albums I can think of in a while (which is a VERY high bar to live up to), put some more music out (Beg For Mercy and some others had joints).......while transitioning into bigger and better things.

And he's still top 5 Forbes Hip Hop list THIS YEAR.

Anyone who thinks that is "disappointing" for a "career" is very lost.

People don't realize....you take a guy like Jay. Reasonable Doubt didn't hit like GRODT. So you have room to grow.

When you set the bar that high with your debut, where do you go?

I get it if you don't like his music, but if we're talking "career", it's ridiculous to even mention him.

Last edited:
Lloyd Banks
Fabolous
Jadakiss
50 Cent (judging by his weak discography, GRODT is his only classic album)

basically all them dudes who were hot in the early 2000's

It's always funny seeing how you went from being the biggest g-unit/shady fan to turning your back on them out the blue

Curren$y

When he first came out, I thought he was the next LIL Wayne. Never really took that next step.

Lauren Hill

Miseducation was the truth. Never made an album after that.

Last edited:
Curren$y?! ***** Just cause dude never had much of a mainstream career doesnt mean he had a disappointing career. He actually had a very good career for a dude who left Young Money & did his own thing. He never pursued a mainstream career

I agree on the Cool Kids & Jay Electronica tho

Lol dudes mention X .. Snoop?? Snoop??

B, snoop is the most internationally known rapper next to tupac. People in Egypt know more about snoop than jay. Dude is literally mega star.

IDK if Juelz was the most disappointing but he had everything set up for him to be a huge rap star.
He looks like a weasel and his voice, his delivery, his flow, his style, his everything is just too 'early 2000s new york mixtape rapper' he didn't have his own image, there was a lot of Juelz Santana's out at the time, all those cats fizzled because there was too many, not enough market share to go around, he wasn't unique enough.

Black rob n bumpy knuckles...two great artist just would of loved to see more content from em cats

Jay Electronica. Jesus Christ just bless us with a full length project man or a mixtape. 

Ol lazy *** bum *** ***** 

Back
Top Bottom