Most Memoriable Sporting Events You've Attended

damn near had an orgasm...but idgaf. it was a long season and lakers werent supposed to win that game or series. well, they ended up losing that series 
grin.gif
but that game was an incredible highlight and amazing atmosphere to be at.

nothing off the wall crazy, but this was pretty memorable and im glad i went

gagner8points-500x393.jpg

sam gagner's 8 point night. most points in a single NHL game in 20 years, tying none other than wayne friggin gretzky for the team record

Really JPZx? Im not just saying this out of bitterness.....but thats REALLY the most memorable game you have ever been to? Sorry bro.

smart all-star game
kobe, durant, drose, jharden, and cp3  vs.  the philippines national team
right here in the pi
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Really JPZx? Im not just saying this out of bitterness.....but thats REALLY the most memorable game you have ever been to? Sorry bro.

Do you know what state I live in?

- I remember my pops taking me to my first Warriors game when I was like 5 and him taking me down by the court to show me how tall Manute Bol was.
laugh.gif

- Never got to see MJ play live so his second year back with the Wiz I dropped some $$$$ for good seats & he did not disappoint. 24/5/4 in 42min and also had 2 dunks.
- Vince Carter winning the Dunk Contest in Oakland in 2000.
- Warriors v. Lakers (Jamison & Kobe 50+)
- 2007 Warriors v. Mavs, Game 1.
- 2007 Warriors v. Jazz, Game 3 (Boom Dizzle yamming on AK47).

- 1998 49ers v. Packers NFC championship game.
- 2001 49ers v. Bears (Jerry Rice's last game as a Niner & T.O. w/20 catches).
- Ive had season tix since 05 so last season 49ers v. Saints playoff game was awesome & Giants NFC championship game too (even though we lost).

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I was at the Kentucky-Duke game where Christian Laettner hit the last second shot at the Spectrum in Philly

Word? I was named after Christian Laettner
pimp.gif

Lions over Chargers on Christmas day to clinch a playoff berth for the first time in over a decade
pimp.gif

I went to Yao Ming's first game in Sac... thats pretty cool I guess
frown.gif

and speaking of the Rockets, I saw Barkley and Dream play during the 99-00 season when I first moved to Sac

Originally Posted by JPZx

Do you know what state I live in?

Yeah I know what state you live in.  But there have been really big/memorable games in your city before.  I mean, the Twins have won their division more times than they didnt in the last decade.  None of those playoff games were better?  Although I forget the year, I distinctly remember the Twins clinching the division on the last day of the season one year.  None of the Garnett playoff years?  Didnt you make the WCF one year?

Sorry man.   I feel your pain.....but you have had some memorable games in your city for sure.

Wasn't an important game but Kobe's been my favorite athlete since I was a kid and being able to see him hit that buzzer beater in person was awesome for me, I don't get to go to many Lakers games let alone in Staples since I'm in the bay.

Lakers
-My first Lakers Game was when I was 6 at the Forum, it was Dennis Rodman's last game as a laker.
-I was a HighFive Kid at a Laker Game, got to sit on the Bench, swear Kobe sat in the same seat during warmups.
-Lakers Clippers, Clippers scored 19 points in first half, an NBA record for lowest points in a half.
-Game 7 Lakers Celtics 2010.
-Lakers Clippers where kobe iced the game and gasol got baptized by blake twice.

Clippers
When they played MJ on the Wizards
When they played Lebron, rookie year.
Seeing Keith Closs Play at the Pond.

Angels
I'm pretty sure Vladimir Guerrero just signed with the Rangers. His first game against the Angels and hits two home-runs... the crowd was pissed.

Marshon Brooks 52 Point game against Notre Dame to set a Big East Record

I'm 19.

I was 10 when the Timberwolves were in the WCF, and that's the last year they were in the playoffs so we can cross out any years before that. And memorable Twins playoff games? You realize we've lost 12 straight post-season games, right?

You're underplaying the impact of that Vikings/49ers game. It meant more than just the win. The players finally bought into Favre after that moment, and it set the tone for the season. Not to mention how improbable of a play that was.

Game 7 vs. the Celts in 2010
pimp.gif

Can't even explain to you guys the intensity and energy at Staples that evening. Unlike any normal game, this was different. This was one of, if not THE most intense rivalry in sports. Coming down to 1 game to become World Champions. My goodness that game came down to the final play or two! I don't think I'll ever forget the last few sequence of events in that game, from Sasha hitting HUGE free throws with seconds left... to both Sheed and Rondo missing 3's at the end.. to Odom running the clock out by throwing the ball all the way down the court and to Kobe chasing it down and sealing it, insane!

Random people hugging each other.. everybody going NUTS when Odom threw that ball down the court.. the ridiculousness/celebration that followed outside following the game.. David Stern still being booed during the trophy presentation no matter how happy we all were that we won the Chip
laugh.gif
.. game was almost TOO good. It was painful to stomach at many different points
laugh.gif

Damn, I came in here to only say that first line, but couldn't help but go in depth about it. I literally can't put into words how intense that game was and how it felt to witness your team win a Game 7 in the NBA Finals against your most hated rival, absolutely incredible. Something I'll never forget. I usually hate when people say 'you had to be there' to explain an event instead of actually describing it, but in this case I truly feel that way. Or at least in the way I viewed that game. That's my team! Real emotions were felt that game and evening
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Randy Johnson vs Kevin Brown 1998 NLDS game 1. Qualcomm Stadium. greatest game i've ever been to

laugh.gif
@ 19

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Being an A's/49ers fan there haven't been many memorable games at all
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

What are you, 12?

indifferent.gif

Yes, I'm 12. #$++ outta here trying to get e-laughs, square boy..

I'm actually 22 and been a 49er fan my entire life. You mad? Clearly there have been memorable games (i.e Terrell owens the catch 2 vs GB), but i'm referring to how BAD both teams have been the last 10 years.

inb4 38 year old responds about how he was at the superbowls in the 80's

Before I give mine, I'm just going to go ahead and acknowledge that I am old (at least for this board).

I was at the Loyola Marymount basketball game, when Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble were on the team, and they beat a team 152-137. At the time, I thik that was the most combined points in a NCAA Division 1 Game (may still be).

I was also at the Raiders game against the Bengals that pretty much ended Bo Jackson's football career. Crazy thing was that it really looked like a routine play. Damn shame.

I was at a Lakers' playoff game in 1997 against the Jazz. Del Harris took Nick Van Exel out of the game for some reason and Kobe ended up running point. He had like 3 turnovers in a row and the Jazz blew the game open.

Back
Top Bottom