most expensive photo in the world vol. so full of life

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

What a slap in the face for photographers who dedicates days, months and YEARS of their time and have to wait for the precise moment something happens to capture it on film.

People who dedicate time and effort into studying lighting techniques and framing and put talent and skill into their photographs, only to be upstaged by a photo that, LITERALLY, any donkey with a dslr, a tripod, and photoshop can accomplish.

no respect for this guy, at all.
I agree. I've seen much more amazing stuff in the photography thread on NT.

What a slap in the face for photographers who dedicates days, months and YEARS of their time and have to wait for the precise moment something happens to capture it on film.

People who dedicate time and effort into studying lighting techniques and framing and put talent and skill into their photographs, only to be upstaged by a photo that, LITERALLY, any donkey with a dslr, a tripod, and photoshop can accomplish.

you have no idea what you're talking about

Originally Posted by OkayKK

His pictures are nice, but this is the plainest I've seen of his work.  The picture the op posted is bland though.  Here is the sold picture which I think is nice but still od for what it sold.

Rhein_II.jpg
Man that is SO much better, I would have paid that much too!
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

& you do?

Originally Posted by OkayKK

His pictures are nice, but this is the plainest I've seen of his work.  The picture the op posted is bland though.  Here is the sold picture which I think is nice but still od for what it sold.

Rhein_II.jpg

eek.gif
embarassed.gif
 beautiful
but not worth that much imo

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

& you do?
As someone who has studied Gursky's work, his work is definitely not something that "any donkey with a dslr, tripod, and photoshop" can do. I'm not even the biggest fan of Gursky's but it's ridiculous that so many people can pass judgement on his work WITHOUT having seen the actual thing. You guys are somehow able to decide that his work is or isn't that great by looking at an image that is 1/100th the size of the actual work. To say that Gursky doesn't dedicate time and effort into his work and that he doesn't understand lighting techniques or framing is just complete nonsense.

Compared to some of his past pictures, that is plain which is probably why it went as high it did. Plus it's a Gursky so his fans/admirers will pay top notch money.  
This is one of my favorites 

kuwait-stock-exchange-ii.jpg

this is why art is a joke and andy warhol can make things like campbells soup and people call it art and praise it.
laugh.gif

you can say aesthetics, color , and %%%#*#+% about anything.

The Niketalk banner is so symmetrical the way the red clashes and creates a whirl of expression at the center and heart of the banner is astonishing. the pureness express of the white placed over the dark black drop creates this contrast and inner battle of expression through the piece.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

this is why art is a joke and andy warhol can make things like campbells soup and people call it art and praise it.
laugh.gif

The Niketalk banner is so symmetrical the way the red clashes and creates a whirl of expression at the center and heart of the banner is astonishing. the pureness express of the white placed over the dark black drop creates this contrast and inner battle of expression through the piece.
indifferent.gif
The irony 
laugh.gif
 the current banner is based on the Japanese flag and those colors do have meaning. Colors do have meaning. Placement does have significance.

OH WELL. ART IS BS. WHO CARES LOL.

i actually love philosophy and took a course on the meaning of art. and not that my opinion is the end all statement but literally anything can be art which is stupid.

i can take a %!%% on the floor and photograph it.

is it art because i intentionally created it to be art or simply because aesthetics say so.

you got people paying millions for a childrens splashing of paint on a surface +#+*+.

and in case you couldn't tell i simply made up random nonsense, if you want i could go more in depth with a post that completely refutes my previously descriptions

i actually love philosophy and took a course on the meaning of art. and not that my opinion is the end all statement but literally anything can be art which is stupid.

i can take a %!%% on the floor and photograph it.

is it art because i intentionally created it to be art or simply because aesthetics say so.

you got people paying millions for a childrens splashing of paint on a surface +#+*+.

and in case you couldn't tell i simply made up random nonsense, if you want i could go more in depth with a post that completely refutes my previously descriptions
It is not simply aesthetics. Aesthetics is design, not art.
In order for something to be art, there has to be a concept behind it otherwise it is simply a craft. Taking a photograph is not art. Taking a photograph is recording a moment using a camera. It's when you take a photograph with a purpose and are able to articulate that purpose that it is art. Taking a photograph is no different than sewing a thread or putting a brush to a surface. A snapshot is not a work of art nor is a patch on a pair of jeans. Someone painting their house isn't art. A Gursky image of symmetry and architecture is art. A Michael Wolf image of urban crowding is art. An Alexander McQueen couture dress is art. A Rothko is art.

There are thousands of technically proficient painters in China that make a living off of counterfeiting masterpieces. Is what they are doing art? I'd argue against it since all they are doing is reproducing something that already was. Without a concept, everything else is just craft.

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
The irony 
laugh.gif
 the current banner is based on the Japanese flag and those colors do have meaning. Colors do have meaning. Placement does have significance.

OH WELL. ART IS BS. WHO CARES LOL.
Mu dude, don't even waste your time. Some people honestly just don't get it. It's beyond them.
BTW, checked out yo' blog after seeing you post in here. Good stuff; been browsing through it for the last 1.5hrs or so...lol...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thats Lot Of Money....But I Do Like It Tho
pimp.gif
, Imma See If I Can Get Somin Like It For Less Than 20 Bucks

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Why is it so expensive? Simple, because an idiot paid for it.

Isn't that how it goes in the art world?

eyes.gif

Don't project your inabilities and mental vacuity unto others.

You're on NT of all places--meaning that at some point in the past you purchased shoes/kicks that were arguably expensive. By your logic, said shoes were expensive because you're an idiot, right?

Value is subjective. Only a fool would think otherwise, and ridicule another for what they hold to be valuable.

jesus you are uptight

Back
Top Bottom