Most Memoriable Sporting Events You've Attended

dont go to much to gamesss but.

USA vs Costa rica for the last world cup qualification.. right when we had that last second goal to tie...Im half Honduras sooo i needed them to win..
and this past NFL season when the 49ers came back and beat the eagles.. 24-23
pimp.gif

- The last and final game at the Key Arena for the Seattle Sonics in 2008 before they moved to OKC over the summer. I wasn't a Sonics fan growing up, but I was in Seattle for college and followed that team religiously for four years. I even had season tickets from 06-07 to 07-08. I remember the crowd chanting, "Save our Sonics" during the final minute.  Seattle got shafted.

- in 06-07 when I got to watch Allen Iverson, my favorite player growing up, play live for the first time ever. I was like a little school girl

- 1998 when I watched my first NBA game live in person at GM Place back when the Vancouver Grizzlies played the Jazz. Sucks that both of the teams I followed and loved growing up both relocated
frown.gif

- When I got to watch the play LeBron play live at the Rose Garden last year. Not a Bron fan, but he really is a freak of nature if you watch him live.

Originally Posted by primetime21

lebron first game at the uc
Illinois vs Arizona elite 8 game
boston vs chicago game 6

hopefully I will be going to a bears packers game at lambeau field or a blackhawk Stanley cup final game 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

it would've been that Stat game winning 3 over the celtics last year, but our clock guy is buns. So i will go with Game two of the world series Yanks/Phils

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Damn, not too many people have watched Lebron live? I feel kind of spoiled now lol.
I saw him last year when the Heat came to DC.  The highlight of that night was definitely Wall vs. Ilgauskas though
laugh.gif

I'll be going to the game next Thurs when the Heat come to town

In early 08 I got to sit on the Laker bench before a game vs. OKC to watch them warm up. Got to stand on the middle of the floor too. My friend's sister hooked it up.

I saw Kobe drop 65 on the Blazers
pimp.gif
it was this game:

I was at the 2007 Lakers season opener on Halloween against our biggest rivals at the time (PHX). Kobe didn't play and we trailed by like 20 but then Lamar Odom led the team to a huge comeback W. Crowd was going crazy chanting "O-dom" "O-dom"
laugh.gif
It was awesome

I was also at game 6 of the first round of the 2006 playoffs against PHX where *#$%%!% tim thomas hit that 3 and deprived my city of a Lakers Clippers second round showdown. Still lose sleep over this one
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Kentucky Derby 134 - Big Brown
Kentucky Derby 135 - Mine That Bird comes back from seemingly insurmountable distance

Brian Westbrook returns punt 76 (?) yards vs the Giants in the 4th Q or OT... Cant remember.

The first OKC Thunder playoff game

game 6 loss to the Lakers when Pau Gasol got that tip in and everybody just died

game 7 for the first series win (generally every playoff game except I didn't go to any in the Dallas series)

when KD had 51 and Russ had 40 and Serge had a triple double

A regular season Spurs @ Dallas game when TP hit the game winner over Dirk and Bradley who then proceeded to bump into each other trying to block it and fall down

PHX Suns @ Dallas Mavs game when Nash had 49

Originally Posted by AlachSB

Being at Primanti Brothers in Downtown Pittsburgh, while the Steelers were playing the Cardinals in the superbowl...and the Riot that ended up at Heinz Field after they won

This was crazy! Riot cops on Pitts campus whoopin *@%!

2000-01 AFC Championship game Raiders vs Raven @ The Coliseum (
sick.gif
)
2002-03 AFC Championship game Raiders vs Titans @ The Coliseum (
pimp.gif
)
2001 AL Division Series Game 3 A's vs Yankees @ The Coliseum (
30t6p3b.gif
)
2007 Western Conference Round Game 3 Warriors vs Mavericks @ Oracle Arena (
pimp.gif
)
2007 Cal Bears home opener vs Tennessee Volunteers @ Memorial Stadium
2010 Andre Ward vs Allan Green @ Oracle Arena (was a terrible fight but my first live boxing match)
2000 regular season game Warriors vs Lakers @ Oracle (Antawn scored 51, the night before he also put up 51 against the Sonics)

2003 WC Semi's, 2nd Leg, San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy @ Spartan Stadium (San Jose were effectively down 4-0 and came back to win 5-4)

Regular season game at the old Yankee Game in 2001 (pop was from NY and was a Yankee fanatic as a kid, this was huge for me. I think it was Ted Lilly's starting debut for NY)

Off the top...

October 28, 2004

Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech

My cousins were playing for VA Tech at the time, so since they were in town and about 10 of the fam were at the game. GA Tech was whooping +$! the whole game, but the Hokies stormed back and won.

Box Score

This Gary Guyton hit tho
pimp.gif

Damn, not too many people have watched Lebron live? I feel kind of spoiled now lol.

One of the moments that sticks out to me was the one time LeBron came to MSG his last season with the cavs. I remember watching him in warm up, he made like one or two shots and bricked everything. The 1st quarter I think he missed maybe one or two shots and scored 17 points if I remember right. I was just
eek.gif
 at the fact that he could just turn it on like that

Was at Dallas Braden's perfect game last year on Mothers Day.

49ers vs Saints playoff game. (Also went to the championship game, not so memorable
tired.gif
)

Being an A's/49ers fan there haven't been many memorable games at all
laugh.gif

2007 went to first basketball game, wizards vs hornets, went with my church and literally had the last row of nosebleed ticket seats, me and my homeboy ditched the seats walked around dc came back and got better seats

I have seen him 3 times against the Thunder and a 4th in the summer when he came to the KD All Star Game. Like him or not, he has an aura about him. When he comes out, the crowd starts murmuring and it's just exciting. Kobe is kind of the same way.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I have seen him 3 times against the Thunder and a 4th in the summer when he came to the KD All Star Game. Like him or not, he has an aura about him. When he comes out, the crowd starts murmuring and it's just exciting. Kobe is kind of the same way.

I remember selling my season ticket in the upper-mid nosebleeds at the Key Arena in 08 just to spend $290 for 2nd row seats behind the basket to watch LeBron up close... and this fool proceeded to sit out with a sore ankle 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom