Most Dominent Athlete in Sports right now?

Minus that blip last race, Vettel has been killing.

new Schumacher
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

1299170498Andre-Ward.jpg

Serious question, how many rounds has Andre Ward lost in his career? The guy is dominating the Super 6 and is cleaning out his division.

I'd like to see him fight Lucian Bute, though...and Joe Calzaghe if he didn't retire.

i think abraham n kessler stole a round or two from him , im struggling to think tho
laugh.gif

i think he beats bute

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Minus that blip last race, Vettel has been killing.

new Schumacher
frown.gif
But yet he still managed to extend his lead over the guy in 2nd place...
30t6p3b.gif

For the first time in my life, I was sorta rooting for Schumi... 
frown.gif

An amazing drive... 

Ronaldo is more dominant than Messi. He scored the same amount of goals (at least) as Messi in a game less last season. The biggest difference though was that he did it on a team that wasn't as good as Messi's, with significantly more individual brilliance than Messi, who got major help from being on Barca. Until he proves otherwise, that is with Argentina where he is light years away from the player he looks to be with Barcelona, Messi still looks to be a product of Xavi and Iniesta.

I agree with Messi and Nadal. These are two guys that are already in the discussion for greatest EVER in their respective sports.
You also make a very valid point Xtapolapacetl, Ronaldo is dominant as well.  However it can't be denied that CR7 actually takes more shots than Messi.

Both are amazing though.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Anderson Silva has to be up there. Messi can't considered dominant until he does it at the national team level. Beating Hatton, and an old Shane doesn't make you dominant, so no to Paquiao until he fights legit fighters.
Dominant means being the most powerful out of your peers. It's not really relative. Pacquiao is dominant. The only one left to disprove his dominance is Floyd Mayweather. Until then, Pac is the most dominant in boxing today.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Ronaldo is more dominant than Messi. He scored the same amount of goals (at least) as Messi in a game less last season. The biggest difference though was that he did it on a team that wasn't as good as Messi's, with significantly more individual brilliance than Messi, who got major help from being on Barca. Until he proves otherwise, that is with Argentina where he is light years away from the player he looks to be with Barcelona, Messi still looks to be a product of Xavi and Iniesta.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

What utter nonsense. Ronaldo scored 11 goals in the last 4 meaningless games of the season, two games which came against teams near relegation. Not to mention he took 100+ more shots. Besides, there is a lot more to football than scoring goals. As for Messi's record with Argentina, he has looked dominant under the new coach who understands tactics, unlike Maradona, who wouldn't even play Messi in his preferred position and area. But we'll know for sure later this summer.

All your sports opinions reek of stanism, but this one is particularly egregious, and shouldn't even be entertained by anyone who knows the game.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

What utter nonsense. Ronaldo scored 11 goals in the last 4 meaningless games of the season, two games which came against teams near relegation. Not to mention he took 100+ more shots. Besides, there is a lot more to football than scoring goals. As for Messi's record with Argentina, he has looked dominant under the new coach who understands tactics, unlike Maradona, who wouldn't even play Messi in his preferred position and area. But we'll know for sure later this summer.

All your sports opinions reek of stanism, but this one is particularly egregious, and shouldn't even be entertained by anyone who knows the game.

roll.gif
@ me being anywhere near a Ronaldo stan. I don't like him at all. I just don't let my opinions of his demeanor affect my opinions of him as a player. Which is what others on this forum do. And Ronaldo/soccer is far from the only player/sport they do that to.

I was hyping Messi on this forum way before you. I still remember people slaughtering me here for when I said that Messi was better than Ronaldinho ever was. And I continued to do so until the 2010 World Cup.

Messi looked dominant under Maradona as well at times, but he looked far from dominant in the World Cup. It is very close between him and Ronaldo, and I give the edge to Ronaldo, but I certainly don't think it's outrageous if someone gives the edge to Messi. But you can not call him the most dominant athlete in the world as long as there is such a vast difference between him on Barca and him on Argentina.

Nadal can't really be named right now.  The thread title did say "right now".  Djokovic has owned him this year, but Rafa wins where it counts the most.  The Majors.  We'll see what happens if they meet at Wimbledon or the U.S. Open.
Not sure about Tom Brady either.  He has crazy numbers during the season, but the Pats haven't won the championship in a few years.  

Messi is only 19 years old????? whatttttt

I think Brady is awesome, but right now wouldnt it be Rodgers seeing that he's the SB champ. He gave us a glimpse last year of his playoff play against Arizona, then went forward with it the next year. Maybe biased, but i still think its realistic. Either way I wanna see a Pats Packers SB match up this year.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

roll.gif
@ me being anywhere near a Ronaldo stan. I don't like him at all. I just don't let my opinions of his demeanor affect my opinions of him as a player. Which is what others on this forum do. And Ronaldo/soccer is far from the only player/sport they do that to.

I was hyping Messi on this forum way before you. I still remember people slaughtering me here for when I said that Messi was better than Ronaldinho ever was. And I continued to do so until the 2010 World Cup.

Messi looked dominant under Maradona as well at times, but he looked far from dominant in the World Cup. It is very close between him and Ronaldo, and I give the edge to Ronaldo, but I certainly don't think it's outrageous if someone gives the edge to Messi. But you can not call him the most dominant athlete in the world as long as there is such a vast difference between him on Barca and him on Argentina.
I just don't think the comparison between the two has merit. Messi the far superior player, imo. He plays much deeper than Ronaldo does, is constantly in the midfield, and is almost always involved in the buildup if he isn't scoring. Football is the ultimate team game, and Messi is clearly the better teammate, and that means something when rating players. Their is a huge gap between the two players' ability to pass and create. That, and the fact that he scores goals just as well, if not better than Christiano (CR took 100 more shots to get the same #s), while winning trophy after trophy illustrates why Messi has a case to be the most dominant athlete. When you have long-time football pundits and former players comparing him to Pele, Maradona, et al that should tell you something.

Again, as for the Albiceleste, we'll have to wait till later this summer.

Originally Posted by Jay02

I think Brady is awesome, but right now wouldnt it be Rodgers seeing that he's the SB champ. He gave us a glimpse last year of his playoff play against Arizona, then went forward with it the next year. Maybe biased, but i still think its realistic. Either way I wanna see a Pats Packers SB match up this year.

messi is 23

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by Jay02

messi is 23

That video on the page before said hes 19. Didnt think of the video being old. I was about to say...

Back
Top Bottom